Hollywood takes a huge dump on another classic movie

Point Break was an enjoyable film, but I wouldn't call it a classic. That's basically like saying every above decent 90's flick is a classic, anyone consider Cliffhanger a classic?

I don't get the point of a remake though that I'm sure will be nothing like the original. I'm sure they could have made a film with the same concept and just gave it another name.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

Point Break was an enjoyable film, but I wouldn't call it a classic.

Remember whoose making the thread, I'm reasonably certain the urine is being extracted here in a big way :lol:

On a slight tangent, saw a film with Keanu Reeves called Permanent Vacation, he's a young lad in bit and it's a teen film and his mate commits suicide and his reaction, his Michael Corleone at the steps of the theatre house is fucking hilairious :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Point Break was an enjoyable film, but I wouldn't call it a classic.

Remember whoose making the thread, I'm reasonably certain the urine is being extracted here in a big way :lol:

On a slight tangent, saw a film with Keanu Reeves called Permanent Vacation, he's a young lad in bit and it's a teen film and his mate commits suicide and his reaction, his Michael Corleone at the steps of the theatre house is fucking hilairious :lol:

leslie_neilsen_airplane.jpg

I am serious.

Sort of. :D Yeah Point Break is not exactly Casablanca is it?

Funnily enough though, what is has become is a cult classic of sorts.

I just can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck Hollywood is doing lately though and remaking Point Break is the perfect example of an industry that has run out of fucking ideas.

I mean, who the fuck was sitting around one day and said - "You know what, we need to remake Point Break?" :D

Yeah, the original is good, but not amazing. Also Keane's acting is pretty bad in it.

It is very enjoyable if you turn off your brain. Keanu is Keanu. The directing is actually pretty good, Kathryn Bigalow or whatever her name is.

The remake looks like a videogame with actors that make Reeves look like Oliver Reed.

Looks shit and I never saw the original

Its coming out in December so its irrelevant, anyways. Itll get eaten by Star Wars

Check out the original. It's a fun movie.

Who the hell were those actors?

I liked the original Point Break. it was a different movie with a cool bunch of characters and a good plot.

This remake looks terrible.

Keanu and Patrick were awesome in the original movie.

Why would anyone want to make a remake of a this movie when the original was so good?

the only actor I recognize is the old English guy. He was in Robin Hood back in the 1980's with Michael Praed.

No Bodhi (Swayze, and only Swayze!. No movie ticket.

Yes well unfortunately the studios are slightly handicapped in regard to that particular piece of casting due in some part of the fact that he's dead as a fuckin' doornail :lol:
True. Damn shame.

Yeah, the original is good, but not amazing. Also Keane's acting is pretty bad in it.

It is very enjoyable if you turn off your brain. Keanu is Keanu. The directing is actually pretty good, Kathryn Bigalow or whatever her name is.

The remake looks like a videogame with actors that make Reeves look like Oliver Reed.

Looks shit and I never saw the original

Its coming out in December so its irrelevant, anyways. Itll get eaten by Star Wars

Check out the original. It's a fun movie.

Will do!

Saw the first one for the first time as part of a Hot Fuzz marathon in 2007: Edgar Wright, Nick Frost et al. were at the Prince Charles Cinema in London, and they were showing 3 films back-to-back before Hot Fuzz, for which they did a live commentary. The 3 films were Hard Boiled, Last Boy Scout, and Point Break. All amazing films, the whole thing was free, just had to queue up. Was a great day, and the highlight was undoubtedly everybody pointing their hands in like a gun and going "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" during a certain scene in Point Break :P

Edited by Amir

Point Break was an enjoyable film, but I wouldn't call it a classic. That's basically like saying every above decent 90's flick is a classic, anyone consider Cliffhanger a classic?

I don't get the point of a remake though that I'm sure will be nothing like the original. I'm sure they could have made a film with the same concept and just gave it another name.

That's a bigger problem than Facekicker's implication tbh. If Hollywood is so desperate for material that they're remaking movies that weren't even very good or memorable in the first place, something's seriously wrong.

• Like 1

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Bodhi: What's the matter with you guys? This was never about the money, this was about us against the system. That system that kills the human spirit. We stand for something. We are here to show those guys that are inching their way on the freeways in their metal coffins that the human spirit is still alive. Don't worry about this guy, okay? I know exactly what to do with him.

The original was about a bunch of guys that robbed banks to fund their lifestyle of surfing. Endless summer in pursuit of the perfect wave.

The new one has some bullshit where they shower a poor village with cash they just ripped off.

Robin Hood with skydiving.