DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Are you referring to the instagram post? I didn't get the reference. The body putting the skull back on the head....what is it meant to mean?

No, I don't know what that post meant and also don't think it referred to Ashba. I think he just posted it. I just mean that Slash reaching out now when Axl is at his lowest could make Axl even angrier than he's been at him because in the end, Axl's career is relatively done and quiet whereas Slash seems very happy. Its like an old friend reaching out thats doing great to one thats living on the streets and saying "hows it going?"

Slash reaching out in what way? So its wrong for Slash to have a good solo career? Axl could have done many things, its his own fault and don't worry, Axl doesn't cares. He is living in his big mansion, he has the GNR name, the dude owns a Ferrari, so he is FAR from living on the streets.

I've seen all the legends of rock perform altho they are older now when I saw them but Axl had the best presence out of all of them. He is prob the third best concert I've been to and that is only because I saw legends Tina Turner and Led Zep in 2007. I'm saying this because it is clear that we can't judge Axl like any other normal bandleader coz he is not. His extreme perfectionism and insecurity has got to the point that his best friend and ally in the band, DJ, is even leaving. Altho I don't think Ashba is a very good guitarist, Axl has appeared the happiest on tour since this guy came into the band and they get on well. I sympathise with Ashba because I think her really though he was making an album with Gnr. His material prob wasn't good enough and Axl has very high standards. However I think it's time t=for Axl to put aside the perfectionism, and just release average stuff for his own mental health and to just get writing again!

Axl is far from a perfectionist. Just listen to CD and take a look at its booklet. A perfectionist would never release that Vegas DVD without rerecording vocals either.

Didn't Axl say that the album was rush released before he could finish the booket? I didn't even know a Vegas Dvd was released. Is it avail in shops and Amazon? So he released a concert dvd with no promotion? Sorry Haven't been on here in awhile.

I would recommend NOT to buy it, he sounds Awful, this is one of the clips from the DVD

nk

Thanks, clearly his rasp and power has diminished over the years as he was not using a good technique to begin with. He could force it when he was younger but now his voice is just not going to hold up. He is a natural baritone and his voice on the versus of Patience and don't cry is still good. I wish he would use that part of his voice more often. He has a great natural voice without all that put on rasp!

His voice was pretty good in the 2010 shows, his voice did get better in 2014, but he was a disaster in 2011 and 2012

"...I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band Sixx:A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me. I have always been driven by my passion for creating music and Sixx:A.M. has always been a place where I can express myself honestly and share that passion with my two brothers and bandmates, Nikki Sixx and James Michael..."

It seems clear that for the creative spirits in GNR, depending on Axl for releases and not being able to function as a band has got to a point where they feel completely shackled and unable to do what they want to do: make music and release it.

It's sad. So much music that has already been recorded and that will never be released for whatever reason (not being up to Axl's standards? The label not willing to release it? Axl not giving a fuck? A reunion on the works?)... Bumblefoot wanted to make music, so he left (or so it seems). Ashba... same thing. Finck also left cause there was nothing happening. So we have Fortus who will stay as long as the money keeps coming and Dizzy who seems to be loyal to Axl because if it wasn't for him, he would have never made it anywhere.

I stopped expecting anything from GN'R a while ago, but it's still painful and sad to see the whole thing slowly falling apart.

At this point I think the best that could happen is break up the band once and for all. I would still like to hear new music from Axl (maybe as a new band, or as a solo artist), but I don't expect anything.

Why does Axl keep hiring guitar players who love creating new music.........if he has no interest in creating and sharing new music with his millions of fans?

I think he does have the interest... he just keeps undermining himself.

This. Axl has major issues and he's never dealt with them it appears. I truly believe if you asked him he would love to release new music but again so many mental issues/lack of confidence. It is surprising on one level coz I thought Dj's energy and enthuasism would rub off on Axl but again that shows you how cut off he is from positive energy. It's very sad as he is one the greatest frontman/songwriters of all time.

Now that's the last thing I would have expected.

Even though I didn't like DJ's attitude and stupid social media habits, him leaving can only block things (that is, if anything was in motion).

Plus another guitarist going? The list is endless...

Are you referring to the instagram post? I didn't get the reference. The body putting the skull back on the head....what is it meant to mean?

No, I don't know what that post meant and also don't think it referred to Ashba. I think he just posted it. I just mean that Slash reaching out now when Axl is at his lowest could make Axl even angrier than he's been at him because in the end, Axl's career is relatively done and quiet whereas Slash seems very happy. Its like an old friend reaching out thats doing great to one thats living on the streets and saying "hows it going?"

Slash reaching out in what way? So its wrong for Slash to have a good solo career? Axl could have done many things, its his own fault and don't worry, Axl doesn't cares. He is living in his big mansion, he has the GNR name, the dude owns a Ferrari, so he is FAR from living on the streets.

I think for a reconciliation to happen between them, it can't be motivated by a reunion. It just has to be Slash really making an effort to call or just wish him well in some way (he has said happy birthday, but I mean really making amends, since Axl won't do it first). But I think the best time for that is while they were both happy. Slash still is, but Axl obviously won't be now. In his messed up head, he could see the current disintegration as Slash's fault for not sticking by him 20 years ago. Obviously its good Slash has a fine solo career and its not Slash's fault that Axl kept the name and went nowhere with it. I'm just saying I could see it being hard for them to reconnect now, since Axl could perceive it as Slash thinking he's above him, or wondering why he waited till Axl no longer has his "right hand man" and see it as more beneficial to Slash than him.

