Tommy Stinson: "I'm out of the loop".

Some of the other forums call this 'the cupcake forum.'

1. One album in TWENTY-FOUR YEARS.

2. Static, stale, predictable setlists.

3. Debut album played and promoted equally if not moreso than most recent album.

4. No music videos and effectively fuck-all singles/promotion generally.

5.Treating the most loyal, long-suffering hardcore fans as the enemy.

6. Implying that the people at this crock http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/feb/15/guns-n-roses-surprise-gig are just as worthy of being deemed 'hardcore fans' as us.

7. Letting the actual new band fall apart and having to promote the 'new' album with a cover band of the cover band.

8. Releasing a live CD and Blu Ray of a 2012 show with such embarrassingly weak vocals that most fans would rather watch youtube videos from '06-'10.

9. Hiding behind glasses, hats, jackets and chains for entire shows whilst phoning in performances with little energy and weak vocals.

10. Shitting the bed every time for the majority of world televised/streamed appearances from VMAs '02 to Rio '11 to Revolver '14. Meanwhile virtually no pro-shot let alone official release of the aforementioned peak-performance years of '06-'10.

11. DJ Ashba. Without resorting to insults: hired without an audition; openly mocked on stage repeatedly by Thal, Stinson and Axl for his cringeworthy solos; Ashba swag; preaching about bullies then telling an incredulous, disingenuous story about 'beating the shit out of' some guy so as to appear like a rock n' roll hardman whilst sounding like a teen boy trying to impress some older lads with a tall-tale and without having the gift of the gab; advertising Jagermeister: a drink aimed at teens and students to get smashed on; pretending to drink alcohol on stage but then spitting it out when he thinks nobody is looking. I'm not a hater, those are just facts

12. Hiring people who are privately dismissive of old Guns music i.e. Stinson and Thal whilst failing to keep people who were fans back in the day and contributed the most to the new songs i.e. Bucket, Robin and Brain.

13. No photo of the Chinese Democracy lineup.

14. Only one photo of the touring lineup.

15. No cover story/photo shoots, full band interviews in any of the major music mags like Rolling Stone, Classic Rock, Kerrang etc.

16. The picture of the recent touring lineup, minus Axl, holding 'Paradise City Road' signs.

17. DJ apparently being paid more than Thal.

18. Totally lame official site, forum and fan club.

19. Official tweets sent out by Fernando who has absolutely nothing to do with Guns'/Axl's music old or new.

20. Optimistic, positive members of online Guns fan community parrot insults like 'whiners, complainers, cupcakes' etc by GNR camp members including Jarmo and management when dealing with those of us who acknowledge the shitty reality of the whole sorry saga.

What is the point of this post? Who cares if other forums call this the cupcake forum? What does your list have to do with anything? Are you trying to rationalize why this is the "cupcake forum"?

3. Debut album played and promoted equally if not moreso than most recent album.

6. Implying that the people at this crock http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/feb/15/guns-n-roses-surprise-gig are just as worthy of being deemed 'hardcore fans' as us.

7. Letting the actual new band fall apart and having to promote the 'new' album with a cover band of the cover band.

8. Releasing a live CD and Blu Ray of a 2012 show with such embarrassingly weak vocals that most fans would rather watch youtube videos from '06-'10.

9. Hiding behind glasses, hats, jackets and chains for entire shows whilst phoning in performances with little energy and weak vocals.

10. Shitting the bed every time for the majority of world televised/streamed appearances from VMAs '02 to Rio '11 to Revolver '14. Meanwhile virtually no pro-shot let alone official release of the aforementioned peak-performance years of '06-'10.

11. DJ Ashba. Without resorting to insults: hired without an audition; openly mocked on stage repeatedly by Thal, Stinson and Axl for his cringeworthy solos; Ashba swag; preaching about bullies then telling an incredulous, disingenuous story about 'beating the shit out of' some guy so as to appear like a rock n' roll hardman whilst sounding like a teen boy trying to impress some older lads with a tall-tale and without having the gift of the gab; advertising Jagermeister: a drink aimed at teens and students to get smashed on; pretending to drink alcohol on stage but then spitting it out when he thinks nobody is looking. I'm not a hater, those are just facts

12. Hiring people who are privately dismissive of old Guns music i.e. Stinson and Thal whilst failing to keep people who were fans back in the day and contributed the most to the new songs i.e. Bucket, Robin and Brain.

15. No cover story/photo shoots, full band interviews in any of the major music mags like Rolling Stone, Classic Rock, Kerrang etc.

16. The picture of the recent touring lineup, minus Axl, holding 'Paradise City Road' signs.

19. Official tweets sent out by Fernando who has absolutely nothing to do with Guns'/Axl's music old or new.

20. Optimistic, positive members of online Guns fan community parrot insults like 'whiners, complainers, cupcakes' etc by GNR camp members including Jarmo and management when dealing with those of us who acknowledge the shitty reality of the whole sorry saga.

cupcake forum lol. Yeah, we don't kiss Axl's arsehole 24/7.

