Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

"There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated."

It almost seems that Axl and Slash might've been in some kind of contact with each other.

Not at all. And I don't think Slash is just being nice. I've always said this is exactly how Slash feels. He has no ill feelings about Axl or the band. I'm sure he's angry at times how things turned out, but he was the adult and got over it. He's done countless other projects since then and truly moved on from the band. Like any old band, he sits there and says "yeah it would be great to do that again sometime" but that ball is not in his court. Its in Axl's. So there's not much else he can say to further a reunion. And what you quoted right there is exactly how I always thought he felt. He's not the problem, and he's not lying, and he's not just being nice. He's just being a mature adult. He says the same things the other do about GNR but just cause he's Slash people read it differently.

He just needs to say one more thing: "I'm sorry" ...

I'm not saying that Axl shouldn't ask him for sorry too, but ... by asking for sorry, Slash would show that he is not only an adult ... he is an adult that can admit his own mistakes ... If he ever do this, he will be 3 steps above Axl on this feud.

Except their is no feud.

The only "feud" is in Axl holding grudges and being angry at people. And fans on band forums that play into the "feud" by constantly bashing people that Axl doesn't like.

• Like 2

slash-and-axl-last-hug-o.gif

"Basically, it worked like this: I was close to Izzy and Izzy was close to Axl, therefore I could deal with Axl through Izzy.”

Yeah... sure bud :jerkoff:

Which wouldn't stop them to, in the middle of a very emotional moment, put their differences aside and hug in sign of respect and affect. :)

Deep down they all know how great they were together. In Duffs recent interview he said, after listening to the music again, that they were a "great band". I think that fact has a stronger pull than any hate or animosity, it even has a bigger pull than the money they would make. I don't care what anyone says about Axl, the moment you get those guys on a stage together and they hit the opening notes to jungle, it will be magic all over again. Maybe not 1988 magic, but far better than anyone of them have done since, and better than 99% of the artists and musicians today. They were a special band for a reason, and I do think they can still be special, just not "as" special as when they were young. Age changes is all, lol.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

All I can think about right now is the utter disappointment I will feel of tickets being sold out as soon as they go on sale for the reunion tour. :(

more like, the dissappointment of getting 2015/16 Axl rather than 96-2006 Axl

Well then don't you think that Axl should say sorry too?

Now the main questions is that If Gunner PT and Wkuk think that Axl should say sorry or they think its all Slash's fault and the almighty Axl is right in everything, I do have some sort of faith in Gunner PT, cant say anything about Wkuk.

It will only happen if Axl makes a move and I don't think so he will make a move anytime soon, now Gunner PT and Wkuk will say that Slash should say sorry etc etc, but it was even Axl's fault

Man, you really should stop with this bad obsession about me :lol:

About your first question, my answer is in my last post ... you should read it better ...

Except their is no feud.

The only "feud" is in Axl holding grudges and being angry at people. And fans on band forums that play into the "feud" by constantly bashing people that Axl doesn't like.

LOL ... let's be reasonable ... the people who get most of the bashing around here is Axl himself, the Lebeis, DJ Ashba followed by Pitman, Dizzy and Frank ... only people that Axl doesn't like, right? :lol:

Your impartiality it's something priceless ...

With Axl's complete lack of involvement with the current bad............Duff and Izzy working together..............Slash saying semi-nice thing about Axl or his relationship with him...............makes you wonder.

Problem is ... probably all this" wondering" will end up in another big disappointment ... to me included.

Now the main questions is that If Gunner PT and Wkuk think that Axl should say sorry or they think its all Slash's fault and the almighty Axl is right in everything, I do have some sort of faith in Gunner PT, cant say anything about Wkuk.

It will only happen if Axl makes a move and I don't think so he will make a move anytime soon, now Gunner PT and Wkuk will say that Slash should say sorry etc etc, but it was even Axl's fault

About your first question, my answer is in my last post ... you should read it better ...

Except their is no feud.

LOL ... let's be reasonable ... the people who get most of the bashing around here is Axl himself, the Lebeis, DJ Ashba followed by Pitman, Dizzy and Frank ... only people that Axl doesn't like, right? :lol:

With Axl's complete lack of involvement with the current bad............Duff and Izzy working together..............Slash saying semi-nice thing about Axl or his relationship with him...............makes you wonder.

