Same Sex Marriage Legal in all US States

Słash

I encourage anyone who has an issue with my style of moderation to please send me a PM on the matter.

What not to do is write a several paragraph post on the matter that will only sidetrack the topic of conversation, especially if you have not contributed one post on the topic.

I'm so happy for the gays. Getting married is a secret thing and I think everyone who is in love should be able to get legally married.

I'm so glad the US government took this vote out of the hands of the states, because most of the southern states would never have approved gay marriage.

Now the gays can pay higher taxes like the rest of us and get medical coverage with their husbands/wives and can legally be with them in sickness and in health.

This is a proud day for America and for all Americans.

What bothers me the most about this decision is that the SCOTUS has apparently decided that its role is now to determine the intent of the law, rather than to determine if the law itself is actually constitutional or not. This far exceeds the Marbury versus Madison decision, and changes the court's scope from judicial review to quasi legislating ability.So one extra person voting on a panel to make the vote 5-4 for gay marriage overrules 300 million people in the country. Maybe we should start a new country.

Might wanna ask those 300 million people because last I heard the majority agreed.

not sure where you "heard" that, but there are other channels besides CNN just so you know

trust me, you put it to a private vote and it gets shot down everywhere but the two loony states

Maine and Minnesota voted to legalize it by popular vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Question_1,_2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Amendment_1

I'm so happy for the gays. Getting married is a secret thing and I think everyone who is in love should be able to get legally married.

I'm so glad the US government took this vote out of the hands of the states, because most of the southern states would never have approved gay marriage.

Now the gays can pay higher taxes like the rest of us and get medical coverage with their husbands/wives and can legally be with them in sickness and in health.

I love how you call em 'the gays' :lol:

• Like 2

Yay Pride.

Had a rainbow guitar strap, took a guitar to Soho before work - I also took my maracas, had my fun, took wore a hippie witchy hoody vintage Witchfest 2010, a cool stoner tshirt I either bought at a charity shop or a thrift shop - used, and I ripped my Tesco jeans dancing with a girl tonight too... :lol: - I just took it as pride day; Gay, Straight, Lesbian, Guitarist, Stoner - Whatever; like Diversity Day 'or whatever.'

Didn't get drunk like I did last year, still this year was fun. :) but there I was at the street party with my guitar just playing.

I even got a sticker on my guitar today too.

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 2

daffyd-poster-little.jpg

Yay Pride.

Had a rainbow guitar strap, took a guitar to Soho before work - I also took my maracas, had my fun, took wore a hippie witchy hoody vintage Witchfest 2010, a cool stoner tshirt I either bought at a charity shop or a thrift shop - used, and I ripped my Tesco jeans dancing with a girl tonight too... :lol: - I just took it as pride day; Gay, Straight, Lesbian, Guitarist, Stoner - Whatever; like Diversity Day 'or whatever.'

Didn't get drunk like I did last year, still this year was fun. :) but there I was at the street party with my guitar just playing.

I even got a sticker on my guitar today too.

'gay, straight, lesbian, stoner' wait a second now! Me smoking weed marginalises me to a social group with some kind of parrallel with the gay community, hows that work?!? :lol:

Why does God make gay people then

same reason he makes everyone else, to live and be happy, love whom they want.

and if because of mans stupid rules and regulations on inheritances, hospital visitations, property ownerships, etc they see the need to forma civil union to adhere then

I' all for it.

but

you can't redefine an institution because 6 liberal judges have lost their sense of duty.

You can though look http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jun/26/gay-marriage-legal-supreme-court

Sorry I didn't mean to say it that way. That's wrong. I'm just happy for them and since Friday, so many marriages have been celebrated for so many gays who have waited so long. Good for them. Love is love.

She probably still calls black people "them colored folk".

She probably still calls black people "them colored folk".

No she used the word 'blacks' in the past.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't mean to say it that way. That's wrong. I'm just happy for them and since Friday, so many marriages have been celebrated for so many gays who have waited so long. Good for them. Love is love.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just think it sounds funny :lol:

Homosexuality is the gateway for paedophilia.

There are plenty of paedophiles who assault children of the opposite gender, so that's pretty much the equivalent of saying "heterosexuality is the gateway for paedophilia" or "sexuality is the gateway for paedophilia". Which is blatantly a load of shite.

Homosexuality is the gateway for paedophilia.

There are plenty of paedophiles who assault children of the opposite gender, so that's pretty much the equivalent of saying "heterosexuality is the gateway for paedophilia" or "sexuality is the gateway for paedophilia". Which is blatantly a load of shite.

I think he was poking fun at the lunatics with that statement. I hope........