Tabocsa

wasted

That's the brown one, never tried that one.

I've been mixing it with barbq sauce for ribs.

I ran out. I need to go to the shop to get more. I can't actually face a meal without Tabasco.

It's not a meal without Tabasco!

• Like 1

When I worked in the pub, there was this one guy who was in every Saturday and Sunday night without fail. The bottle of Tobasco was sat behind the bar for his use alone. Never tried it myself, I think I prefer more flavour with spice, rather than just chill.

Tobasco sucks, it tastes like spicy vinager. The best hot sauce on the planet is chalula. Its by no means the hottest, but it's flavor is by far the best.

I know some people are die hard tobasco users, but imo that stuff is highly overrated. Honestly I prefer Frank's Red Hot over tobasco, which isn't saying much. None of these sauces are really that spicy, plenty of far hotter sauces on the market. I used to be able to eat the hottest of the hot stuff, but having a wife and kids has cooled me off. They hate anything spicy, so that means I have to make two versions of everything, which sucks. So now I just make 1 plain dish and pour chalula all over it, lol. But again, if you have never had chalula, do yourself a favor and go and buy it today, you won't be sad. It really is the perfect hot sauce.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I'll use it if it's all there is, but it's far from my favorite hot sauce.

This is how I feel. Like I said, it tastes like spicy vinager, yuck. I want my hot sauce to have a pepper flavor, not a vinager flavor.

I will say this though, some of the special flavored versions of tobasco are decent, in just not a fan of the original. I had a bottle of rasberry flavored tobasco once (i think it was rasberry, or some kind of fruit) And it was actually quite good on chicken.

• Like 1

I've used the McIlhenney Tobasco sauce but the bottles are fucking tiny and it's a bitch to get the stuff out so i tend to use Franks Hot Sauce these days. In fact I'm having some right now on popcorn with a few cheap beers.

Yeah, as others have said, too vinegary/watery for my liking. As far as mainstream hot sauces go, I'll take Frank's, Cholula, or Sriracha, but I love trying new/obscure/local ones. I'm a hot sauce hipster. Fight me.

Frank's is my favorite mass produced hot sauce. I mostly use local stuff though, proper Western NY buffalo sauces. And then in Rochester hot sauce means something totally different to hot sauce everywhere else...

^what do you mean by that in Rochester? Never ventured out there before.

edit: and @arnold WHEREVER U WANT. but preferably somewhere with good hot sauce.

If you ask for hot sauce in Rochester, it's implied that you want meat hot sauce. Basically a spicy minced beef. And it's so, so, SO fucking good.

You haven't lived until you've had a garbage plate at 3 AM when you're drunk.

031.JPG

• Like 1

Is this some sort of yankee thing, 'hot sauce'? In Britain you put salt and vinegar on your chips and that is basically as complicated as it gets. We do not usually stick hot sauces on things like chips. It rather signifies a person that needs to be institutionalised.

I suppose Worcester sauce or HP have a bit of spice. English mustard with chips is good.

Curry mix. Doner Kebab extra chili sauce.

Peri peri Chicken. Nandos!

But don't they cook with hot sauce? Like when you make fried chicken you shake in some hot sauce into the mix.

I'm not sure you're meant to do shots of hot sauce. That's next level.

I suppose Worcester sauce or HP have a bit of spice. English mustard with chips is good.

Curry mix. Doner Kebab extra chili sauce.

Peri peri Chicken. Nandos!

But don't they cook with hot sauce? Like when you make fried chicken you shake in some hot sauce into the mix.

I'm not sure you're meant to do shots of hot sauce. That's next level.

Yes, there is those nutters that use brown sauce on chips.