Slash & Perla File For Divorce (TMZ Source)

STPFAN

Perhaps old man Axl is a little smarter than we give him credit for... ...

I'm not sure what's smart about beating up women and then taking on a leech as a mother figure.

Wasn't it Slash who was convicted of hitting women?

"women" would be Axl

"woman" would be Slash

I'm more interested in what these people do musically than their personal lives. But from what I recall (and I could be wrong) is that Axl was accused/taken to court by FOUR different women. Two of the women he paid off a total of 1.4 million dollars for them to drop the charges.

I think Slash and Perla got into a physical altercation where they both struck each other - and then quickly made up, and both apologized and didn't even break up over it.

I think it is perfectly ok to point out that Perla is a convicted Madam and that Slash is a fucking idiot for marrying her, knocking her up and making her manager. Not to mention the lack of a pre-nup.

It's hardly taking sides. They're a pair of idiots for so many reasons. Same goes for a lot of other GNR members.

Only one I have any respect for as a person is Duff. Maybe Izzy for walking away from the circus. Gilby seems ok too. The rest of them though...nah.

You actually kind of hit the nail on the head.

These guys are ROCK STARS. They are (or were) out doing drugs, banging groupies (even tho they were married), and living lives of debauchery. People love Izzy..........but he was a heroin dealer. How do you feel about the heroin dealers that are selling hardcore drugs to young people in your neighborhood?

They are not our friends. They are not our family members. They don't give a dogs balls about you and I as people.

Why do we care so much, invest so much of our time, and act like we "know" who they are as people --- concerning their personal lives???

All I want from Axl, Slash, etc is that they continue putting out music and touring. I couldn't care less about their personal lives. And it is kind of weird how people on here get so wrapped up in their personal lives and ACT like they "know" what these people are really like as people.

I'm not sure what's smart about beating up women and then taking on a leech as a mother figure.

"women" would be Axl

"woman" would be Slash

I'm more interested in what these people do musically than their personal lives. But from what I recall (and I could be wrong) is that Axl was accused/taken to court by FOUR different women. Two of the women he paid off a total of 1.4 million dollars for them to drop the charges.

I think Slash and Perla got into a physical altercation where they both struck each other - and then quickly made up, and both apologized and didn't even break up over it.

I think it is perfectly ok to point out that Perla is a convicted Madam and that Slash is a fucking idiot for marrying her, knocking her up and making her manager. Not to mention the lack of a pre-nup.

It's hardly taking sides. They're a pair of idiots for so many reasons. Same goes for a lot of other GNR members.

Only one I have any respect for as a person is Duff. Maybe Izzy for walking away from the circus. Gilby seems ok too. The rest of them though...nah.

These guys are ROCK STARS. They are (or were) out doing drugs, banging groupies (even tho they were married), and living lives of debauchery. People love Izzy..........but he was a heroin dealer. How do you feel about the heroin dealers that are selling hardcore drugs to young people in your neighborhood?

They are not our friends. They are not our family members. They don't give a dogs balls about you and I as people.

Why do we care so much, invest so much of our time, and act like we "know" who they are as people --- concerning their personal lives???

All I want from Axl, Slash, etc is that they continue putting out music and touring. I couldn't care less about their personal lives. And it is kind of weird how people on here get so wrapped up in their personal lives and ACT like they "know" what these people are really like as people.

Agree 100%. I might not respect them as people but I love them as musicians. Due to the lack of new music however people inevitably discuss this kind of stuff. Some seem to take it really personally though, probably much more than any of the actual people being discussed. I am always amused by people mentioning Axl being sensitive and how if he read the threads here he would be so hurt.

Think it is fair to say he DOES read the forum (how often is another thing) and the only time he felt the need to actually respond was with Madison.

When he did post people gave him shit and he responded as you'd expect, called them a cunt, and kept posting and responding to those that had actual questions. He's a grown man, they all are and are worth millions. I seriously doubt they give two shits about this place 99% of the time.

When you think of their backgrounds and life they have lived, the idea of them getting offended and MAD because someone called them fat on an internet forum is fucking hilarious :lol:

If they were that thin-skinned they'd never have got anywhere in the music business.

"women" would be Axl

"woman" would be Slash

Two different women, and both were civil cases.

Slash and Axl were both accused of rape in 1985 but the charges were dropped.

Steven was convicted in criminal court and did 3 months in jail for beating two different women.

Only guys in GN'R I'm not aware of as having female abuse issues are Izzy and Duff.

"women" would be Axl

"woman" would be Slash

Agree 100%. I might not respect them as people but I love them as musicians. Due to the lack of new music however people inevitably discuss this kind of stuff. Some seem to take it really personally though, probably much more than any of the actual people being discussed. I am always amused by people mentioning Axl being sensitive and how if he read the threads here he would be so hurt.

Think it is fair to say he DOES read the forum (how often is another thing) and the only time he felt the need to actually respond was with Madison.

When he did post people gave him shit and he responded as you'd expect, called them a cunt, and kept posting and responding to those that had actual questions. He's a grown man, they all are and are worth millions. I seriously doubt they give two shits about this place 99% of the time.

When you think of their backgrounds and life they have lived, the idea of them getting offended and MAD because someone called them fat on an internet forum is fucking hilarious :lol:

If they were that thin-skinned they'd never have got anywhere in the music business.

It's desirable that we should be more interested in what these people put out musically rather than in their private lives BUT you have to bear in mind that the personal/private life informs the music.

That's why AFD chimed with such a lot of people: the band was writing about its own experiences which gave the songs/album an autheticity that was lacking with hair metal bands of the time. Music and emotion are bound together. G n' R was an angry band due to things that had happened (or neglect) stemming back to childhood. You can feel that anger in the music. And that's why much of this music resonates to this very day, imho.

• Like 2