Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

A more cynical person would think that Izzy and Duff guest appearances were to ready them for a reunion.

Of course once Axl and Slash clear the air there's no barrier to a reunion really. So they either haven't or are keeping it quiet.

To me what they said wasn't enough to really get my reunion sensors up. They've said similar things for a while.

The Hall thing actually put the cause back a few years.

Actually, Duff said yesterday on the Jericho podcast something like "if i tell you me and Axl didnt talk about the reunion (when he joined him for the SA tour last year), i would be lying".

What more needs to be said than this right here? The door that was once slamed Shut has been opened. How much is it open? A crack? Half way? All the way? Only a select few know the answer to this, but it's clearly been discussed, which means it is something Axl is thinking about. Honestly think about that sentence, Axl is thinking about it.

So I think Axl and Slash have actually talked or met up yet? No I don't think so. But I do think they are "communicating" through duff and possibly izzy. So it not a real thing yet until those two actually speak, but I do think that meeting will finally take place in the near future. I think once slash is done doing what he is doing, then a real meeting of the gnr powers will take place, Axl, slash, duff, and maybe even izzy will get together. Maybe I'm just overly hopefull, but I do think signs are finally pointing to a reunion in the next year or two.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

I have always said I wouldn't care for a reunion. Actually, against it. I believed that Axl had a great vision with the nu gnr. As we know he has wasted years of potential. We all know the 02/06/10 lineup could of been magic on multiple records. I for one think CD is a brilliant album! I still think a reunion won't happen. But, if it did I would take that over what we have now, NOTHING! My concern would be if Slash would be up and want to play the CD songs. If hell froze over again and a reunion could possibly happen, no Adler. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the guy. He probably would OD by the 1st week of the tour. Bring back Brain or keep Frank. And let's be real, the world would still consider it a reunion without Adler. All they want is Axl and Slash.

Why hate so much against Steven? he is a really cool guy, Maybe if u meet him then u will change ur thinking, He is getting sober and he has recorded a full album with his band which is pretty awesome, he has done live shows over the years and he plays the drums better than ever and I would rather see Matt Sorrum than Ferrer

If hell froze over again and a reunion could possibly happen, no Adler. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the guy. He probably would OD by the 1st week of the tour. Bring back Brain or keep Frank. And let's be real, the world would still consider it a reunion without Adler. All they want is Axl and Slash.

That actually made me laugh. "Ladies and gentlemen, the reunion you've all been waiting for ... Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and on the drums, Mr. Frank Ferrer!!"

It would obviously have to be Adler and/or Matt. They might just go with the Appetite group, but since Axl would probably want to include Dizzy, I wonder if they would consider bringing both drummers out.

• Like 1

If hell froze over again and a reunion could possibly happen, no Adler. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the guy. He probably would OD by the 1st week of the tour. Bring back Brain or keep Frank. And let's be real, the world would still consider it a reunion without Adler. All they want is Axl and Slash.

That actually made me laugh. "Ladies and gentlemen, the reunion you've all been waiting for ... Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and on the drums, Mr. Frank Ferrer!!"

It would obviously have to be Adler and/or Matt. They might just go with the Appetite group, but since Axl would probably want to include Dizzy, I wonder if they would consider bringing both drummers out.

The general public wouldn't care for Adler. A reunion would still be a huge success without him. I can image Adler playing drums and injuring himself the 1st week because he forgot to take the needle out of his arm.

The general public wouldn't care for Adler. A reunion would still be a huge success without him. I can image Adler playing drums and injuring himself the 1st week because he forgot to take the needle out of his arm.

and in the last 15 pages people have said the same about Izzy... (i,e the general public not caring)/...

Look at the end of the day, its either a reunion or not, forget what the public is thinking, IF.. and thats a big IF... their is a reunion.. these guys have got to want to do it for themselves for their reasons.. nobody elses.

I am prepared to bet that the next time Axl is seen publicly.. that its obvious hes lost weight and been working out.

Just a funny feeling.. but i think we are going to see a very fit and Healthy revitalised W.Axl.Rose the next time he performs... no matter who it is with.

I have no evidence of this of course lol.... its just a hunch that this reunion thing is in the works and Axl will be back to prove all the doubters wrong one last time.

I am prepared to bet that the next time Axl is seen publicly.. that its obvious hes lost weight and been working out.

Just a funny feeling.. but i think we are going to see a very fit and Healthy revitalised W.Axl.Rose the next time he performs... no matter who it is with.

I have no evidence of this of course lol.... its just a hunch that this reunion thing is in the works and Axl will be back to prove all the doubters wrong one last time.

oliver.jpg

I wish you're right anyway :P

I said this last year when Axl was tweeting and writing about RHCP. I was like hes gonna come out and kill it, be in good shape, sound great. Then the South America tour happened....

But i do think that a reunion would make Axl himself again....despite what he says, thats the band he loved.

• Like 1

Steven should be given the chance. If he fucks up maybe Matt could step in.

Just bring Matt along as a backup plan. Dude, you're the backup quarterback. You're not gonna start, but just hold this clipboard and stand on the side of the stage. Keep your helmet on and memorize the playbook, you never know what might happen.

As long as Steven is able to maintain his sobriety, he can still play the drums well, it's just a matter of being able to keep himself together on the down time.

We know Axl has had issues with his legs but we don't know what problems he might be having with his joints that he needed a cane to get around. I'm sure his cartilege was trashed.

Could have all the line ups on tour and play smaller sets from each album.

AFD set

Jungle

Easy

Brownstone

SCOM

Lies set

Patience

Used to Love Her

Move to the City

UYI 1 set - Matt n Dizzy come on

Dust n Bones

Live n let die

Nov rain

Don't Cry

UYI 2

Civil War

14 Years

Heavens Door

You Could Be Mine

Spag inc - Gilby comes out

Down on the Farm

Ain't it Fun

CD set - Bucket, Finck, Fortus, Frank, Pitman, Tommy comes out.

Chi Dem

Better

SOD

Ron and Dj come out

TIL

Catcher

Classic line up come back out

Rocket Queen

Nightrain

Estranged

Everyone comes out to jam

Whole Lotta Rosie