Look Tommys being honest. Nothing new here -- nobody bar Axl can confirm anything. Band members are left in the dark and have to answer questions they literally have no answers to!

It is what it is and what it will always be. Simple.

It's a pretty damning list, yes. This place is hardly crawling with 'Axl nutters' though, there's really only what, 3-5 people I can think of that will deny anything bad about the band because their idea of fandom is unquestioning praise and devotion.

The problem is, while there are a whole list of reasons to be disappointed and to want more, constant complaining, negativity, and whining DOES have an impact on the forum. It makes for a bitter and gloomy bunch of people to hang out with. The forum was a lot more lively and involving in the 2011-2013 era because there were more things people could be positive about.

Don't get me wrong: far and away the best solution to this problem is when Axl and the band actually give us reasons to be proud of them. In fact, nothing on here makes me happier than seeing something like the Prostitute performance in Las Vegas that had even the perpetual cynics grinning and cheerful.

But when those moments become few and far between, most of the people who complain about complaining are not engaged in Axl-worship; they are just fed up with the complaining because we've all heard it all before. We all know exactly what the rest of the thread is going to look like when there's another band member interview that goes, "Axl is funny! He has two albums up his sleeve! We're taking a break from touring to put together the next Guns N' Roses album!"

We know how the interviews go (and so we get fed up with them) but we also know exactly how the response threads go - and so we get fed up with them as well.

• Like 4

I'm still waiting for Round 2.. What will it be?

I smell a Reunion, atleast with Duff and Izzy. Slash maybe... but Slash is too busy he is still touring with his legendary band "The Conspirators" with the legendary frontman and vocalist Myles Kennedy.

• Like 1

cupcake forum lol. Yeah, we don't kiss Axl's arsehole 24/7.

Look Tommys being honest. Nothing new here -- nobody bar Axl can confirm anything. Band members are left in the dark and have to answer questions they literally have no answers to!

It is what it is and what it will always be. Simple.

I wasn't particularly having an issue with what Tommy said, just felt like a rant. There's a special place in the afterlife for anyone who calls me a hater and it's a medieval torture device called 'the rack.'

Do you have any links to videos where they mock DJ onstage?

oscars-gifs-meryl-streep-jlo.gif

• Like 3

Is this supposed to be an argument for why this is a cupcake forum? All of what you wrote is more an argument for leaving the forum, not for still hanging around and trolling...

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

Do you have any links to videos where they mock DJ onstage?

Some dudes have had them in their sigs around here. I googled 'stinson mocks ashba' and the seventh link that came up looked promising :) but I prefer the one where Ron and Axl look at eachother, then DJ, then eachother then Axl does a little dance to DJ's solo.

Do you realise that the entire Stars Wars prequels and the first installment of the sequels will have been completed, Brian Wilson finished Smile and Floyd Mayweather will have fought Manny, all during the period Axl released only one album! There are bands who have had there entire career within the intervals Axl has not released anything.

• Like 1

out of the loop

Uninformed. Ignorant of the situation. Not receiving appropriate information. Think of "the loop" as being a communications channel, and therefore being out of the loop means no one is communicating with you to get you the information you need.
Manager: Why did you miss today's staff meeting?
Employee: I didn't know there was one scheduled. I was completely out of the loop.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=out+of+the+loop

out of the loop

Not part of a group that is kept up-to-date with information about something.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/out+of+the+loop

Edited by SeBaZ

Well like I said, it seems like Axl is the only one who knows what is going on and he's not talking.

It's been this way for a long time, so why should we expect anything different. I agree it sucks and I don't know why Axl would stay silent so long. I don't think it's good for him or the band, whoever that may be?

Is this supposed to be an argument for why this is a cupcake forum? All of what you wrote is more an argument for leaving the forum, not for still hanging around and trolling...

If we followed that kind of logic, this forum would have 3 active members and gnr's online community would be completely decimated. Is that what you want for the band?

If we followed that kind of logic, this forum would have 3 active members and gnr's online community would be completely decimated. Is that what you want for the band?

How is that any worse than a small group of people bitching about the same things every day? Neither one could be considered an asset to the band in any way shape or form. Of course, in its current position, I'm not sure either one could really effect the band in any way negative or positive anyway, so it doesn't really matter. But still, let's pretend that we had a fully functioning band. How would a small group of bitchers be any better than a slightly smaller group of supporters?

So you are basically confirming these are the reasons why mygnr is a cupcake forum?

LOL

Seriously, those are NOT the reasons why some people call it like that. The following is a small sample of why forum is infamous in that sense:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210442-worst-axl-voice-crack-of-all-time/

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/173689-the-estranged-video-so-ridiculous-its-great/

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210764-two-new-fan-made-videos/

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210775-do-you-think-axl-could-relate-to-birdman/

It's not about denying the truth or neglecting the uncertain state of GNR. It's about how certain people seem to enjoy when members of the band go through tough times or make mistakes or don't say or act in the ways fans expect them to act.

We are all frustrated about the inactivity, lack of news and "product" (paraphrasing Fortus) but some people display it in such sadistic ways, going as far as using time to make videos or starting threads that have no other purpose than being cruel.