Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

In some weird way Izzy is probably further from a reunion tour than any of them.

Say there is an Izzy-less reunion in some alternate dimension. Will the casual Guns fan care Izzy in not there? and it will still be something to almost every hardcore Gn'R fan.

I feel it's like pyramid the media have to feel like its the real full reunion to really get that excitement going. That is decided by hardcore fans. The AFD line up reunion would be legendary.

The casual fans are happy with the current guys with special guests.

I strongly disagree. I of course get what you're saying, but the media just needs something the public is interested in.

Axl plus Slash means interest. And money.

The casual fans still go to new Guns shows to see Axl and only Axl. They're fine with the other players cause they don't care about who they are.

That means they only want to see Slash up there, or at least the vast majority does. So getting to see Axl and Slash on the same stage together will be a big enough of attraction to not only them, but all of those fans that only care about Axl and Slash playing together imo.

Honestly, if it was just Axl, Slash, and Duff it'd be GNR enough for me. I'd love Izzy, but he is so unpredictable. I have no idea if he'd do it or not

How many times has Axl said 'not in this lifetime', slash can't do it without Axl, who won't so it in a million years,

Original GnR would be great but won't happen , Adler isn't good enough, or sorum either

I think Izzy would do it. If he didn't, I'd be fine with Gilby but still a bit disappointed. I'm still bummed he didn't do the HOF

I feel he's vital.

If that means that you won't go to a reunion show just cause Izzy in not there, then you're in the minority like I've said.

Personally, I would be bummed he's not up there, but still better then not seeing Slash, Axl, Duff, and Steven playing together live again.

How long would it last, really? They have different musical desires, Axl wants to do more than classic street rock, Slash hates industrial metal and things with noises. They could do a tour of hits and fan-favorites, but Slash won't want to play "Better" and Axl's voice isn't close to being in good enough shape to handle the magnitude that a tour like this would bring. Axl would show up late or want to rehearse on his own and it would piss off Slash. Likewise, Slash would be passive aggressive, probably do something snarky and piss off Axl. Duff and Matt would just shrug and play well.

It also basically means that Axl would have to disband the current lineup and (kind of) admit the whole thing was a big mistake. For him, I think the cons outweigh any pros (especially when the only pro is really money).

I think Izzy would do it. If he didn't, I'd be fine with Gilby but still a bit disappointed. I'm still bummed he didn't do the HOF

I feel he's vital.

If that means that you won't go to a reunion show just cause Izzy in not there, then you're in the minority like I've said.

Personally, I would be bummed he's not up there, but still better then not seeing Slash, Axl, Duff, and Steven playing together live again.

I'd go to any GNR show I could.

But to create a special experience you'd need all 5 of the classic line up. Just a couple GNR vets joining Axls band won't create a stir.

Imagine the electricity of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven walking on stage then ...do you know where you are?! With no buts or ifs.

In some weird way Izzy is probably further from a reunion tour than any of them.

If there'll be a reunion somehow, I can imagine Izzy would at least write the new album with them... at least.

If he'd be involved in the writing process and records his parts, I could easily live with Gilby as touring guitarist

It isn't time. IMO the time has passed, because I don't think Axl could sing it well anymore, but the time comes when they are all free and most importantly that NewGNR has been dead on hiatus for a long time. That was the case around 02-06 but it was still way too fresh and Axl was working towards somethings new. Then there was 07-09 but Chinese kind of had to come out first.

Since Chinese came out (and it was absolutely impossible to even thinking of a reunion before Axl put Chinese out), I can't see a "fitter" timing to a reunion (even being 99,9% sure that it won't never ever happen) than now: Bumblefoot out, lacking a lead guitarist, no touring, no recordings, no rehearsals, no release talkings, 7 years since last release, Duff's reapproachment and nice quotes about reunion).

I repeat: even being 99,9% sure that it's not happening.

Edited by Todo Poderoso Timão

It isn't time. IMO the time has passed, because I don't think Axl could sing it well anymore, but the time comes when they are all free and most importantly that NewGNR has been dead on hiatus for a long time. That was the case around 02-06 but it was still way too fresh and Axl was working towards somethings new. Then there was 07-09 but Chinese kind of had to come out first.