Problem is ... probably all this" wondering" will end up in another big disappointment ... to me included.

You make this too easy.

My impartiality is impeccable. That's one thing that separates me from guys like you and WK. My opinions aren't based on how the situation effects Axl Rose or Slash Hudson. My answers aren't automatically biased because I feel like I must defend Axl or Slash (or bash) them no matter what the situation is.

Obviously the people you mentioned receive most of the flack on here. Duh. Those guys receive the most flack because....sit down, my friend.....because this is a GUNS N ROSES forum and those guys are currently in the band!!!!

Team Brazil receives more flack because they are currently managing the band. Hence, they will receive more flack - and praise - than somebody who managed the band 15 years ago.

DJ receives more flack - and praise - than Gilby Clarke because DJ is currently in the band.

This isn't rocket science, bro.

• Like 1

Except their is no feud.

You make this too easy.

My impartiality is impeccable. That's one thing that separates me from guys like you and WK. My opinions aren't based on how the situation effects Axl Rose or Slash Hudson. My answers aren't automatically biased because I feel like I must defend Axl or Slash (or bash) them no matter what the situation is.

Obviously the people you mentioned receive most of the flack on here. Duh. Those guys receive the most flack because....sit down, my friend.....because this is a GUNS N ROSES forum and those guys are currently in the band!!!!

Team Brazil receives more flack because they are currently managing the band. Hence, they will receive more flack - and praise - than somebody who managed the band 15 years ago.

DJ receives more flack - and praise - than Gilby Clarke because DJ is currently in the band.

I don't need you to tell me why those people receive more flack. That's quite obvious ...

But is still funny to see you complaining about some people "constantly bashing people that Axl doesn't like" when you know exactly who gets more bashing from who.

More ... just to think about the idea that you really think that people, like Slash, are "bashed" by some users just because Axl doesn't like him, it's something that makes fall from the chair :rofl-lol:

You know that argument it's ridiculous and you should just stop use it if you really want to make a difference around here ... otherwise people will keep looking at you like a blind Slash defender ...

I finally figured out why U2 hasn't announced any opening acts for their tour. They're going to surprise everyone with a GnR reunion as their opening act. I have tickets to four shows suckas!!!!

I think it will happen, it's probably just a matter of Slash being off the road for a period of time, which seems to be the biggest road block at the moment. But I would say clearly Axl and Duff have talked, and obviously Izzy as well. And I bet Duff has talked with Slash about, so it's more or less just getting Axl and Slash together at this point. Which I do think will happen at some point in the future, especially now that nugnr are pretty much done.

Not to get all "reunion crazy" but I was thinking the other day that if it does happen, I think they should do 2 more albums. The first should be a rehash of songs they have done seperatly, but do them as guns songs now. Aerosmith did that with Let The Music Do The Talking, that was originally a Joe Perry solo song. But you can redo TWAT, This I Love, Fall to pieces, Slither, and a few others, but do them in gnr style. Even though it would be already released material, I think it would be an amazing album and a great way to get them working together again, because it would almost be like cover songs for everybody at that point. They could also finish up some of the illusion leftovers like bring it back home, I love that song. Then go out and tour behind it. Then if everyone doesn't hate each other, then go back in the studio and have everyone bring a few songs they have been holding on to, like Axls 's leftovers, and complete them as a band. Release that album and then call it a day, if be happy with that.

I like that idea. I've always said CD would be a million times better with a real band playing the songs. Just a 5 peice band without all the flashy extras and shit. Strip the songs doen to the basics and rock them. Also there are a lot of Slash songs I'd love to have Axls vocals on. I'd love to hear Axl sing on Beneath the Savage Sun and Slither among others. Maybe a best of CD and Slash for an album. What would they call it? Chinese Contraband? haha

My opinions aren't based on how the situation effects Axl Rose or Slash Hudson.

Not to nitpick but Slash doesn't have a last name. Saul does but Slash does not :P

I finally figured out why U2 hasn't announced any opening acts for their tour. They're going to surprise everyone with a GnR reunion as their opening act. I have tickets to four shows suckas!!!!

