DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Axl has a ton of material in the can according to DJ so why not release some of while he puts the next gen NuGuns back together?

Ashba said in a 2014 talk with Legendary Rock Interviews that the band had both recording and touring plans in 2015. He revealed, "We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best GUNS N' ROSES record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff."

Ashba added: "Axl has two full albums that he has recorded. He has played me a bunch of songs off of that that are incredible! I can't wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I've written tons of songs and demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in and sifting through the piles of material."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-quits-guns-n-roses/#z7Jz5YT3tF4EZE4r.99

Axl has a ton of material in the can according to DJ so why not release some of while he puts the next gen NuGuns back together?

Ashba said in a 2014 talk with Legendary Rock Interviews that the band had both recording and touring plans in 2015. He revealed, "We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best GUNS N' ROSES record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff."

Ashba added: "Axl has two full albums that he has recorded. He has played me a bunch of songs off of that that are incredible! I can't wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I've written tons of songs and demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in and sifting through the piles of material."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-quits-guns-n-roses/#z7Jz5YT3tF4EZE4r.99

DUDE he said the same thing in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Reunion would be a disaster since the music Slash records now days is mediocre at best. A reunion is more endless touring, a new album that will take years to create if it ever comes out, or Slash fucking with the music already recorded for CD II.

Slash's music wouldn't be the reason for a reunion being a disaster. Axl would fuck it up. Oh and Chinese Democracy is way worse than Slash's songs.

• Like 2

I really felt that DJ was our best shot at getting Axl motivated to actually do something. I've been a GnR fan from the beginning and have still had hopes of seeing something come to fruition. Sadly, I think it's all over. Although, DJ was often criticized unfairly on here, he was extremely motivated, hard working and I think quite talented. He also had great stage presence and seemed to have Axls support. We'd all rather the original members stayed together, but the reality of that happening is very slim. The last 6 hrs have been the most stable and probably the best chance for the band to actually contribute. I think we have to come to terms that Axl has screwed up another opportunity. Even when he has total control and all the say so, he still can't get anything done. I've always supported him, but in all honesty, there is no one else left to blame

Edited by yourcrazy
  • Like 1

Reunion would be a disaster since the music Slash records now days is mediocre at best. A reunion is more endless touring, a new album that will take years to create if it ever comes out, or Slash fucking with the music already recorded for CD II.

Reunion would only be disaster cause of Axl. Who cares what any of them have done SINCE Guns. The bottom line is if you get them all up on stage to play the music they created, it'll be better than what we have now. To argue against that is pointless. The only real kicker would be Axl's vocals, but the original guys can play circles around the hired guns in this band. As they should, since its their material. Doesn't matter at all if they've made nothing of note since the breakup (which I don't believe, but just saying its got no relevance here).

What I find funniest is all the CD stuff people believe is out there. This isn't Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes that people knew existed. I'm sure stuff exists, but the amount that people are saying, continually repeating this unconfirmed "2 or 3 albums" statement, is laughable. At least with knew with Dylan's stuff there was 100 songs out there before they were officially released. People here seem to think 1. anyone would care if the CD sessions got released, and 2. that there's actually as much as they say. There isn't. Thats why its never been released. He's not Dylan that just doesn't release things. He's Axl Rose who continually lies about what the current situation is. Thats been the case since the late 80s.

Slash's music wouldn't be the reason for a reunion being a disaster. Axl would fuck it up. Oh and Chinese Democracy is way worse than Slash's songs.

CD is at least creative, something Slash hasn't been in decades. Axl still has potential to put out something great, Slash doesn't.

• Like 1

CD is at least creative, something Slash hasn't been in decades. Axl still has potential to put out something great, Slash doesn't.

No its not creative. It's a bunch of pop songs with shredding and layers of stupid noise. Slash's music is not my cup of tea but at least he's not pretentious.

• Like 1

No its not creative. It's a bunch of pop songs with shredding and layers of stupid noise. Slash's music is not my cup of tea but at least he's not pretentious.

I meant creative in that Axl was trying new approaches. Slash writes the same damn song again and again. I would rather he be pretentious than to put no effort in at all.

I see Amir, Alfie, Zozo looking at this thread, what are your thoughts if you haven't given.

I posted a few pages back

I wasn't the biggest DJ supporter but didn't hate him. I hated his tool'ness, social media output, clothing and look, and interviews but I liked his ability to put on a good show, work ethic, and he was nice to fans in person. He wasn't a good fit for GNR because of his image and attitude, though.

This is more a "wow" moment because if DJ quits, it shows Axl really doesn't give a shit and has no future with NuGNR. DJ was supposedly the most loyal member that Axl really seemed to like performing with. Guys like Fortus, Pitman, and Frank don't seem to care as much about the creative part because they are literally hired guns. They are session musicians that landed the ultimate gig and they are happy with that. Guys like Ron and DJ aren't satisfied with that, they want to make music. So, its clear he left because GNR gives him nothing creatively. There was NEVER an opportunity for a new album with the 2009-2014 lineup, and a ChiDem 2 with DJ was just as unlikely for whatever reason. Its annoying to see yet another member jump ship, as annoying as DJ was, he grew into his shoes a bit and with him and Ron gone, what the hell is the point of all this?