Since Chinese came out (and it was absolutely impossible to even thinking of a reunion before Axl put Chinese out), I can't see a "fitter" timing to a reunion (even being 99,9% sure that it won't never ever happen) than now: Bumblefoot out, lacking a lead guitarist, no touring, no recordings, no rehearsals, no release talkings, 7 years since last release, Duff's reapproachment and nice quotes about reunion).

I repeat: even being 99,9% sure that it's not happening.

I completely agree with you. But what I'm saying is Axl needs to make that extension. Or someone has to do it for him. Slash is touring the rest of the year for his new album. The earliest a reunion tour could happen would be next summer. And while I agree with you it won't happen, if you want to think about it hypothetically: that means Axl should make some sort of gesture towards Slash NOW, because we know its gonna take a long time for them to even get talking again, let alone play together. Slash is busy, but if Axl reached out while he's doing nothing right now I'm sure Slash would reciprocate. My point of "the time has passed" meant that I don't think that'll happen, and hte more time it gets put off the less likely it is. They are all getting older, and there's little time that they are all free. I agree right now is as fitting as ever, but if Axl makes no moves, by next summer they'll all be doing different things. So then we're talking about another two years.

Thats why I'm saying I firmly believe it had to happen already. Because we're already getting late in the game of them being able to do it again. The more time that passes, the less likely it gets.

• Like 1

Here we go again.

If the original members of GNR did reunite it would probably be for a few shows to make tons of money and that would be it.

I would like them to reunite to write some new music and record a new album. Even if they recorded separately, I bet this album would sell millions of copies and hit number 1!

I doubt it'll ever happen, so why keep writing about it?

I think Slash is saying this just to annoy Axl again. lol

If there'll be a reunion somehow, I can imagine Izzy would at least write the new album with them... at least.

If he'd be involved in the writing process and records his parts, I could easily live with Gilby as touring guitarist

1. Slash and Axl rocker - jungle meets civil war

2. Izzy and Slash song - you could be dust 2

3. Izzy and Axl song - patience/don't cry

4. Duff song - get in the farm

5. Axl epic/Slash epic

Repeat for 10 track album.

Say there is an Izzy-less reunion in some alternate dimension. Will the casual Guns fan care Izzy in not there? and it will still be something to almost every hardcore Gn'R fan.

I feel it's like pyramid the media have to feel like its the real full reunion to really get that excitement going. That is decided by hardcore fans. The AFD line up reunion would be legendary.

The casual fans are happy with the current guys with special guests.

I strongly disagree. I of course get what you're saying, but the media just needs something the public is interested in.

Axl plus Slash means interest. And money.

The casual fans still go to new Guns shows to see Axl and only Axl. They're fine with the other players cause they don't care about who they are.

That means they only want to see Slash up there, or at least the vast majority does. So getting to see Axl and Slash on the same stage together will be a big enough of attraction to not only them, but all of those fans that only care about Axl and Slash playing together imo.

It would be something but it's not the reunion. So it would up ticket sales. Like a selling point.

Maybe it would like Faith no more reunion where I m not entirely sure who the guitarist is but Roddy, Bill, Puffy and Mike are there. But they are money grubbing whores.

I hold Guns to a mythical standard though. A partial reunion is a bit hacky. No Izzy is a tradegy and I would be offended.

I only want a reunion if Axl goes to a vocal coach for at least 6 months before and actually rehearses with the band at the same time. Without that I see no point, dude has to be on form or it will be a joke.

• Like 2

Pretty interesting statement by slash. If he means it, and is not just shooting shit up are asses for views. Has he every said anything that was more pro reunion then this? I mean he's basically saying he would be down for it if you know who came to terms with him on somthing. Everyone knows reunion comes down to Axl n slash

Pretty interesting statement by slash. If he means it, and is not just shooting shit up are asses for views. Has he every said anything that was more pro reunion then this? I mean he's basically saying he would be down for it if you know who came to terms with him on somthing. Everyone knows reunion comes down to Axl n slash

He gave plenty of interviews over the last 15 years and gets asked the same questions over and over again.

Yes it's not the first time he said exactly this. "when circumstances... for the right reasons... would be fun for the fans." I don't have any sources, but I've read that in the past.

I think Slash's answers are depending on his mood he is right now and/or maybe how bitter he is when the interviewer ignores his latest work and is only interested in Guns related topics.

People will always ask him for guns but when you've just released a solo album, focus should be on that.

Edited by Free Bird