Axl's gift to DJ.

Didn't Best buy purchase a ton of copies of CD and they counted as record sales. They ended up at Kmart for 1.99 because they couldn't get rid of them lol. I only like better and there was a time. Overrated and overproduced album with cheesy loops of generic beats mixed in

I would guess that neither Axl or Dj has spent 1/100 of the time thinking about this gift as you guys have. It must be absurd having your every action and decision -- even those without any superior meaning -- analysed to death by strangers on a fan forum. People keep saying we need a new album, well, it would be cool, but most of all I think some people here need a new hobby.

• Like 3

To be fair DJ does have at least a couple of these on his own - at least one of the Sixx:AM songs and Saints of Los Angeles both went gold. This seems like a "hey, we want you to feel included in the band" sort of gift. As others have mentioned, the folks who were involved with ChiDem would have their own awards via the RIAA/label, so this gift doesn't take away from that.

Edited by stella

Maybe we are over analyzing it, but the problem is, Ashba is such a wanker it is impossible to refrain from interpreting everything the guy does as evidence of, wanker-type behaviour. If it was anyone else, you would perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

Gigantic asshole move by both Axl and DJ.

Way completely disrespect everybody who helped create that album.

If anybody deserves this it would be Robin or Buckethead. Not some douchebag who wishes he could play their parts.

It shows how deluded Axl must be....

• Like 2

Maybe we are over analyzing it, but the problem is, Ashba is such a wanker it is impossible to refrain from interpreting everything the guy does as evidence of, wanker-type behaviour. If it was anyone else, you would perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, but on the great wanker scale of life you rank right up there with him and nobody gives a shit about what you do. Explain that one.

It makes me very upset when people on a GNR fan forum chat with each other about GNR. Those people need a life. I'm all set, even though I'm commenting on people who I say need a life.

Surely you're not referring to me? None of the DJ insults in the world effect me in the least. I'm not white knighting for any emo tosser that can't play his guitar, just contrasting different results for different wankers.

It makes me very upset when people on a GNR fan forum chat with each other about GNR. Those people need a life. I'm all set, even though I'm commenting on people who I say need a life.

Surely you're not referring to me? None of the DJ insults in the world effect me in the least. I'm not white knighting for any emo tosser that can't play his guitar, just contrasting different results for different wankers.

Of course I'm not referring to you.

<3

• Like 1

Yeah, but on the great wanker scale of life you rank right up there with him and nobody gives a shit about what you do. Explain that one.

Who pissed in your beer, today?

Lack of beer, that's my problem. Just fucking with you though, you know you're not as big a wanker as DJ.

• Like 2

Lack of beer, that's my problem. Just fucking with you though, you know you're not as big a wanker as DJ.

Just ask DJ to ask Axl to send you a truck full of the band´s official beer Budweisser. Request for every single can to be signed by Axl. Then DJ will get us a pic of the delivery. And we all live happy ever after.

• Like 2

DJ is annoying as always, but at least he is in the band for 5 years to "promote" this record, so i think he deserves it...

(keep in mind that i'm a DJ "hater"
and still think he deserves this...)

If no other members gfot one, then it's too bad.... maybe Axl really looking seriously on new musics regard and consider DJ as an important member? we will see

The problem I have with this is simple. I don't have a problem with Axl giving gifts of whatever to whoever, but Donna Joe Ashba couldn't even be bothered to clarify in his post that he had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of this record. A simple line similar to "proud to be carrying on the legacy." Or anything remotely similar would have sufficed.

Why are you calling him Donna? Are you frustrated with your own life or something and need to make fun of others to help with your own issues?

Why are you defending DJ? He doesn't need your white knighting....

(keep in mind that i'm actually see nothing really wrong with this topic, so i'm not bashing DJ, just YOU for being incredibly lolworthy!)

Edited by Motivation

Meanwhile, the same day, BBF ( who actually played on CD ) probably received a cease and desist letter or something :lol:

Bumblefoot - Upset with not getting the chance to push the band forward and make a contribution to the next album, thereby ebbing out a place in Rock N Roll history.

DJ - Content with writing his name on an album he had no part in creating and calling it a day ( er receiving an album that Axl? wrote his name on)

If anybody deserves this it would be Robin or Buckethead. Not some douchebag who wishes he could play their parts.

Once again, Robin and Buckethead would have already received their years ago. DJ's plaque was likely a result of Axl lobbying the RIAA to award DJ considering he's been somewhat central to its promotion once the band started touring the full album.

What this shows, more than anything, is that Axl appreciates loyalty. From an outsider's perspective, it would appear that DJ has been very loyal to Axl and the band since he joined. This, coupled with DJ helping to promote the album for five years, likely meant a lot to Axl and he wanted to show his appreciation.

Keep in mind that the RIAA hands out a lot of these plaques. Here's what it says on the RIAA site with respect to who gets an award: "RIAA does not limit the amount of plaques a music label or artist can create nor do we say how many plaques were produced (if any) for a particular project. Our role is to certify the title, and then the recipients are free to purchase authorized plaques from RIAA approved, licensed framing companies." In other words, anyone can get an award, so long as they had something to do with the album in a manner that's up to the artist. Having done some recording at one of Canada's premier recording studies (Metalworks), I've seen awards bestowed to catering and chauffeur companies.

The fact that DJ has received one shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if you're informed about how commonplace these awards are.

Once again, Robin and Buckethead would have already received their years ago. DJ's plaque was likely a result of Axl lobbying the RIAA to award DJ considering he's been somewhat central to its promotion once the band started touring the full album.

What this shows, more than anything, is that Axl appreciates loyalty. From an outsider's perspective, it would appear that DJ has been very loyal to Axl and the band since he joined. This, coupled with DJ helping to promote the album for five years, likely meant a lot to Axl and he wanted to show his appreciation.

Keep in mind that the RIAA hands out a lot of these plaques. Here's what it says on the RIAA site with respect to who gets an award: "RIAA does not limit the amount of plaques a music label or artist can create nor do we say how many plaques were produced (if any) for a particular project. Our role is to certify the title, and then the recipients are free to purchase authorized plaques from RIAA approved, licensed framing companies." In other words, anyone can get an award, so long as they had something to do with the album in a manner that's up to the artist. Having done some recording at one of Canada's premier recording studies (Metalworks), I've seen awards bestowed to catering and chauffeur companies.

The fact that DJ has received one shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if you're informed about how commonplace these awards are.

You be quiet. This is an outrage of the highest order and we will not let common sense get in the way of our temper tantrum.

Alright. So this a complete non event. Hashtagging 1million or whatever he did was kinda lolworthy but whatevs.