The options of this "band" are this-

A. Continue onward. Find more replacements and continue on a la the "Nine Inch Nails" method, where the lineup is always a revolving door around Axl. Do more nostalgia tours so people can just hear Axl sing classic GNR songs and a few token ChiDem songs. The only way material would surface in this scenario would be through leaks or an online bonus thing where they casually release "The General", "Atlas", etc.

B. Do nothing, hang up the hat and admit GNR isn't worth it anymore. Maybe Axl can do some guest spots on records and random live performances. Maybe he can do a solo thing. Whatever.

C. Suck it up and reunite with at least Slash and Duff. If Izzy and Matt/Steven are on board, great. This is probably just as unlikely as ever for a number of reasons. It would essentially be "admitting defeat" in Axl's eyes. It would mean all those years as forging on as GNR as the last man standing would be for nothing. Ironically, this is the move that would help Axl's reputation the most. I know people also say Slash and co. wouldn't do it because they are busy with side projects, but I honestly think they'd all be on board in a heartbeat. Including Slash. I love The Conspirators, but we have had 2 albums and an endless tour with them for years. Putting his solo band on the backburner for GNR would be no big deal. Unfortunatly, I still don't see Axl going for a tour. New music would also be difficult. I doubt Slash would be keen on this unless they did an album and we all know how Axl is on new music. The ChiDem session songs also wouldn't see the light of day, but they probably never will anyways.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

I see Amir, Alfie, Zozo looking at this thread, what are your thoughts if you haven't given.

I wasn't the biggest DJ supporter but didn't hate him. I hated his tool'ness, social media output, clothing and look, and interviews but I liked his ability to put on a good show, work ethic, and he was nice to fans in person. He wasn't a good fit for GNR because of his image and attitude, though.

This is more a "wow" moment because if DJ quits, it shows Axl really doesn't give a shit and has no future with NuGNR. DJ was supposedly the most loyal member that Axl really seemed to like performing with. Guys like Fortus, Pitman, and Frank don't seem to care as much about the creative part because they are literally hired guns. They are session musicians that landed the ultimate gig and they are happy with that. Guys like Ron and DJ aren't satisfied with that, they want to make music. So, its clear he left because GNR gives him nothing creatively. There was NEVER an opportunity for a new album with the 2009-2014 lineup, and a ChiDem 2 with DJ was just as unlikely for whatever reason. Its annoying to see yet another member jump ship, as annoying as DJ was, he grew into his shoes a bit and with him and Ron gone, what the hell is the point of all this?

A. Continue onward. Find more replacements and continue on a la the "Nine Inch Nails" method, where the lineup is always a revolving door around Axl. Do more nostalgia tours so people can just hear Axl sing classic GNR songs and a few token ChiDem songs. The only way material would surface in this scenario would be through leaks or an online bonus thing where they casually release "The General", "Atlas", etc.

B. Do nothing, hang up the hat and admit GNR isn't worth it anymore. Maybe Axl can do some guest spots on records and random live performances. Maybe he can do a solo thing. Whatever.

C. Suck it up and reunite with at least Slash and Duff. If Izzy and Matt/Steven are on board, great. This is probably just as unlikely as ever for a number of reasons. It would essentially be "admitting defeat" in Axl's eyes. It would mean all those years as forging on as GNR as the last man standing would be for nothing. Ironically, this is the move that would help Axl's reputation the most. I know people also say Slash and co. wouldn't do it because they are busy with side projects, but I honestly think they'd all be on board in a heartbeat. Including Slash. I love The Conspirators, but we have had 2 albums and an endless tour with them for years. Putting his solo band on the backburner for GNR would be no big deal. Unfortunatly, I still don't see Axl going for a tour. New music would also be difficult. I doubt Slash would be keen on this unless they did an album and we all know how Axl is on new music. The ChiDem session songs also wouldn't see the light of day, but they probably never will anyways.

I don't see Slash ever putting himself in a position where he is waiting around for two hours every night while Axl decides if he can be arsed to go on stage or not again.

I don't see Slash ever putting himself in a position where he is waiting around for two hours every night while Axl decides if he can be arsed to go on stage or not again.

To be fair, Axl's lateness is nothing like the UYI days. Especially from 2011 onwards

I wouldn't take Slash's current solo songs over any unreleased CD material..that's just the way it is. I'm not saying he hasn't got any good songs but the CD stuff has more depth & imagination in my opinion.

I wouldn't take Slash's current solo songs over any unreleased CD material..that's just the way it is. I'm not saying he hasn't got any good songs but the CD stuff has more depth & imagination in my opinion.

You havent even heard the unreleased material and you are making conclusions out of thin air

You havent even heard the unreleased material and you are making conclusions out of thin air

I'm just going off CD for now.