Axl's gift to DJ.

Guys, what if Paul Tobias and DJ Ashba are actually the same person? What if Tobias adopted this #demented identity after he met Slash during the SFTD sessions and was rejected by his idol? What if...Slash actually created this #Monster ?

Guys, what if Paul Tobias and DJ Ashba are actually the same person? What if Tobias adopted this #demented identity after he met Slash during the SFTD sessions and was rejected by his idol? What if...Slash actually created this #Monster ?

Interesting Theorie :lol:

At this point, if you're going to post a critical opinion of DJ receiving and/or posing with the gift he received from Axl, please at least read through this thread beforehand so you know what you're talking about.

It has been made painfully aware (numerous times) that it's not exactly a limited number of people who receive these awards. This was a gift Axl gave to DJ; likely one among many who received this award who had little to do with the creation or recording of this album.

We've had 13 pages on this and unless the unjustified hate stops we're going to end discussion on this right here.

• Like 2

Again, I have a platinum record award in my name from the TSO on my wall, and I'm a lowly radio DJ. (pun not intended.) It's not exactly a stretch to think that DJ would get a platinum record for touring CD for the past five years.

And I´m sure Howard Stern has plenty of platinum albums from many artists. It´s normal in the case of DJs and music journalists to get them because they are part of the industry. Radios help to sell albums. They work close with the industry.

In the case of DJ, the unusual thing is that he got it from his band mate and signed by him. It would be interesting to see if one of this days Nikki Sixx also sends him a signed platinum or gold album

unless the unjustified hate stops

There is a justified hate? :lol:

Sure. If you fuckin' hate his bullshit guitar playing for example, it's justified hate cause it means you have good taste. (his Patience solo, This I Love this solo version DJ Ashba, etc)

Or if you're hatin' on his swag cause he is 42 years old and it looks so horrid you almost take it personally, that's justified as well.

Edited by Rovim

LEAVE DJ ALONE! :bitchfight:

Honestly though, this thread seems tame in comparison to some others I've seen.

I'm only reacting, and trying to make sense, out of what I'm seeing. If that is interpreted
as hate then so be it. It's probably a case of overreacting / over analyzing something that
is essentially a non-issue ( although I would still argue that putting a signature onto something
implies ownership of some sort, but I guess we don't really know who wrote it, still odd tho ).

With Axl / the state of GnR in radio silence mode, and this being one of the few bits of "news"
that we get, what else do you expect?

I don't really hate DJ Ashba. He amuses me with his goofy character and hilarious guitar playing. I love mocking the guy. If GNR were a top band with everyone bringing their A game every night with DJ being the weak link then yeah, I'd dislike him. But not even Axl cares to deliver a good performance anymore. GNR has become such a joke band with the lowest standards I've ever seen given to a band. "At least he's in key" and stuff like that is what I'm talking about.

If I still took GNR seriously, DJ would be a problem. As of now, he's just one more clown in this sad and pathetic circus that GNR has become. This I Love This.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 4

I don't really hate DJ Ashba. He amuses me with his goofy character and hilarious guitar playing. I love mocking the guy. If GNR were a top band with everyone bringing their A game every night with DJ being the weak link then yeah, I'd dislike him. But not even Axl cares to deliver a good performance anymore. GNR has become such a joke band with the lowest standards I've ever seen given to a band. "At least he's in key" and stuff like that is what I'm talking about.

If I still took GNR seriously, DJ would be a problem. As of now, he's just one more clown in this sad and pathetic circus that GNR has become. This I Love This.

But he is the weak link in new Guns. At least Axl still delivers pretty good performances sometimes. I guess "hate" is a strong word. I don't know the guy, but I strongly dislike his fake persona and his shitty guitar playing and inflated ego. Fuck that shit.

Old Guns was always about being yourself. DJ copies what he thinks is cool and puts up an act. That's not very Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim

But he is the weak link in new Guns. At least Axl still delivers pretty good performances sometimes. I guess "hate" is a strong word. I don't know the guy, but I strongly dislike his fake persona and his shitty guitar playing and inflated ego. Fuck that shit.

Old Guns was always about being yourself. DJ copies what he thinks is cool and puts up an act. That's not very Gn'R.

I totally understand your point of view. I just don't take him or the "band" seriously enough to care or "hate" him.

His persona is not very GNR? Well, Axl's band is not very GNR either... It only has the same name, it doesn't even have the same Axl. It's not like he's the reason GNR is not respected among music fans in general. Axl is.