Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

It won't be a real reunion without biker shorts or a kilt ...

Nobody needs to see a 53 year old man wearing that.

I almost forgot ... a reunion needs Tracey and Roberta ... I don't care if they are 50 too. :headbang:

or go for the Skin and Bones approach

It won't be a real reunion without biker shorts or a kilt ...

Nobody needs to see a 53 year old man wearing that.

I almost forgot ... a reunion needs Tracey and Roberta ... I don't care if they are 50 too. :headbang:

or go for the Skin and Bones approach

No. Who would gonna help us singing? -.-

Edited by GUNNER PT

What Magmisme said and ...I also think that for Guns to even contemplate a reunion there would be a whole lot of friction even after the hypothetical mending of bridges - how much each guy gets paid, are they equal members, who plays what, Izzy, Gilby, Matt, Steven... is Tedy Zig Zag available?

I know I say this a lot, but TB should be nowhere this if it ever happens, the band should have one manager that deals with them all, having individual managers is just a clusterf%ck in my opinion. I don't think TB could be impartial, and I don't think they have the know how to deal with a band with that kind of heat behind them... we can all agree that Guns reunited would be the biggest reunion of all, bigger than Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or just about anyone. There's plenty of managers out there that could run a good ship, I'd even consider Sammy Hagar for the job (he threw his name in to the mix a few years back).

But It would be great to just have them talking again, a reunion under the right circumstances would be amazing too. I can't see it happening in the near future but It's a whole lot more likely now than it was ten years ago. Maybe in 4 or 5 years who knows?

• Like 2

Yes, at this point, these two guys should just shake hands, take a picture and upload it to Facebook and all fans (nuGuns, old Guns and cover band fans) will be happy. Personally, I would be incredibly happy because these two guys talking would mean that I will probably get to see unreleased UYI footage.

• Like 1

I think Slash is just being mature. It's not too different then what he's said over the past few years. Everyone involved would be down for a reunion in the right circumstances, bar Axl.

I also have to think "the right circumstances" for Slash and Duff would mean TB is cut out of the equation.

"There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated."

It almost seems that Axl and Slash might've been in some kind of contact with each other.

Not at all. And I don't think Slash is just being nice. I've always said this is exactly how Slash feels. He has no ill feelings about Axl or the band. I'm sure he's angry at times how things turned out, but he was the adult and got over it. He's done countless other projects since then and truly moved on from the band. Like any old band, he sits there and says "yeah it would be great to do that again sometime" but that ball is not in his court. Its in Axl's. So there's not much else he can say to further a reunion. And what you quoted right there is exactly how I always thought he felt. He's not the problem, and he's not lying, and he's not just being nice. He's just being a mature adult. He says the same things the other do about GNR but just cause he's Slash people read it differently.

He just needs to say one more thing: "I'm sorry" ...

I'm not saying that Axl shouldn't ask him for sorry too, but ... by asking for sorry, Slash would show that he is not only an adult ... he is an adult that can admit his own mistakes ... If he ever do this, he will be 3 steps above Axl on this feud.

Well then don't you think that Axl should say sorry too?

• Like 1

Yes, at this point, these two guys should just shake hands, take a picture and upload it to Facebook and all fans (nuGuns, old Guns and cover band fans) will be happy. Personally, I would be incredibly happy because these two guys talking would mean that I will probably get to see unreleased UYI footage.

volcano's heart would be broken. The guy hates Slash to the point he would hate Axl as well if he made amends with Slash.

"There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated."

It almost seems that Axl and Slash might've been in some kind of contact with each other.

Not at all. And I don't think Slash is just being nice. I've always said this is exactly how Slash feels. He has no ill feelings about Axl or the band. I'm sure he's angry at times how things turned out, but he was the adult and got over it. He's done countless other projects since then and truly moved on from the band. Like any old band, he sits there and says "yeah it would be great to do that again sometime" but that ball is not in his court. Its in Axl's. So there's not much else he can say to further a reunion. And what you quoted right there is exactly how I always thought he felt. He's not the problem, and he's not lying, and he's not just being nice. He's just being a mature adult. He says the same things the other do about GNR but just cause he's Slash people read it differently.

