DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

They don't have to love each other, they just have to get onstage and play the music they played together.

But Axl doesn't want to play with Slash. He's not interested in getting up on stage and do anything with Slash, so why would he do that? especially if he thinks it has the potential to damage whatever he's trying to accomplish with new Guns.

Is that even possible right now? Axl could do a duet with Cliff Richard right now and his stock could not plummet lower.

Yes, very much so. It would be admitting defeat, it will also probably mean fans not interested in seeing new Guns live anymore after they've witnessed Slash and Axl together on the same stage again. Don't be naive. The very existence of new Guns will be questioned and the validity of keeping the new line up together after Slash and Axl have performed even one show will be gone in the eyes of many.

Edited by Rovim

Now come on dudes..lets stay on topic. With DJ gone..just put Fortus in a lead spot and get somebody to replace Bumble like a Nick Sterling or John Five.

I think John 5 would never leave Rob Zombie. Those guys are a match made in Heaven. And personally, I think, John 5 is much, much better off with Zombie. Releasing albums and doing soundtrack stuff with him, relesing solo albums, touring the world.

If Axl decides to do something ever again, I hope it's either reunion or going solo. Or getting Robin back.

Now come on dudes..lets stay on topic. With DJ gone..just put Fortus in a lead spot and get somebody to replace Bumble like a Nick Sterling or John Five.

I think John 5 would never leave Rob Zombie. Those guys are a match made in Heaven. And personally, I think, John 5 is much, much better off with Zombie. Releasing albums and doing soundtrack stuff with him, relesing solo albums, touring the world.

If Axl decides to do something ever again, I hope it's either reunion or going solo. Or getting Robin back.

True, true. Maybe Axl could do a Trent and work on movie scores.

all the bullshit aside, I don't understand people who say Ashba left in such a lovely way.

I mean, sure, a handwritten letter, yay. 3 pages, pencil and a copy book.

A letter which actually says a whole lotta jackshit diddly squat about why and when.

Bumblefoot have said -THE SAME- things 100 times more in his multiple interviews over the last couple of months

not a BAD word this guy said (Ron)

and I think he didn't officially said "It's over" bikoz he gave the band an ultimatum - 1 yr of his life for GNR, 1 yr off (or similar) - and now he's gotta get his 1-2 years off and he's gonna choose the replecement , his new sidekick.

I did prefer Ballad of death or Mi Amor than that weird "solo" Robin played before Paradise city in 2006. Robin's work in CD was really good, I assume in CD 2 also there would be great stuff, but when it came to playing the Classic GNR songs, his tone wasn't correct.

I'd have a bit more respect for Ashba if he'd shoot about his time in GnR and tell the dirt about what really happened, and if these "multiple albums recorded" lines given in interviews are actually real

I'd have a bit more respect for Ashba if he'd shoot about his time in GnR and tell the dirt about what really happened, and if these "multiple albums recorded" lines given in interviews are actually real

I agree. It only like a year ago he stating "Axl's got some great stuff up his sleeves" I'm assuming he meant material and not a hanky.

4. No spring chicken

I really believe the reunion would destroy the fond memories, like sleeping with your ex when you're both 50 and realizing she her ass ain't 20 no mo and it's best to spank the monkey watching them old photos.

Thats one of the funnier things I've read all day. And its very possible thats true.

All I'll say is I think it could work because we know the other guys, and we also know Axl. We know Duff and Slash and those guys don't really do things they aren't into. Yeah, Slash has done the Super Bowl and some reality show stuff, but on a whole the guy is committed to the music. I truly don't think he'd lower himself to doing GNR for the wrong reasons. I think the only way he'd return is if it was done right, and WASN'T a cash grab, and he's said as much, same as Duff and others have and I believe them. They don't need it, but they'd do it if it were the right circumstance because they realize its impact.

The only person that would do it for the money and the wrong reasons is Axl, and I don't believe he would either because his stance for the last 30 years is that he does things his way on his own terms. For him to all of a sudden reduce himself to doing a reunion as a "cashgrab" IMO would be hard to believe. He milks the GNR name currently for cash, but he does it on his own terms and far against what many THINK he should do. So he's doing his own "cash grab" if that makes sense so that his integrity (in his head) is still there. I firmly believe if the original guys got back together they would play great (I mean we've seen how Duff, Matt and Slash play together and they are damn good at it) and I firmly believe Axl would step it up for a reunion, because he'd have to. He'd still be the weak link, but a combination of the original musicians playing the songs and Axl probably getting into shape would make for an acceptable tour. I find it hard to believe a reunion would be a trainwreck, mainly cause I don't think Slash would participate in a trainwreck of that proportion. It would only be a trainwreck if Axl makes it a trainwreck, in which case I believe Slash would leave.

Even though Ashba has left and is concentrating on Sixx Am, I hope in the future he still does some work the other members, even though none of them were friends, but they have the respect for each other, it would be cool to see Ashba and Duff doing something or Ashba and Slash.

Axl has a ton of material in the can according to DJ so why not release some of while he puts the next gen NuGuns back together?

Ashba said in a 2014 talk with Legendary Rock Interviews that the band had both recording and touring plans in 2015. He revealed, "We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best GUNS N' ROSES record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff."

Ashba added: "Axl has two full albums that he has recorded. He has played me a bunch of songs off of that that are incredible! I can't wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I've written tons of songs and demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in and sifting through the piles of material."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-quits-guns-n-roses/#z7Jz5YT3tF4EZE4r.99

DUDE he said the same thing in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

True enough but it does not mean it is not true. Others in the band have also said Axl had stuff ready for release so why not put it out?;

Axl has a ton of material in the can according to DJ so why not release some of while he puts the next gen NuGuns back together?

Ashba said in a 2014 talk with Legendary Rock Interviews that the band had both recording and touring plans in 2015. He revealed, "We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best GUNS N' ROSES record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff."

Ashba added: "Axl has two full albums that he has recorded. He has played me a bunch of songs off of that that are incredible! I can't wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I've written tons of songs and demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in and sifting through the piles of material."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-quits-guns-n-roses/#z7Jz5YT3tF4EZE4r.99

DUDE he said the same thing in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

True enough but it does not mean it is not true. Others in the band have also said Axl had stuff ready for release so why not put it out?;

Well only Mr. Rose can answer that question.