Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era lineup

Can anyone explain why this isn't on the main page?

Because the mods moved the thread here from the main page

Yep it want get seen here

Can anyone explain why this isn't on the main page?

Thats were i posted it

Except their is no feud.

The rift between former Guns N’ Roses bandmates Axl Rose and Slash is one of the biggest and hotly discussed feuds in rock.

http://www.metalwani.com/2015/05/news-slash-says-hes-down-for-guns-n.html

:lol:

I appreciate that you two usually don't resort to name calling and keep things pretty light hearted.

Man, we aren't here to be disrespectful to anyone ...

What? Just because I criticize Slash about some things, I was supposed to behave like an uncivilized beast? :lol:

Thread moved back to D&N.

I originally moved it to Five O'Clock for 2 reasons:

1) This came out of an interview directly related to Slash's solo work

but more importantly

2) I was surprised this was news to anyone

I'm still surprised this is news to anyone. Slash isn't the one who's been deathly opposed to a reunion over the years, so I don't understand why anyone is shocked by his answer as if his stance has changed.

otherwise people will keep looking at you like a blind Slash defender ...

Thought I'd give you a verbal warning (instead of an "official" warning point) about posting things like this. None of the users you're directing this at would be allowed to call you or anyone else a "blind Axl defender". Posting things like that are what easily derail these discussions.

• Like 1

Slash isn't the one who's been deathly opposed to a reunion over the years.

Let's go back to Axl's letter to the Hall of Fame. What did he really mean when he said "until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."?

Slash isn't the one who's been deathly opposed to a reunion over the years.

Let's go back to Axl's letter to the Hall of Fame. What did he really mean when he said "until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."?

I don't even understand the question :lol:

That's not a dig at you, that's a dig at Axl's writing lol

• Like 1

but more importantly

I'm still surprised this is news to anyone. Slash isn't the one who's been deathly opposed to a reunion over the years, so I don't understand why anyone is shocked by his answer as if his stance has changed.

Come on Slash not only talked about his new video. He said "Over time we all got sicked and tired of the black cloud" Slash wouldn´t say "we all" if there wasn´t such a thing as we all, at least to some degree something has changed here. Or so it seems

otherwise people will keep looking at you like a blind Slash defender ...

Thought I'd give you a verbal warning (instead of an "official" warning point) about posting things like this. None of the users you're directing this at would be allowed to call you or anyone else a "blind Axl defender". Posting things like that are what easily derail these discussions.

You're totally right and I apologize.

My intention never was to call him that.

• Like 1

but more importantly

Come on Slash not only talked about his new video. He said "Over time we all got sicked and tired of the black cloud" Slash wouldn´t say "we all" if there wasn´t such a thing as we all, at least to some degree something has changed here. Or so it seems

Fair enough.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for thinking differently than me about it. I was giving the reasoning behind the original move and moving it back as many wanted :)

Yes, at this point, these two guys should just shake hands, take a picture and upload it to Facebook

How great would that be? Can you imagine if instead of tweeting about bullshit that makes him look petty and stupid, Axl surprised us one morning with a pic of old Axl and old Slash with their arms around each other and smiles on their faces? No caption, just the pick. Fuckin' boss. I'd never complain about Axl again! Well, that's not true, but you get my point. :lol:

• Like 1

Yes, at this point, these two guys should just shake hands, take a picture and upload it to Facebook

How great would that be? Can you imagine if instead of tweeting about bullshit that makes him look petty and stupid, Axl surprised us one morning with a pic of old Axl and old Slash with their arms around each other and smiles on their faces? No caption, just the pick. Fuckin' boss. I'd never complain about Axl again! Well, that's not true, but you get my point. :lol:

I hear you. But honestly, I just don't think he's there yet if ever. There's a lot of things you should do but can't when you're not quite sane.

He's got a ring of yes betas around him as well, which you know...only makes it difficult for him to grow up. It just enables his immature behavior and his black and white way of looking at people.

When you're unable to move past shit that doesn't matter, there's not much anyone can do to help you but yourself and/or therapy.

He's not even capable of forgiving Marc for something he had every right to do. One of his best friends. Just imagine where he is in his head about Slash. My guess is he's still angry and bitter about it.

I hear you. But honestly, I just don't think he's there yet if ever. There's a lot of things you should do but can't when you're not quite sane.

He's got a ring of yes betas around him as well, which you know...only makes it difficult for him to grow up. It just enables his immature behavior and his black and white way of looking at people.

When you're unable to move past shit that doesn't matter, there's not much anyone can do to help you but yourself and/or therapy.

He's not even capable of forgiving Marc for something he had every right to do. One of his best friends. Just imagine where he is in his head about Slash. My guess is he's still angry and bitter about it.

Yeah, I agree. I just wish it wasn't like that. I'm sure the fuckin' lunatic would see peacemaking as some sort of admission that he "lost the war," which, if there was a war, he did, which he probably knows deep down, effectively guaranteeing that there will be no peace.

In some weird way Izzy is probably further from a reunion tour than any of them.

Not really, Izzy has collaborated with Slash and Duff. Izzy was a guest in Vegas and London with nuGN´R. He was somewhat interested in VR as well. Izzy would give reunion a chance under the right circustances.

Still more important than a reunion tour are the personal relationships. If there is no reunion tour they should be able to have dinner together once in while and be friends.

In some weird way Izzy is probably further from a reunion tour than any of them.

Say there is an Izzy-less reunion in some alternate dimension. Will the casual Guns fan care Izzy in not there? and it will still be something to almost every hardcore Gn'R fan.

Izzy doesn't tour much, doesn't really work in the industry like Axl, Slash, Duff do. These guys still in the media. A reunion would bring everything he has been avoiding. If it was a smaller tour or Vegas residency maybe but a world tour with all that media attention. It would be more of a change for him I think.

Say there is an Izzy-less reunion in some alternate dimension. Will the casual Guns fan care Izzy in not there? and it will still be something to almost every hardcore Gn'R fan.

I feel it's like pyramid the media have to feel like its the real full reunion to really get that excitement going. That is decided by hardcore fans. The AFD line up reunion would be legendary.

The casual fans are happy with the current guys with special guests.

I feel it's like pyramid the media have to feel like its the real full reunion to really get that excitement going. That is decided by hardcore fans. The AFD line up reunion would be legendary.

The casual fans are happy with the current guys with special guests.

I strongly disagree. I of course get what you're saying, but the media just needs something the public is interested in.

Axl plus Slash means interest. And money.

The casual fans still go to new Guns shows to see Axl and only Axl. They're fine with the other players cause they don't care about who they are.

That means they only want to see Slash up there, or at least the vast majority does. So getting to see Axl and Slash on the same stage together will be a big enough of attraction to not only them, but all of those fans that only care about Axl and Slash playing together imo.

Edited by Rovim