Same Sex Marriage Legal in all US States

Słash

Homosexuality is the gateway for paedophilia.

Your posts are a gateway for my eyes rolling. <_<

Bless! :wub:

mckellanjacobi_zpsz6ttthcp.jpg

Seriously, how can anyone not find the below moving?

http://time.com/3938782/jack-evans-george-harris-marriage-texas/

Jack Evans, 85, and George Harris, 82, waited over half a century for this moment.

The men, together for 54 years, were the first same-sex couple to wed today in Dallas County.

Their nuptials came just hours after the Supreme Courts landmark decision enabling gay couples to marry in all 50 states.

Evans tells PEOPLE of his wedding day: You would have been blown away by the crowd there, there must have been 450 people there, people waiting to get married, reporters. It was amazing. Just amazing.

And they say you cant get a battered sausage stateside :lol:

Let's just say; Gay Pride Stage - Police walking around/no sign of my friends. Black Pride Stage - No police walking around, empty baggys on the floor and a hill to look/find/meet my friends, spark/light the joint I had on me, drink & enjoy the sights of the show and dance.

Like omg hot girls on stage. 2 I mentally earmarked to approach at the end of the show to offer jobs, they were that hot.

Edited by Snake-Pit

The facebook reaction is interesting. I think a lot of folks are changing their photos because it is 'hip' and 'cool' to support the cause.

Let me be clear that I support it, but not overly vocal about it. I just feel like it has become kind of a fashion statement.

(Note: My avatar is supposed to be ironic and should be looked at for humorous reasons only)

• Like 2

The facebook reaction is interesting. I think a lot of folks are changing their photos because it is 'hip' and 'cool' to support the cause.

Let me be clear that I support it, but not overly vocal about it. I just feel like it has become kind of a fashion statement.

(Note: My avatar is supposed to be ironic and should be looked at for humorous reasons only)

I agree that many people would have changed their photos because it was trendy to do so, but that doesnt mean that it was a bad thing per se

I agree that many people would have changed their photos because it was trendy to do so, but that doesnt mean that it was a bad thing per se

poetic actually because the whole issue is based on political correctness, and because everybody else is saying it's ok so I have to jump on board too I guess or people will think I'm not trendy or up with the times, blah blah... being trendy with such an issue is a sign of the times.... there is a movement going on where you are having other people thinking for you, even if may be sub-concious

poetic actually because the whole issue is based on political correctness, and because everybody else is saying it's ok so I have to jump on board too I guess or people will think I'm not trendy or up with the times, blah blah... being trendy with such an issue is a sign of the times.... there is a movement going on where you are having other people thinking for you, even if may be sub-concious

I'd rather equality and freedom be trendy than fascism and bigotry

EDIT: not accusing anybody here of bigotry before anybody reads that the wrong way!

Edited by sturginho

So well what are your thoughts on it?

I am happy for the gays - good stuff.

The problem for the christians who wanted marriage to be a religious ceremony and a union exclusively between man and woman, is that they failed to make it remain an exclusive religious ceremony. Marriage got diluted, or perhaps rather mutated, to the point where people could get married outside of churches, outside of religion, as nothing but a purely secular social ceremony. And then, with christianity not "owning" it anymore, they simply don't have the right to define how it should be. Personally I wouldn't have had any problems with christianity "owning" marriage and then calling a secular union between humans something else entirely, to distinguish between the two things. And I wouldn't minded if christians insisted that their religious marriage, in contrast to the secular union, should only be between different sexes. I think they should be allowed to define their own rituals in such ways, at least when it is hardly damaging, even if it is "discriminatory" or "bigoted" or "ridiculously ass-backwards". I mean, let them have their silly, archaic rituals and enjoy seeing them drive away their member mass in the process. If they want to cling to outdated ideas then by all means. The problem for me, as an atheist, is of course that christianity is continuously dragged screaming and kicking forwards into modern times. I would very much prefer if we just left it back in the dark ages with rapidly dwindling member mass a result. Why do we take it upon ourselves to modernize something that should rather be taken behind the shed and shot?

So well what are your thoughts on it?

I am happy for the gays - good stuff.

The problem for the christians who wanted marriage to be a religious ceremony and a union exclusively between man and woman, is that they failed to make it remain an exclusive religious ceremony. Marriage got diluted, or perhaps rather mutated, to the point where people could get married outside of churches, outside of religion, as nothing but a purely secular social ceremony. And then, with christianity not "owning" it anymore, they simply don't have the right to define how it should be. Personally I wouldn't have had any problems with christianity "owning" marriage and then calling a secular union between humans something else entirely, to distinguish between the two things. And I wouldn't minded if christians insisted that their religious marriage, in contrast to the secular union, should only be between different sexes. I think they should be allowed to define their own rituals in such ways, at least when it is hardly damaging, even if it is "discriminatory" or "bigoted" or "ridiculously ass-backwards". I mean, let them have their silly, archaic rituals and enjoy seeing them drive away their member mass in the process. If they want to cling to outdated ideas then by all means. The problem for me, as an atheist, is of course that christianity is continuously dragged screaming and kicking forwards into modern times. I would very much prefer if we just left it back in the dark ages with rapidly dwindling member mass a result. Why do we take it upon ourselves to modernize something that should rather be taken behind the shed and shot?

You seem to believe that marriage is exclusively 'christian'!

• Like 1

Not really. It was made one of the sacraments in the 12th century. But marriage of course predates Christianity and exists in societies untouched by Christianity which suggests it is something that is inherent to mankind, owing its origins to human prehistory.

Not really. It was made one of the sacraments in the 12th century. But marriage of course predates Christianity and exists in societies untouched by Christianity which suggests it is something that is inherent to mankind, owing its origins to human prehistory.

a sacrament dating back to the 12th century, defined as the relationship between a man and a woman. for centuries, that's 100's of years for those keeping score.

then suddenly....

I don't think so, but nice try

Edited by shades

a sacrament dating back to the 12th century, defined as the relationship between a man and a woman. for centuries, that's 100's of years for those keeping score.

then suddenly....

900 years of bollocks and then people return to their senses.
  • Like 1

then suddenly....

If it's been going on for a long time, it must be right.