I'm not saying that Axl shouldn't ask him for sorry too, but ... by asking for sorry, Slash would show that he is not only an adult ... he is an adult that can admit his own mistakes ... If he ever do this, he will be 3 steps above Axl on this feud.

Of course Axl should apologize too. The guy said some nasty things about Slash over the years. It's good to see Slash is fine with it. No hard feelings for him.

• Like 2

volcano's heart would be broken. The guy hates Slash to the point he would hate Axl as well if he made amends with Slash.

Of course Axl should apologize too. The guy said some nasty things about Slash over the years. It's good to see Slash is fine with it. No hard feelings for him.

Yeah over the years Slash has acted like an Adult and has been cool and have ignored what Axl said about him, unlike Axl who keeps on crying and blames everyone

Now the main questions is that If Gunner PT and Wkuk think that Axl should say sorry or they think its all Slash's fault and the almighty Axl is right in everything, I do have some sort of faith in Gunner PT, cant say anything about Wkuk.

What if Slash goes to Axl and says Im Sorry for You, Not sorry for me.

• Like 1

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-05-07/slash-gnr-reunion-might-be-fun

Guitarist says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

Slash appears to be finally warming to the idea of a reunion with Axl Rose after he said "never say never" in a live television interview.
The guitarist has long distanced himself from any talk of returning to Guns N' Roses – the band he joined in 1985 and left in 1996 after helping them become one of the biggest groups in the world.

Slash recently said he was sick of being asked about the possibility of a reunion of the classic lineup, but today told CBS News that much of animosity between himself and the singer has dissipated.
He says: "I got to be careful what I say there, I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that. Never say never."
He adds: "There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated."

Rose still fronts GNR and is the only remaining member from the classic-era lineup. Bass player Duff McKagan rejoined GNR for a number of dates last year and later said he wouldn't rule out a return to the band on a full-time basis.

Nah I think he would be the first in line for tickets if they ever reunited. JMO but I think you would be surprised how the Slash haters would embrace him again if Axl said they were back to being buds again.

Just look how some people have turned on Bumblefoot now that he is allegedly out of the band. :shrugs:

• Like 1

With Axl's complete lack of involvement with the current bad............Duff and Izzy working together..............Slash saying semi-nice thing about Axl or his relationship with him...............makes you wonder.

But then we have to remember that GnR is ran by Axl and The Lebias family.

How cool would a reunion album and tour in 2016 be, along with Axl releasing CD2 on ITunes for his fans to enjoy. I know it won't ever happen. But the thought of getting two GnR albums in one year - man, that would be the best even in rock music over the past 20 years!!

• Like 1

With Axl's complete lack of involvement with the current bad............Duff and Izzy working together..............Slash saying semi-nice thing about Axl or his relationship with him...............makes you wonder.

But then we have to remember that GnR is ran by Axl and The Lebias family.

How cool would a reunion album and tour in 2016 be, along with Axl releasing CD2 on ITunes for his fans to enjoy. I know it won't ever happen. But the thought of getting two GnR albums in one year - man, that would be the best even in rock music over the past 20 years!!

This is another passive/aggressive atempt by Slash to make Axl´s blood boil :lol:

It will only happen if Axl makes a move and I don't think so he will make a move anytime soon, now Gunner PT and Wkuk will say that Slash should say sorry etc etc, but it was even Axl's fault

To be honest I can only see Duff who can sort things between them, But I know Duff doesn't wants to get in between of this either

Slash is saying good things about Axl, so Axl should just pick up the phone and call Slash cause if Slash goes to Axl's house then his Nanny will say that Slash said Myles sings like a dying cat, the drummer is Snape and Scott is still in VR and Axl has won the war

• Like 1