Slash & Perla File For Divorce (TMZ Source)

STPFAN

People in 'love' don't sign prenups.

Considering the property laws in many states, as they relate to Divorce these days, that is a bunch of BS and a very naïve statement at best.

I'm not talking about multi-million dollar real estate, millions at stake in divorce hearings, I'm talking about couples in love.

That's a very pragmatic view, but when a full 50% or more of first marriages end in divorce and the rates are said to be higher for second and third marriages, it's not a very realistic one. You can love someone very much and still secure your financial future. You have life insurance; it's not because you think your spouse is going to kill you but because you want to secure things for your heirs in case you die. By the same token, you have a prenup, not because you think you're going to get divorced or don't love your intended, but to secure the finances in case things change later.

Maybe he didn't sign the prenup under duress.

Perla made it known that she wouldn't be coming to the altar if Slash tried to push the pre-nup through and held the wedding hostage until Slash gave in.

And that should have been a red flag right there...

People in 'love' don't sign prenups.

Considering the property laws in many states, as they relate to Divorce these days, that is a bunch of BS and a very naïve statement at best.

I'm not talking about multi-million dollar real estate, millions at stake in divorce hearings, I'm talking about couples in love.

If it is just the "love" then they should just keep dating. But a marriage is a business arrangement, just like a pre-nup is. And common sense must accompany love for those things.

But does Slash have to leave their house? the house he paid for and Perla would never have? or will Perla have to find another home? and will she take that stupid tranny dude with her?

Personally I think the kids should be the ones who stay intact in a house, and the parents have to move in and out when it is their visitation. I always thought it was crazy that it's the kids who have to be carted around.

agree with that

yeah, cause the men in their lives don't manipulate them at all.

Can't think of any of them who could be compared to the manner in which the ex-housemaid, ex-Madame or controlling mother exert financial and emotional control over Axl, Slash and Steven respectively.

Maybe Izzy chose the best way out, he doesn't ever get bothered and seems to be happy, got himself a nice and easy life. and Duff didn't do bad either he wrote 2 books has a nice family, has a wife who provides income herself and who seems to be very supportive towards him and he makes music as much as he wants and has several bands going and is very respected by other musicians

• Like 3

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Just read that Slash had no pre-nup. Bye bye half of his money and assets to his soon to be ex-wife.

Was Slash still drinking when he married Perla? No one with money should marry without a pre-nup.

Slash should provide for his boys and Perla should get an allowance, but to get half of what he has, I just don't agree with that at all.

Agree but just like any other marriage in the courts, if you don't sign a pre nup then tough. Anyone who earns crazy money should get one signed. Especially with her being the kinda person she is.

BUT in her defence, she is only entitled the money he earned while they were together and she can easily argue that she HELPED him earn that money. She 'managed' a lot of it.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Can't think of any of them who could be compared to the manner in which the ex-housemaid, ex-Madame or controlling mother exert financial and emotional control over Axl, Slash and Steven respectively.

To be fair in Steven's case, the fact that his mom has power of attorney is probably the only reason he has a roof over his head and hasn't shot and snorted all of his money away. Unlike a lot of longtime drug addicts he hasn't ended up destitute because someone else is managing the funds. It doesn't mean I like Steven's mom; just pointing that out.

Perla made it known that she wouldn't be coming to the altar if Slash tried to push the pre-nup through and held the wedding hostage until Slash gave in.

so she suspected it could happen

She's a vile woman. Money grubbing whore.

I think it's unfair to call her such. No one knows what's going just yet. And if he cheated and caused the ending of his Marriage he deserves the 50% deduction in earnings.

To be fair in Steven's case, the fact that his mom has power of attorney is probably the only reason he has a roof over his head and hasn't shot and snorted all of his money away. Unlike a lot of longtime drug addicts he hasn't ended up destitute because someone else is managing the funds. It doesn't mean I like Steven's mom; just pointing that out.

spot on.

I have no doubt steven would have been dead long ago with that arrangement in place. The guy simply cannot look after himself or his affairs.

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 1

so she suspected it could happen

She's a vile woman. Money grubbing whore.

Yet Slash's brother thinks she's great...

I wouldn't be a fan myself but living with a manchild rock icon must be tough at times.

Those titties gotta stay pert or else.....

PS: She did have the honesty to describe her husband's contribution to VR as "not his finest work" - a perfect summation in my opinion.

Edited by Intercourse

I never minded Perla, she seems like she has a set of balls on her and some intelligence. Of course none of us know these people, but she did seem perfect for Slash in a way. Hot, family oriented and not going to take too much shit from him. I think he's royally fucked up and most definitely back on something - reminds me of Tallarico a couple of years ago when he got papped buying booze 'for a friend'.