I think it will happen, it's probably just a matter of Slash being off the road for a period of time, which seems to be the biggest road block at the moment. But I would say clearly Axl and Duff have talked, and obviously Izzy as well. And I bet Duff has talked with Slash about, so it's more or less just getting Axl and Slash together at this point. Which I do think will happen at some point in the future, especially now that nugnr are pretty much done.

Not to get all "reunion crazy" but I was thinking the other day that if it does happen, I think they should do 2 more albums. The first should be a rehash of songs they have done seperatly, but do them as guns songs now. Aerosmith did that with Let The Music Do The Talking, that was originally a Joe Perry solo song. But you can redo TWAT, This I Love, Fall to pieces, Slither, and a few others, but do them in gnr style. Even though it would be already released material, I think it would be an amazing album and a great way to get them working together again, because it would almost be like cover songs for everybody at that point. They could also finish up some of the illusion leftovers like bring it back home, I love that song. Then go out and tour behind it. Then if everyone doesn't hate each other, then go back in the studio and have everyone bring a few songs they have been holding on to, like Axls 's leftovers, and complete them as a band. Release that album and then call it a day, if be happy with that.

I like that idea. I've always said CD would be a million times better with a real band playing the songs. Just a 5 peice band without all the flashy extras and shit. Strip the songs doen to the basics and rock them. Also there are a lot of Slash songs I'd love to have Axls vocals on. I'd love to hear Axl sing on Beneath the Savage Sun and Slither among others. Maybe a best of CD and Slash for an album. What would they call it? Chinese Contraband? haha
I think it's a great idea, even though they are previously released songs, having the real band do them would make it more open to them being played live. That way both Axl and Slashs "solo" stuff would also be represented live. Plus I've always felt that Slash and the rest of the guys playing on some of the CD stuff would have made it 10x better, plus IMO all of Slash's material begs for Axls vocals. Like I said before, it would be a very easy album to record, so no years in the studio kind of stuff. They would just have to decide what 12 songs to do, then start working on them. I know for me, I would love to hear real gnr play TWAT, Catcher, sorry, and this I love. So that could be Axls 4 songs right there. Also I would like to see Bring it back home get a proper release, that and ain't going down could be the "new" songs on the album. Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I think it's a great idea, even though they are previously released songs, having the real band do them would make it more open to them being played live. That way both Axl and Slashs "solo" stuff would also be represented live. Plus I've always felt that Slash and the rest of the guys playing on some of the CD stuff would have made it 10x better, plus IMO all of Slash's material begs for Axls vocals. Like I said before, it would be a very easy album to record, so no years in the studio kind of stuff. They would just have to decide what 12 songs to do, then start working on them. I know for me, I would love to hear real gnr play TWAT, Catcher, sorry, and this I love. So that could be Axls 4 songs right there. Also I would like to see Bring it back home get a proper release, that and ain't going down could be the "new" songs on the album.

Now that's the real tricky part. Which songs because in all honesty you just picked a bunch of songs I could care less about. I have no interest in Ilusion vault songs either haha. I'd choose:

CD

Better

Prostitute

Shacklers

Madagascar

Slither

Do it for the Kids

Wicked Stone

Anastasia

Beneath the Savage Sun

Beautiful Dangerous

That'd be good enough for me.

Well I didn't pick songs that I couldn't see real gnr doing. Like Shacklers, even though I really like that song, I couldn't see real gnr doing that one, not really better either. The CD songs that classic gnr could do are CD, Catcher, Street of dreams, maddy, this I love, and sorry. I just don't think the others would translate properly.

And of the those songs I just mentioned, I don't know how better classic the would make maddy and CD. I think they would be pretty similiar to how they are now. But I would like to hear what Slash would do with TWAT, sorry, this I love, and catcher. I think real the could really add some balls to them, but that's just me.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I sincerely doubt Axl would sing material written by Scott, Myles or whoever, just like I have a hard time imagining that Slash would play Chinese Democracy material.

You don't hear Ozzy singing any of the Dio era Sabbath songs or DLR doing Sammy numbers for example.

Edited by DR DOOM

I sincerely doubt Axl would sing material written by Scott, Myles or whoever, just like I have a hard time imagining that Slash would play Chinese Democracy material.

You don't hear Ozzy singing any of the Dio era Sabbath songs or DLR doing Sammy numbers for example.

