Axl's gift to DJ.

Why do you guys have to maker a parody of everything?

Because we're fans of Guns N Roses in 2015. Self explanatory.

Besides, I asked a couple of serious questions a few posts ago. Care to contribute to constructive discussion?

Axl gave DJ a gift. Ashba shared the info on instagram. The end.

I don't think you read the questions correctly.

Because we're fans of Guns N Roses in 2015. Self explanatory.

Besides, I asked a couple of serious questions a few posts ago. Care to contribute to constructive discussion?

Axl gave DJ a gift. Ashba shared the info on instagram. The end.

I don't think you read the questions correctly.

Thanks for clearing that up, downzy.

Everyone seems pretty calm to me, though. :shrugs:

You heard the man. Calm your tits.

I'm all up in arms about this and downzy won't let me rage. I don't know what I'm paying for.

You know I'll go right to the cops if you don't keep the dollars coming :P

I'd be embarrassed to have that on the wall with my name on it if I wasn't even in the band when it was recorded and released.

Of course we all know DJ doesn't do embarrassment. If he did he wouldn't go out in public deliberately looking the way he does.

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up, downzy.

Everyone seems pretty calm to me, though. :shrugs:

lol Your signature is the dumbest thing I have read in my entire stance in this forum. So damn stupid is actually funny. :lol:

I'll miss his old signature, sigh....

• Like 1

As a fan, if Axl sent me one I would be really happy.

It's a big part of Axl's life, or atleast the record is. It will always define his solo career. And I'm not trying to be mean about it. People will view this record as a solo project from Axl.

The opportunity this record had will never be seen again. He had all the free advertisement on this record he could get. He had unlimited resources on making the album. It was going to sell over a million copies regardless of what's on it. Yes there was tons of pressure to make it good, but that's a small price to pay for the build up this album got. Every delay made it more famous! No other artist, band, or any kind of entertainer will ever see the treatment that CD got! It was truly an opportunity of the millennium.

Axl's career was already defined before this album, but the legacy he could have created in this opportunity would have made him immortal. I'm sad that Axl saw it as more of a burden than an opportunity. I think he rubbed a lot of people wrong that worked with him on this album because of his lack of appreciation for the moment.

But as a momento of history I must say that gift to DJ is a pretty iconic one.

I don't think anyone has to actually exert any sort of effort to make it into parody at this point.

Just when you think DJ can't possibly top whatever cringeworthy thing he's done in the past, stuff like the guitar poem and this happen ( granted, this one isn't entirely his fault ).

But yeah, this is just strange. Like some sort of weird revisionist history at work. Couldn't Axl have just

sent him something Appetite for Democracy related, a picture of the two on stage, idk, anything aside from

something DJ had fuckall to do with?

Edited by jbhutto

I don't think anyone has to actually exert any sort of effort to make it into parody at this point.

Just when you think DJ can't possibly top whatever cringeworthy thing he's done in the past, stuff like the guitar poem and this happen ( granted, this one isn't entirely his fault ).

But yeah, this is just strange. Like some sort of weird revisionist history at work. Couldn't Axl have just

sent him something Appetite for Democracy related, a picture of the two on stage, idk, anything aside from

No idea dude. Maybe DJ touring the world over the last five years supporting the Chinese Democracy tour..I dunno.

No idea dude. Maybe DJ touring the world over the last five years supporting the Chinese Democracy tour..I dunno.

I think this is most likely the closest reason so I guess that makes it a generous gesture. This actually could be the biggest indicator that the CD chapter is closed.

• Like 1

The problem I have with this is simple. I don't have a problem with Axl giving gifts of whatever to whoever, but Donna Joe Ashba couldn't even be bothered to clarify in his post that he had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of this record. A simple line similar to "proud to be carrying on the legacy." Or anything remotely similar would have sufficed.

Maybe the disc actually contains CD 2 but cleverly disguised as CD 1 to throw everyone off the scent. If DJ figures this out he passes Axl's ingenious test and is allowed to make contributions to the next album.

Nice theory. I guess he's cleaning out his house, that's why he scribbled DJ's name on it. He probably has something for everyone, but DJ's the only one who's bragging on Twitter/Instagram. I see this as a sign to a new start, out with the old, in with the new (album).

It just seems to say DJ - Axl Rose. I'd at least want a "love & hugs from" Axl Rose :heart:

The problem I have with this is simple. I don't have a problem with Axl giving gifts of whatever to whoever, but Donna Joe Ashba couldn't even be bothered to clarify in his post that he had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of this record. A simple line similar to "proud to be carrying on the legacy." Or anything remotely similar would have sufficed.

Why are you calling him Donna? Are you frustrated with your own life or something and need to make fun of others to help with your own issues?

Why are you calling him Donna? Are you frustrated with your own life or something and need to make fun of others to help with your own issues?
It's a DJ Tanner Full House reference. But I appreciate your concern for my well being! Edited by TOS--LOA
  • Like 1