What about "Going Down"?

I just wish the quality was better

I think the first 10 ish seconds of the song are crappy , it's a leak so don't read too much into it, we may get the final edit on cd2, or we may never hear anything else . Welcome to the mad world of Axl

Am I the only one who thinks it would be ridiculous to have a song not written by Axl on CD2? One of the things I liked about CD was that it specifically said all lyrics and melodies by Axl Rose. That's what I expect and want from a post '93 GNR album which I admittedly view as The Axl Rose show.

I love the song, I'm a big fan of Tommy's solo stuff so go figure. Whilst it seems the final version is Axl on lead vocals I think it'd be cool if Tommy were to sing lead on a couple of tracks. Sure, the guy aint the greatest singer in the world but if nothing else it would give Axl a break during a show meaning Axl could take a break and there needn't be any instrumental filler.

The solo section sounds like it was cut and pasted from another song entirely, within the context of the song it's not a good solo. It's trying a little too hard to not be what you expect it to be. The song doesn't need a huge solo, just a few bars and maybe some outro leads and licks disbursed throughout the song. I like Tommy's vocal, he should probably do it again as should Axl in regards to the back up. Maybe treat it more as a duet, rather than Tommy as lead and Axl as backing. Good song, and it received really positive feedback when it leaked... there's not many new GnR songs that have claimed that feat. Don't know what direction this new album is going in, but if it's a more stripped back approach (unlikely) Going down should have a place on the record, even if it's just a bonus track.

It's not a timeless song like most tunes on Chinese imo. The high quality I expect from new Guns is not present on this song.

It's ok. Nothing special. There are better tunes on Tommy's first solo album. I hope it's not on CD ll.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Love the song,but if you listen to axl voice at the background,its really bad news,becuase its Axl 2001 voice sound.Hellium-Mickey voice.

To me, Axl's voice on Going Down is almost identical to the voice he used on Dead Flowers and that's from 1994. The "Mickey" thing really isn't anything new. Just listen to the Hollywood Rose stuff. Or some old live versions of KOHD.

Having the ability to sing in various "voices" is one of the more unique things about Axl.

• Like 1

Oh My God deserves a re-release. Its one of Axl's best songs and it didnt have a fair audience.

What does a fair audience mean?

Oh My God's release was quite a big deal. The first new GNR song in years. It's not the audience's fault that it went nowhere. It's the song's fault.

This is akin to saying that CD didn't get promotion

Oh My God deserves a re-release. Its one of Axl's best songs and it didnt have a fair audience.

Oh My God's release was quite a big deal. The first new GNR song in years. It's not the audience's fault that it went nowhere. It's the song's fault.

I'd like to see it re-released on an album, with a fuller sound behind it (and hopefully Buckethead on it somewhere). Releasing it again as a single might be too weird, especially for a song that already had it's time as a single.

I can't remember the marketing push behind it, but I bet it could have benefited from a better, more precise push. One that would made the public more aware of what it was and what it was supposed to be (instead of "GNR are back!").

I'd like to see it re-released on an album, with a fuller sound behind it (and hopefully Buckethead on it somewhere). Releasing it again as a single might be too weird, especially for a song that already had it's time as a single.

I can't remember the marketing push behind it, but I bet it could have benefited from a better, more precise push. One that would made the public more aware of what it was and what it was supposed to be (instead of "GNR are back!").

I don't mind a re-release but not on a new proper album. To me, that's taking up a precious slot for a different song.

A b-side, an iTunes single, part of a box set, that so-called remix album....sure, I wouldn't mind any of those. But it would be like re-releasing Think About You because it was always seen as filler and deserves a "better chance".

This also reminds me of fans wanting a re-release of Better, as if all of a sudden people will hear it and think "my god, that's the best song ever!!! thank the heavens that it was re-released!!"

And back to Oh My God, it was part of a high profile soundtrack with new songs from then current big bands and the inclusion of a new GNR song was a big selling point and a huge deal. People heard it, didn't like it and that was that.