That's not about Axl just covering these songs. It's him writing completely new lyrics and melodies for them. And maybe Izzy to work on some new chords.

Except their is no feud.

You make this too easy.

I don't need you to tell me why those people receive more flack. That's quite obvious ...

But is still funny to see you complaining about some people "constantly bashing people that Axl doesn't like" when you know exactly who gets more bashing from who.

More ... just to think about the idea that you really think that people, like Slash, are "bashed" by some users just because Axl doesn't like him, it's something that makes fall from the chair :rofl-lol:

You know that argument it's ridiculous and you should just stop use it if you really want to make a difference around here ... otherwise people will keep looking at you like a blind Slash defender ...

Lol. There are two people that call me a slash defender. You and WK. The other posters know I'm fair and balanced. Those people that aren't juvenile enough to keep pushing a slash-v-Axl feud know that I'm not a "defender" of either musician.

Axl is my favorite musician of all time. I own one Slash album. I don't really even like the guy. You calling me a Slash defender is so far from the truth that it's laughable.

You know what I would love? For you to show me where I'm wrong in a post. Just one time. I show specific examples of where you and WK are wrong so often that it's almost like a part time job. But you guys never actually are able to do the same thing. The Slash bad mouthing Axl topic - perfect example. CD selling 7 million copies.

I appreciate that you two usually don't resort to name calling and keep things pretty light hearted. But for real, if you could just bust out some actual FACTS every once in awhile it would really make these conversations more enjoyable. Is it possible? Pretty please, just one time?

• Like 1

"There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated."

It almost seems that Axl and Slash might've been in some kind of contact with each other.

Not at all. And I don't think Slash is just being nice. I've always said this is exactly how Slash feels. He has no ill feelings about Axl or the band. I'm sure he's angry at times how things turned out, but he was the adult and got over it. He's done countless other projects since then and truly moved on from the band. Like any old band, he sits there and says "yeah it would be great to do that again sometime" but that ball is not in his court. Its in Axl's. So there's not much else he can say to further a reunion. And what you quoted right there is exactly how I always thought he felt. He's not the problem, and he's not lying, and he's not just being nice. He's just being a mature adult. He says the same things the other do about GNR but just cause he's Slash people read it differently.

He just needs to say one more thing: "I'm sorry" ...

I'm not saying that Axl shouldn't ask him for sorry too, but ... by asking for sorry, Slash would show that he is not only an adult ... he is an adult that can admit his own mistakes ... If he ever do this, he will be 3 steps above Axl on this feud.

Except their is no feud.

Agreed. Slash doesn't need to say I'm sorry. He's said bad things, but so has Axl. When thats the case, I think the adult thing to do is move past, and when you do apologies will just come. I'd actually respect Slash less for saying "I'm sorry" when its not all his fault and when Axl would never do something like that. He doesn't have to coddle the guy. When you break up with a friend, you take time apart and ultimately someone steps up and apologizes. The difference here is this friendship is public. Slash has done his fair share of badmouthing, as Axl has, but he's also done his fair share of praising. That wouldn't happen in a normal friendship, but there's readily available information for Axl to see Slash respects him and gives him credit when credit is due.

For my money, Slash has done all he can, short of come back on his knees begging Axl to forgive him. And he shouldn't have to do that. Axl holds the fued, not Slash. Even Axl praising Slash publicly would be an olive branch. But for Slash to be adult about the matter and Axl to give nothing in return? The ball's in Axl's court. Slash is doing fine just the way he is, and even though I'm sure he'd love to come back to GNR, he doesn't need to. He'll go back when his old friend man's up.

He's admitted to his old mistakes countless times and in his book. His book reads like a junkie that makes me not quite think less of him but gives a very clear picture he was a problem back then. That is admitting it. He doesn't have to come right out and say "he was wrong". Because maybe he doesn't feel that way and likes the life he lived. But by airing it all out, he's given people the clear picture that he wasn't always right and that, above everything else, Axl was monumentally important to that band. So he's not slighting anyone. The reunion, or more importantly just talking and maybe being friends again, comes when Axl is ready to do the same. And for 20 years (holy fuck its been that long!) I haven't seen him do that.

Edited by gunsfanoldie