Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

Izzy said he would do it as he wrote a good amount of those songs.

Axl kind of just has to let it go. Maybe the Pac/May fight will make him consider what the fans want. No rematch but I can make a reunion happen.

• Like 1

Axl will never work with Slash again and rightfully so. To sum up: not in this lifetime.

So much bitterness and zealotry. :lol:

From whom? Dude, I agree with a lot of what you say and I believe in constructive critisism, however, your shtick of disrespecting Axl at any cost has become so repetitive and boring. Talk about being bitter.

Edited by Sisyphus

Axl will never work with Slash again and rightfully so. To sum up: not in this lifetime.

:lol: bad, bad Slash

It's particularly hilarious when they use Axl's petty quotes as their own. "Not in this lifetime" :lol:

• Like 1

From whom? Dude, I agree with a lot of what you say and I believe in constructive critisism, however, your shtick of disrespecting Axl at any cost has become so repetitive and boring. Talk about being bitter.

More boring than bitter.

It's particularly hilarious when they use Axl's petty quotes as their own. "Not in this lifetime" :lol:

Do I dare mention "misguided sense of self entitlement"?

You may, but I won't let you do it at my or others' expense.

• Like 2

In a nutshell Axl considers us all a cancer. But he's not calling us a cancer.

In some weird way Izzy is probably further from a reunion tour than any of them.

You know I used to agree. But now with the drugs and the fame stuff behind him, I think he's down. Whenever he talked about playing with Axl at those few shows he seemed to enjoy it for real.

I laugh at Axl for thinking he's smart by using some simple words. He has repeated "expense" like 300 times in all his bitter crybaby rants.

Just to add some fuel to the fire (or is it fire to the fuel?), here's what Sir Master Edwin Von Trunk says:

Eddie Trunk retweeted Matt Schneider

Yes. And I say that only from my gut. I think too big not too happen & not that many obstacles really. We'll see..

Matt Schneider @LilMatt_4
@EddieTrunk Do you think GnR will actually reunite?
Edited by gunsfanoldie

Just to add some fuel to the fire (or is it fire to the fuel?), here's what Sir Master Edwin Von Trunk says:

Eddie Trunk retweeted Matt Schneider

Yes. And I say that only from my gut. I think too big not too happen & not that many obstacles really. We'll see..

Matt Schneider @LilMatt_4
@EddieTrunk Do you think GnR will actually reunite?

So, if it doesn't happen, I never said it would. If it does happen, I called it first!

• Like 2

Trunk thinks there will be a reunion....quick, we must now say lots of bad things about him!!!!

Why rightfully so?

I don't think Axl appreciate Slash's renewed interest in reunion, though

So people don't think Slash should badmouth Axl cause thats gonna make Axl upset, and you also don't think Axl appreciates when Slash actually says he wouldn't be 100% opposed to a reunion because then its subtly shifting the blame towards Axl that it isn't happening? So all Slash should do is publicly praise Axl and say nothing else? While Axl never even mentions Slash once, except to talk about when he pisses himself and Axl steals his women? Interesting.

I guess the bigger question is: should Slash kill himself if this is the case? If I had to live under these constraints I'd see no reason to continue on. In fact, I'm actually shocked he's made it this long. I know we all think the death penalty is a little extreme, but should there be a Slash clause? The amount he's done to Axl simply through words and brainwashing manipulations is only comparable to Hitler, and therefore grounds for a public stoning and/or death.

Slash was on that show to promote the Elephants charity and everyone forgot about that and only talk about a reunion which everyone already knows how Slash felt about that, He has said many times that he would like to do something like that for the fans and if everyone was into it.

• Like 1

I don't think Axl appreciate Slash's renewed interest in reunion, though

So people don't think Slash should badmouth Axl cause thats gonna make Axl upset, and you also don't think Axl appreciates when Slash actually says he wouldn't be 100% opposed to a reunion because then its subtly shifting the blame towards Axl that it isn't happening? So all Slash should do is publicly praise Axl and say nothing else? While Axl never even mentions Slash once, except to talk about when he pisses himself and Axl steals his women? Interesting.

