Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

I would love to see this more than anything in Rock n' Roll.. It would be an absolute dream come true.. The music would be tight as hell for sure. I know Axl has been struggling but hopefully he would take this seriously and give it 110%. Go out on a fucking mission.. Maybe go see a vocal coach as someone mentioned and get into shape. I am guessing that could really help. Duff could always help him with that as well.. He doesn't have to be 1988 Axl but as long as the effort is there who cares.. I think Axl could get away with using his lower voice more in songs where he usually doesn't and it would still sound great.

There are other ways to help Axl out too. They could incorporate the extended Rocket Queen into the set.. Have Izzy sing a couple of songs like Dust N' Bones and Double Talkin Jive.. They could do an extended intro and outro for DTJ. An extended KOHD jam...

I would really hope Izzy would be part of this... Steven as well although I have a feeling they would snub him. I would say, at least give the guy a chance to prove himself.

As for playing CD or Slash songs.. My first reaction was no but it could actually work. It might actually be a really healthy thing to do for Axl and Slash's relationship.. Nothing crazy just a song by each.. I'd say Slither or Anastasia and CD, Madagascar or The Blues off CD... I think Anastasia would sound good in Axl's lower voice..

As for recording new music.. I would say just shoot for a 4 or 5 song EP.. Maybe re-record one of the above mentioned songs from Slash and CD.. Maybe pull out an old song that was never released.. Maybe present Axl with the album that Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote before VR and have him pick his favorite 2 songs to work with..

It could look something like

Shadow Of Your Love

New song

New song

Slither

Chinese Democracy

Well, this is all very exciting to me.. I gotta tell you...

I would love to see them play the entire Appetite album as well.. Something like this! \m/

New Song

Nice Boys/Reckless Life

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Knockin on Heavens Door

Double Talkin Jive (Extended intro/outro)

November Rain

Chinese Democracy

Slither

Patience

My Michelle

Think About You

Sweet Child O Mine

You're Crazy

Anything Goes

Rocket Queen (Extended Solo)

Dust N' Bones

Jungle

It's So Easy

NIghtrain

Out Ta Get me

Brownstone

Paradise City

No remakes... all original new material.... Izzy has more than enough ideas for them to work up a new release

At this stage I'm so bored of this shit that if there is a reunion I might just go to T-R-O-L-L them all with a big DJ Ashba banner.

"The Old New One Is Swaggier Than The New Old One"

Edited by Facekicker
  • Like 4

For what it's worth,Del had posted a pic of himself from the 90s. And of course,there was GN'R talk in the comments.

And this is what someone asked/commented:Del...what about Slash last interview?They start a conversation?True?

Well,Del liked the post. So who knows at this point?But why would Del bite the hand that feeds?Cause lord knows how such a teeny jester of Del liking such a post,could totally piss Axl off.

Edited by SweetRose

For what it's worth,Del had posted a pic of himself from the 90s. And of course,there was GN'R talk in the comments.

And this is what someone asked/commented:Del...what about Slash last interview?They start a conversation?True?

Well,Del liked the post. So who knows at this point?But why would Del bite the hand that feeds?Cause lord knows how such a teeny jester of Del liking such a post,could totally piss Axl off.

He probably thought that "like" is a way to reply to a comment. :shrugs:

In a nutshell Axl considers us all a cancer. But he's not calling us a cancer.

Would you like to ask someone to reopen the thread? So we could talk about this in the right place? Are you going to start doing this everywhere? Do you think some people complained so much about that in one single thread and now they'll like to have to deal with it in everywhere else?

Next time, I'll have to reply to this, and it won't be pretty.

Sounds scary.

• Like 1

I would love to see this more than anything in Rock n' Roll.. It would be an absolute dream come true.. The music would be tight as hell for sure. I know Axl has been struggling but hopefully he would take this seriously and give it 110%. Go out on a fucking mission.. Maybe go see a vocal coach as someone mentioned and get into shape. I am guessing that could really help. Duff could always help him with that as well.. He doesn't have to be 1988 Axl but as long as the effort is there who cares.. I think Axl could get away with using his lower voice more in songs where he usually doesn't and it would still sound great.

There are other ways to help Axl out too. They could incorporate the extended Rocket Queen into the set.. Have Izzy sing a couple of songs like Dust N' Bones and Double Talkin Jive.. They could do an extended intro and outro for DTJ. An extended KOHD jam...

I would really hope Izzy would be part of this... Steven as well although I have a feeling they would snub him. I would say, at least give the guy a chance to prove himself.

As for playing CD or Slash songs.. My first reaction was no but it could actually work. It might actually be a really healthy thing to do for Axl and Slash's relationship.. Nothing crazy just a song by each.. I'd say Slither or Anastasia and CD, Madagascar or The Blues off CD... I think Anastasia would sound good in Axl's lower voice..