I don't know. I don't know how they think. I'm just saying as odd as it sounds, I could see this only making Axl more bitter in the future and never truly getting over the Slash thing, like he should and how everyone else has.

I've seen all the legends of rock perform altho they are older now when I saw them but Axl had the best presence out of all of them. He is prob the third best concert I've been to and that is only because I saw legends Tina Turner and Led Zep in 2007. I'm saying this because it is clear that we can't judge Axl like any other normal bandleader coz he is not. His extreme perfectionism and insecurity has got to the point that his best friend and ally in the band, DJ, is even leaving. Altho I don't think Ashba is a very good guitarist, Axl has appeared the happiest on tour since this guy came into the band and they get on well. I sympathise with Ashba because I think her really though he was making an album with Gnr. His material prob wasn't good enough and Axl has very high standards. However I think it's time t=for Axl to put aside the perfectionism, and just release average stuff for his own mental health and to just get writing again!

Axl is far from a perfectionist. Just listen to CD and take a look at its booklet. A perfectionist would never release that Vegas DVD without rerecording vocals either.

Didn't Axl say that the album was rush released before he could finish the booket? I didn't even know a Vegas Dvd was released. Is it avail in shops and Amazon? So he released a concert dvd with no promotion? Sorry Haven't been on here in awhile.

I would recommend NOT to buy it, he sounds Awful, this is one of the clips from the DVD

nk

Thanks, clearly his rasp and power has diminished over the years as he was not using a good technique to begin with. He could force it when he was younger but now his voice is just not going to hold up. He is a natural baritone and his voice on the versus of Patience and don't cry is still good. I wish he would use that part of his voice more often. He has a great natural voice without all that put on rasp!

His voice was pretty good in the 2010 shows, his voice did get better in 2014, but he was a disaster in 2011 and 2012

He was good in 2012 when I saw him but at times his voice was buried in the mix(I presume on purpose?) He performed "there was a time" when I saw him in 2012 and his voice was very powerful on the end screams of "I would do anything for you". It shows he can still do the rasp and picks and chooses where to do but he can't do it consistently over a 2 hour concert as it wears out his voice now. Even with training I don't think he could consistently belt a 2 hour concert or maybe he has voice damage.

Edited by Janis

I think for a reconciliation to happen between them, it can't be motivated by a reunion. It just has to be Slash really making an effort to call or just wish him well in some way (he has said happy birthday, but I mean really making amends, since Axl won't do it first). But I think the best time for that is while they were both happy. Slash still is, but Axl obviously won't be now. In his messed up head, he could see the current disintegration as Slash's fault for not sticking by him 20 years ago. Obviously its good Slash has a fine solo career and its not Slash's fault that Axl kept the name and went nowhere with it. I'm just saying I could see it being hard for them to reconnect now, since Axl could perceive it as Slash thinking he's above him, or wondering why he waited till Axl no longer has his "right hand man" and see it as more beneficial to Slash than him.

I don't know. I don't know how they think. I'm just saying as odd as it sounds, I could see this only making Axl more bitter in the future and never truly getting over the Slash thing, like he should and how everyone else has.

How are you coming to the conclusion that Slash will call him and say that HEY HIRE ME CAUSE ASHBA LEFT. Slash won't do that, Axl and Ashba were not the best buddies, many people have left GNR, its a common thing now. Slash is his happy in his own life and Im sure Axl is also enjoying his own life.

How are you coming to the conclusion that Slash will call him and say that HEY HIRE ME CAUSE ASHBA LEFT. Slash won't do that, Axl and Ashba were not the best buddies, many people have left GNR, its a common thing now. Slash is his happy in his own life and Im sure Axl is also enjoying his own life.
Can you read what you quoted? It's not what he posted at all.

Im just pointing out the fact that its a common thing in Axl's band for members to leave, it doesn't bothers Axl that much cause all of them are hired on a legal contract, I won't go in more details regarding this thing.

Sorry, I mis-read your initial post as if Slash had actually just reached out today.

This should be the best news about Guns in a long time but instead it's just further confirmation that absolutely nothing is happening with the band right now. Like others have said, if DJ can't get new music out of Axl then nobody can.

Don't have time to read through the 17 pages of comments prior to mine, but I am very happy about this. I never liked DJ in this band and although this setback means we probably won't see GNR tour or (LOL) release new material anytime soon I am fine with it. I hope to see a noteworthy guitarist step up and play with the band, although with this track history I wonder if anyone of note will ever try to play alongside Axl ever again.

I will go on record once again saying that I think Billy Graziadei would be great to see in this band moving forward.

I picture a gnr audition similar to american idol. Pitman is the mean judge who critises everyone, beta is the nice judge who wants everyone to join, and tommy is the neutral judge who agrees with pitman constantly.

Dizzy greets and interviews everyone, meanwhile axl is on the otherside of the country in a bar watching the 5pm news.

• Like 4

Depends on your definition of "best buddies". JMO but out of all the NuGnR musicians he seemed, on the surface, the closest with Ashba. It was Ashba that was with him during the infamous Trunk interview so I am thinking they were pretty friendly.