• Like 3

I never minded Perla, she seems like she has a set of balls on her and some intelligence. Of course none of us know these people, but she did seem perfect for Slash in a way. Hot, family oriented and not going to take too much shit from him. I think he's royally fucked up and most definitely back on something - reminds me of Tallarico a couple of years ago when he got papped buying booze 'for a friend'.

Couldn't agree more ;)

Agreed. I think many on here are letting their "Slash fandom" scew their opinions. Let's really add things up here, she gave him two kids (which sorry to inform you all this but 1 child is worth 10 AFD, sorry it just is), got him sober, ran his buisnesses, and lets face it she just plain kept him alive. If he really did cheat on her, then I'm sorry he SHOULD have to pay out the ass, and I'm not one bit sorry for him. A marriage is a contract that is JUST as binding as any other legal document. Just because we live in an age where 50% of marriages end in divorce, doesn't meant they are not binding contracts. Slash said those vows and he signed that paper (which all married couples do), so ya she's got him by the balls. That's just how it goes, if you don't like it, don't get married. Maybe Axl's early marriage to Erin taught him a lesson or two, hence his never getting married since. It might seem lonely IMO, but at least he isn't going to get his ass steam rolled in court. Perhaps old man Axl is a little smarter than we give him credit for... Oh and BTW anyone that doesn't think its "right" or "fair" that women get what they get in a divorce are clearly uninformed, especially when kids are involved. They deserve every penny the judge awards them, and anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional. They take us pain in the ass men, make us respectable, give us children, give our life purpose, and we repay them by bickering about what they do or don't deserve in a divorce??? Come on, grow up men, and man the fuck up. If you don't like the rules, don't get married. Like I said before, it's a legal contract just as binding as anything else. If Slash got an contract to perform X number of shows, got an advance up front, then refused to play them, he'd get his ass sued. Marriage is no different......

• Like 1

Agreed. I think many on here are letting their "Slash fandom" scew their opinions. Let's really add things up here, she gave him two kids (which sorry to inform you all this but 1 child is worth 10 AFD, sorry it just is), got him sober, ran his buisnesses, and lets face it she just plain kept him alive. If he really did cheat on her, then I'm sorry he SHOULD have to pay out the ass, and I'm not one bit sorry for him. A marriage is a contract that is JUST as binding as any other legal document. Just because we live in an age where 50% of marriages end in divorce, doesn't meant they are not binding contracts. Slash said those vows and he signed that paper (which all married couples do), so ya she's got him by the balls. That's just how it goes, if you don't like it, don't get married. Maybe Axl's early marriage to Erin taught him a lesson or two, hence his never getting married since. It might seem lonely IMO, but at least he isn't going to get his ass steam rolled in court. Perhaps old man Axl is a little smarter than we give him credit for... Oh and BTW anyone that doesn't think its "right" or "fair" that women get what they get in a divorce are clearly uninformed, especially when kids are involved. They deserve every penny the judge awards them, and anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional. They take us pain in the ass men, make us respectable, give us children, give our life purpose, and we repay them by bickering about what they do or don't deserve in a divorce??? Come on, grow up men, and man the fuck up. If you don't like the rules, don't get married. Like I said before, it's a legal contract just as binding as anything else. If Slash got an contract to perform X number of shows, got an advance up front, then refused to play them, he'd get his ass sued. Marriage is no different......

She seems like she'd be the type to let him do what he wants on the road as long as it doesn't hurt the family, but how often did he post photos with his family on the feed? He just wasn't home much except when he was in the studio working on music. But if he was having an affair with an old fling... and this is someone who messed around with Perla while he was engaged to his first wife, it would be hard for him to lie to her. Maybe it just ran its course and she was saving face while they tried to work some of the business stuff out.

Perhaps old man Axl is a little smarter than we give him credit for... ...

I'm not sure what's smart about beating up women and then taking on a leech as a mother figure.

Wasn't it Slash who was convicted of hitting women?

Edit: Slash was never convicted.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 2

I think it is perfectly ok to point out that Perla is a convicted Madam and that Slash is a fucking idiot for marrying her, knocking her up and making her manager. Not to mention the lack of a pre-nup.

It's hardly taking sides. They're a pair of idiots for so many reasons. Same goes for a lot of other GNR members.

Only one I have any respect for as a person is Duff. Maybe Izzy for walking away from the circus. Gilby seems ok too. The rest of them though...nah.

• Like 2

I think it is perfectly ok to point out that Perla is a convicted Madam and that Slash is a fucking idiot for marrying her, knocking her up and making her manager. Not to mention the lack of a pre-nup.

It's hardly taking sides. They're a pair of idiots for so many reasons. Same goes for a lot of other GNR members.

Only one I have any respect for as a person is Duff. Maybe Izzy for walking away from the circus. Gilby seems ok too. The rest of them though...nah.