As for recording new music.. I would say just shoot for a 4 or 5 song EP.. Maybe re-record one of the above mentioned songs from Slash and CD.. Maybe pull out an old song that was never released.. Maybe present Axl with the album that Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote before VR and have him pick his favorite 2 songs to work with..

It could look something like

Shadow Of Your Love

New song

New song

Slither

Chinese Democracy

Well, this is all very exciting to me.. I gotta tell you...

I would love to see them play the entire Appetite album as well.. Something like this! \m/

New Song

Nice Boys/Reckless Life

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Knockin on Heavens Door

Double Talkin Jive (Extended intro/outro)

November Rain

Chinese Democracy

Slither

Patience

My Michelle

Think About You

Sweet Child O Mine

You're Crazy

Anything Goes

Rocket Queen (Extended Solo)

Dust N' Bones

Jungle

It's So Easy

NIghtrain

Out Ta Get me

Brownstone

Paradise City

i couldn't agree more!

gnr is slash, axl, izzy, duff and steven.

anything else is garbage.

• Like 1

Wont happen in the near future...

It won't happen in any future

What about in another Dimension?

I think if an Axl/Slash reunion ever does occur that they should pick up right where they left off- Axl, Slash, Huge, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy is a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing revisited. Throw in Zakk Wylde and you've got yourself a monster band.

You said Slash and Huge in one sentence? someone is not gonna be happy about it, but really you prefer Tobias than Izzy? If Izzy doesn't wants to come back then I would rather see Gilby than Tobias

I think if an Axl/Slash reunion ever does occur that they should pick up right where they left off- Axl, Slash, Huge, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy is a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing revisited. Throw in Zakk Wylde and you've got yourself a monster band.

You said Slash and Huge in one sentence? someone is not gonna be happy about it, but really you prefer Tobias than Izzy? If Izzy doesn't wants to come back then I would rather see Gilby than Tobias
Why not? It's totally logical to start where they left off. It's not like exactly this was the beginning of the end. Oh wait...

I hate to say this but this is Axl-fan-logic :facepalm:

Edited by Free Bird

In keeping with GNR being a trainwreck I fully expect them to announce a reunion when both interest has passed along with whatever decernable talent they have left.

Fat, bald, can't sing, can't play, going through the motions GNR reunion - coming to a venue near you by 2020.

In keeping with GNR being a trainwreck I fully expect them to announce a reunion when both interest has passed along with whatever decernable talent they have left.

Fat, bald, can't sing, can't play, going through the motions GNR reunion - coming to a venue near you by 2020.

You have to wonder why some "fans" post on a GN'R message board....

• Like 1

Indeed. They haven't released a good album since the Illusions.

• Like 2

Not this shit again :facepalm:

If you going back you might as well go all the way. Most people agree the AFD line up had the chemistry etc. they wrote most of UYI. If Steven could do it then why not get the mojo of the five.?if he fucks up then Matt could step in. If Izzy leaves then Gilby. You know just repeat it until Slash quits and Axl is left holding the bag.

well, sometimes people fed up with the constant bashing, that's all

Imagine this as you are fed up with Axl's circus, now some people (whom aren't regulars here) fed up with the usual Humour Herold's around here

That's all

Imagine this as you are fed up with Axl's circus, now some people (whom aren't regulars here) fed up with the usual Humour Herold's around here

That's all

So these people should create a forum to bash me. This is a place for GnR fans and GnR discussion.

That's all

So these people should create a forum to bash me. This is a place for GnR fans and GnR discussion.

your post makes zero sense

That's all

There's no real discussion. "Axl's fat, I hate Chinese Democracy, I hate Ashba, etc. etc."

The band is on hiatus though, so there's not a whole lot to talk about, but the hostility and contempt that some so-called "fans" show for a singer of a band they supposedly like is just sad.

• Like 2

That's all

There's no real discussion. "Axl's fat, I hate Chinese Democracy, I hate Ashba, etc. etc."

The band is on hiatus though, so there's not a whole lot to talk about, but the hostility and contempt that some so-called "fans" show for a singer of a band they supposedly like is just sad.

Sucking Axl's red cock via unrelentingly supportive posts is not discussion either. Its just another form of boring monomania, but from the other end of the spectrum.

And its a bit silly using words like "contempt" - mild ridicule is about as bad as it gets these days.

Many of these people you pointed out have outlined again and again and again that its because they are fans of Axl that they want the man to stop smoking the ego/paranoia pipe and at least try one more time to get back where he should be, and that's not fronting a cabaret band in Vegas. Its a simple matter of standards.