I guess the bigger question is: should Slash kill himself if this is the case? If I had to live under these constraints I'd see no reason to continue on. In fact, I'm actually shocked he's made it this long. I know we all think the death penalty is a little extreme, but should there be a Slash clause? The amount he's done to Axl simply through words and brainwashing manipulations is only comparable to Hitler, and therefore grounds for a public stoning and/or death.

Dunno and don't really care anymore

Axl can't sing since 2010, so a reunion would be pointless, imho

I have my own life and my life doesn't turn around about GNR and i'm just saying my opinion

Don't get your hopes up, this is nothing really newsworthy

Slash just interested in a reunion again...

that's all

We all know that Axl say the last word, not him

Edited by Strange Broue

I think if an Axl/Slash reunion ever does occur that they should pick up right where they left off- Axl, Slash, Huge, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy is a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing revisited. Throw in Zakk Wylde and you've got yourself a monster band.

In a nutshell Axl considers us all a cancer. But he's not calling us a cancer.

Would you like to ask someone to reopen the thread? So we could talk about this in the right place? Are you going to start doing this everywhere? Do you think some people complained so much about that in one single thread and now they'll like to have to deal with it in everywhere else?

Next time, I'll have to reply to this, and it won't be pretty.

He has said many times that he would like to do something like that for the fans and if everyone was into it.

I would prefer if they do that for themselves.

Edited by GUNNER PT

I would love to see this more than anything in Rock n' Roll.. It would be an absolute dream come true.. The music would be tight as hell for sure. I know Axl has been struggling but hopefully he would take this seriously and give it 110%. Go out on a fucking mission.. Maybe go see a vocal coach as someone mentioned and get into shape. I am guessing that could really help. Duff could always help him with that as well.. He doesn't have to be 1988 Axl but as long as the effort is there who cares.. I think Axl could get away with using his lower voice more in songs where he usually doesn't and it would still sound great.

There are other ways to help Axl out too. They could incorporate the extended Rocket Queen into the set.. Have Izzy sing a couple of songs like Dust N' Bones and Double Talkin Jive.. They could do an extended intro and outro for DTJ. An extended KOHD jam...

I would really hope Izzy would be part of this... Steven as well although I have a feeling they would snub him. I would say, at least give the guy a chance to prove himself.

As for playing CD or Slash songs.. My first reaction was no but it could actually work. It might actually be a really healthy thing to do for Axl and Slash's relationship.. Nothing crazy just a song by each.. I'd say Slither or Anastasia and CD, Madagascar or The Blues off CD... I think Anastasia would sound good in Axl's lower voice..

As for recording new music.. I would say just shoot for a 4 or 5 song EP.. Maybe re-record one of the above mentioned songs from Slash and CD.. Maybe pull out an old song that was never released.. Maybe present Axl with the album that Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote before VR and have him pick his favorite 2 songs to work with..

It could look something like

Shadow Of Your Love

New song

New song

Slither

Chinese Democracy

Well, this is all very exciting to me.. I gotta tell you...

I would love to see them play the entire Appetite album as well.. Something like this! \m/

New Song

Nice Boys/Reckless Life

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Knockin on Heavens Door

Double Talkin Jive (Extended intro/outro)

November Rain

Chinese Democracy

Slither

Patience

My Michelle

Think About You

Sweet Child O Mine

You're Crazy

Anything Goes

Rocket Queen (Extended Solo)

Dust N' Bones

Jungle

It's So Easy

NIghtrain

Out Ta Get me

Brownstone

Paradise City

• Like 1

This is what I meant about the reunion being the only thing that communicates globally. I can't see them announcing a reunion and then only Slash and Duff joining with Gilby and Matt filling in.

It's kind of strange that at first the reunion hope didn't help Axl but now it's hurting Slash solo. All the media talk about is a reunion.

Slash should just blow right by it like "Yeah, but this new single is about elephants."

• Like 1