DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Wasn't overly keen on his role in GN'R, but I can't blame the guy. He's a musician. He wants to make music. When you're in a band, you expect to be making music. If that doesn't happen, and you're just playing old songs written by other people, year in, year out, well, you've got to look at what options you've got. As it is, DJ's got other options. So, he did what he had to do.

Can't stand Ron's pussyfooting around, though. Is he in, is he out? Time to put pen to paper, dear Ron.

Ron Thal is a fucking coward. Jesus Christ.

To be fair Dj has Sixx A.M going on which is way more lucrative than Ron's solo carreer... that plus all his entrepreneur stuff.

He can afford quiting GN'R... I'm not so sure about Ron.

But if that isn't the reason why he still doesn't officially say he's out, then I agree... Ron's behaviour is awkwardly weird

Hooray!

But let's be serious a moment. This line SAYS IT ALL:

"I have always been driven by my passion for creating music and Sixx:A.M. has always been a place where I can express myself honestly"

Boom. There it is, plain as day, cleanly hidden amongst the face-saving sycophant verbiage about how much he loves Axl.

I actually have some respect for DJ now. Not from a creative standpoint, but from a human standpoint.

Now, compare this to how Ron has been behaving.

I've seen all the legends of rock perform altho they are older now when I saw them but Axl had the best presence out of all of them. He is prob the third best concert I've been to and that is only because I saw legends Tina Turner and Led Zep in 2007. I'm saying this because it is clear that we can't judge Axl like any other normal bandleader coz he is not. His extreme perfectionism and insecurity has got to the point that his best friend and ally in the band, DJ, is even leaving. Altho I don't think Ashba is a very good guitarist, Axl has appeared the happiest on tour since this guy came into the band and they get on well. I sympathise with Ashba because I think her really though he was making an album with Gnr. His material prob wasn't good enough and Axl has very high standards. However I think it's time t=for Axl to put aside the perfectionism, and just release average stuff for his own mental health and to just get writing again!

Lmfao @ Axl's perfectionism...and he already released average material in Chinese Democracy

"From the very first time I stepped on stage and started playing "Welcome To The Jungle," and felt the crowd erupt, I knew my life would never be the same. I'm not gonna lie...I was terrified!! But you were so accepting"

Well, we can now confirm 100% he's never seen this site...

:lol:

Edited by DeadSlash

1 album in over 20 yrs. Does DJ leaving really matter? Who cares?

Of all the Fake GNR fans in the world, I would bet that less of 0,1% cares at all. The ones who cares are just a handful forum people who still says that this version of the band is as relevant as the original band.

In a reunion, Slash won´t play songs from CD era, and IMO Axl won´t throw away 20 years of work just to get Slash back to play the same songs they used to play in the past. So, I think or we will see Robin/Bucket back or new guys to tour when the next album drops up. Because of course, do another tour after all this mess will be just stupid, but... this is axl´s guns n roses, so, meh

Lol 20 years of work :lol:

• Like 1

Boys and Girls with Ashba and Ron thal out of the band,the other boys sure will leave too,we have 2 options

1.Axl as the rumours said is retiring,that option has 70%

2.Axl and his camp shake hands with the original band and go for a full term reunion

the 3.Option is to rebuild gnr with a new pack of musicians but with all the info we have i doubt axl has the determination to do it again.

Axl Rose has completely and utterly failed post Slash. Anyone who even begins to argue that is deusional beyond words. When your most enthusiastic band member has had enough you need to take a good hard look in the mirror. Axl Rose is a joke.

The only thing left for Axl to do is beg Slash for a reunion or retire. In the last 20 years all Axl has accomplished is prove to the world without a shadow of a doubt that he NEEDS Slash. On the flip side Sash has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he does NOT need Axl.

Also to the Axl Fanboys or anyone out there who doesn't think the only logical course of action for Axl now is a reunion I have one question for you; What the fuck are you smoking? The ONLY thing left that can save Axl's career is a reunion with Slash because aside from that nobody gives a flying fuck about his pathetic attempt at being GNR

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

2015 has been a year of miracles. Shenmue III, a Jurassic Park sequel that, while not amazing, didn't suck big floppy donkey dick, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Kung Pow II, and now DJ Ashba quitting GNR.

An Axl/Slash reconciliation would be the best Xmas present ever. If not a full-blown reunion, then at least a couple of Slash tracks along with the Finck/Bucket stuff and a few guest spots on a tour. That way Slash can still do his own thing with SMK&C and not have to deal with hassles of being a full-time GNR member.

It WOULD be great news if he had been fired and replaced by someone semi-respectable. But as it stands, it's just another massive clusterfuck as per always with this band. Hardly cause for celebration, even for the most ardent of Ashba haters.

It WOULD be great news if he had been fired and replaced by someone semi-respectable. But as it stands, it's just another massive clusterfuck as per always with this band. Hardly cause for celebration, even for the most ardent of Ashba haters.

I'd rather there be no GNR than one with that #demented in it.