Same Sex Marriage Legal in all US States

Słash

What the hell are you lot going on about? Atheists are dumb as shit. If I do not believe in god will I be as dumb as lithium?

Regarding Len's last point (because the quote thing is not working for me), it is untrue concerning marriage. But the ancients had very different notions on sexuality than us. Basically, they saw nothing wrong with having male lovers. They defined sexual not on gender so much as penetration. It was common for aristocratic Greek children for instance to possess a paedagogue, an elderly male who would get up to some shenanigans and take the young male's virginity, while learning him the lyre and some poetry. This was expected for an aristocratic male. Parents actually desired this.

The Romans were similar but they did have some 'gay' humour so I do not think they were that different in one sense. It is a dicey subject with a lot of heated arguments. Caligula apparently went through a mock wedding with his cross dressing lover.

What the hell are you lot going on about? Atheists are dumb as shit. If I do not believe in god will I be as dumb as lithium?

So who are dumber? Religious fanatics or atheists?

that is a point of view question,

Atheiists are in for a bigger surprise though, so they got that going for them

Atheists are obsessed with Christianity and Catholicism. Basically, they are not proper atheists but merely anti-Christian. You can go up to an atheist and mention a religion that does not exist in the Judaeo-Christian trinity and they will go, ''duhh'' (adopts dumb Lithium american wannabe speak) ''the pope is bad. He bums children. The Bible is nonsense. Muslims are suicide bombers''. This is the mentality of the group you are dealing with here. You may as well be speaking to a bucket of shite by mentioning the fact that Buddhism has nearly half a billion adherents who do not follow a Judaeo-christian faith!

Basically atheists is today's wankers. It is just a case of, ''look at me. I am a SHOUTY PERSON. I HATE THE POPE. I'M A COCK. LOOK AT HOW MODERN I AM. LOOK AT HOW DATED YOU ARE. I AM SHOUTY SHOUTY SHOUTY''. It lacks decorum, is mean spirited and un gentleman like. There is actually something very un-British about atheism somehow - it is hard to define.

• Like 1

There is actually something very un-British about atheism somehow - it is hard to define.

It is hard to define because, again, it is bollocks :D

I think from now on you can just assume that whenever you are unable to properly argue for any of your hysterical ideas, it is because they are flawed in some important way.

There is actually something very un-British about atheism somehow - it is hard to define.

I think from now on you can just assume that whenever you are unable to properly argue for any of your hysterical ideas, it is because they are flawed in some important way.

Britain is a society built on a consensual unwritten sense of decency and gentleman like conduct. Our laws are framed by it. In 1688 we passed the Toleration Act, permitting a religious liberty unprecedented since antiquity. One of the more charming aspects of the Church of England is its lack of dogmatism, its restraint and will to accommodate. Look at the way France has passed secularised heavy handed legislating pertaining to Muslim attire. Now I did not argue at the time against this based on some mistaken support of Islam and racial-cultural disunity: I disagreed with this because it was fundamentally un-British.

Britain is a society built on a consensual unwritten sense of decency and gentleman like conduct. Our laws are framed by it. In 1688 we passed the Toleration Act, permitting a religious liberty unprecedented since antiquity. One of the more charming aspects of the Church of England is its lack of dogmatism, its restraint and will to accommodate. Look at the way France has passed secularised heavy handed legislating pertaining to Muslim attire. Now I did not argue at the time against this based on some mistaken support of Islam and racial-cultural disunity: I disagreed with this because it was fundamentally un-British.

But now you are talking about a different thing than your original statement which was that there is something un-British about atheism. I am sure that Britain has a different way of accomodating with different viewpoints, and that this is due to among other, the Church of England, but this doesn't mean that "atheism is un-British". I believe this is called moving the goalposts.

By the way, I am sure we are close to a fallacy bingo here tonight! :D

I say it is un-British, at least the zealous SHOUTY SHOUTY kind as practiced by yourself and others. So what of it?

The "SHOUTY SHOUTY kind of atheism" may be un-British. I will take your word for it that the percentage of British atheisms who practise this for of atheism is way lower than in other countries :D

Edited by SoulMonster

Scandinavian atheists are particularly nasty specimens, all that blond hair and church burning.

Well, at least we can rest assured that our behaviour of burning churches and maintaining a gene pool that increases the propensity for blond hair, follows age-old traditions and is not at all "un-Scandinavian", unlike people without a personal belief in gods in Britain who are doomed to be "un-British". :D

I will give you one credit for introducing me to the term and concept of a 'neckbeard'. I spotted two or three in the toon the other day.

Aren't your friends neckbeards too? If you have any, that is.

No.

That is all I can answer to that really haha.

One or two of my friends are a bit chavvy, i.e. the complete reverse from your neckbeards. Good term mind. It sort of describes a crossbreed between a Trekkie and an Amish chap.

"SHOUTY SHOUTY" atheism is only a reaction to "SHOUTY SHOUTY" followers of religion.

the latter of which do a lot more than shout when it comes to fighting for their beliefs

Didn't your mother learn you manners?

That is what I am getting at really: it is all about manners. I was taught to never talk about money, never talk badly about women and never criticise someone's religion. It is about basic decency.

That is what I am getting at really: it is all about manners. I was taught to never talk about money, never talk badly about women and never criticise someone's religion. It is about basic decency.

Whatever is "decent" to you should never be a barrier to me criticising something that is so deservedly of being criticised as organized religion. It is as simple as that. Don't criticise me for not following your particular rules of what is decent and in adherence with decorum. I couldn't care less. You are inept at understanding that you are discussing with people on a global scene who don't share to your particular upbringing and narrow traditions for what is right manners. To me, it is more important to advocate rationalism than to avoid stepping on some grossly sensitive religious toes that are affronted because they are not accustomed to people actually pointing out that what they believe in haven't got the slightest supportive evidence. To me, according to my background and tradition, it is a lack of decorum to not point out what is obviously and patently nonsense. You act like everyone comes form your own society, has the same background, have been faced with the same circumstances, are as steeped in that nostalgic and pathetic "British" culture as you are. And that is another fallacy. Bingo!

• Like 2