Same Sex Marriage Legal in all US States

Słash

This is a terrible day for the United States. This not a good thing. Dudes marrying Dudes. Teaching our children this is normal will be the biggest mistake in your lifetime.

What is this "normal" people speak of? Haven't met a "normal" person yet....

Define "normal"

Here come the tired arguments about marriage being for the purpose of procreation... In which case infertile people should have their marriages invalidated and women after the menopause should have their right to marry suspended.

This is a terrible day for the United States. This not a good thing. Dudes marrying Dudes. Teaching our children this is normal will be the biggest mistake in your lifetime.

Define "normal"

Here come the tired arguments about marriage being for the purpose of procreation... In which case infertile people should have their marriages invalidated and women after the menopause should have their right to marry suspended.
And there should also be some form of punishment for fertile couples who choose not to procreate.

It's not like gay people choose to be gay, I mean who would choose that for themselves? ( a lifetime of dealing with bigotry, discrimination etc)

While not "natural" as in normal, homosexuality occurs naturally...it's just an abberation really, like albinos or lefties :shrugs:

• Like 1

Define "normal"

And there should also be some form of punishment for fertile couples who choose not to procreate.

IS ETERNAL DAMNATION AND BURNING IN HELL NOT ENOUGH OF A PUNISHMENT FOR YOU??? SINNERS REPENT!

I recall when France voted Gay marriage two years ago.

People predicted hell on earth, the collapse of the family unit as we know it ( which is working so well with straight couples btw... ) and a civil war. Literally, they did, it was funny shit...

Now that nothing happened, nobody cares about it anymore.

My opinion ? If someone is dumb enough to get married, then he deserves to get married :lol:

If your child is gay, then yes, it is "normal".
I live how so many of these fucknuggets think that acceptance of gay marriage will suddenly make everybody gay.

Except for them of course. Because God.

The Bible is silly?

So we part ways at the very beginning of a lot of conversation then.

What I find ironic is religion is being trampled on more and more by the same lot that say I'm trampling on their "rights" to change institutions because a small segment of the population says so.

The further you drift away from God the harder it is to recognize such hypocritical thought.

but to each his own, not saying it's wrong to be gay, that's for God to judge. But I have an opinion on it.

I even offered you should have civil union rights that make you 100% equal. So not sure where you pick up I'm anti gay.

But you cant be married, that's just silly.

The fact that there are still people like you in existence in 2015 baffles me.

Last year I was butt-hurt and drunk and didn't care/was down & really really drunk, probably been spiked too - and I was with my mixed race lesbian sister (who adopted me as her kin) and... We were in Brixton outside the KFC there in the middle of the night; enroute from Soho - Thornton Heath, and pissed off/upset/everything, I was like 'THE WHITE MAN IS THE NEW hooray for tolerance!!' 'I DON'T CARE, YOU SEE A HOMELESS GUY SLEEPING ON THE STREET, CHANCES ARE IT'S A WHITE GUY! not amused or having any b/s anyone tried to present panhandling or; whatever! Brixton just made me want to fight because I was't having any of it. - I was just vexed going on about how the white man's the new hooray for tolerance!. :lol:

:lol: and instead of getting on our bus, she pulled me on to the first bus out of there, :), she's great, has my back.

I digress; Historical day for America. - Didn't see it coming yet.

I think this sums this topic up nicely. Thank you for sharing, Snake-Pit.

• Like 1

I'll not hear a word against Pastor Dr Martin Ssempa, he's a G :lol:

He's done research ;)
According to research *shocked voice* they use gadgets! :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0LsTSbaWGI

Watch that, its comedy gold! When he starts waving that banana around 'this is a mans genitals!' :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Totally indifferent. Obviously doesn't affect me on a personal level. But I've never had a problem with it, and never understood why it took us this long to have the mentality of "who cares? It's not like I have to marry someone of the same sex. Let 'em have at it". It really took us to 2015? :facepalm:.

My only issue with gay marriage, and gay people in general is now it's getting to the point where accepting is not enough, and now people are kinda treated like assholes for not *celebrating* it too. But I guess we can save that for next time...

• Like 1

Shades started to insult people, which in turn resulted in him being insulted back. Just look at his replies to axlslash. Axlslash made genuine attempts to debate this issue in an intelligent way, and all he got back was the standard "liberal pinko commie" insults.

Edited by Lithium

Shades started to insult people, which in turn resulted in him being insulted back. Just look at his replies to axlslash. Axlslash made genuine attempts to debate this issue in an intelligent way, and all he got back was the standard "liberal pinko commie" insults.

Exactly.

Downzy even said, the issue isn't necessarily the insults. It's that shades used insults with no substantive argument. It's OK to take a jab at another if you're engaged in thoughtful/intelligent debate, it happens all the time on here. But when you sling insults without substance........

You can't deny shades' style of argument is effective though. I mean, he never loses.

Shades makes an assertion.

Someone else deconstructs that assertion with a reply several paragraphs in length.

Shades dismisses the reply, does not actively engage with any of the points and implies that his opponent is mentally deficient in some capacity.

Shades 1, Gay rights, 0.

• Like 2