DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Ron is out.

Ron is OUT!!

RON IS OUT!!!!

How the fuck does anyone not get that yet. Even his last FB post, and his tweet yesterday....for Christ's sake..

He's out for now. It could very well stay that way, but I think there's still a chance Bumble will return in the future to help Axl out. Perhaps after a break he'll feel like doing it again and making some money in the process.

I think it will be a wise move to try and convince Bumble to return, if Axl ever manages to release CD ll.

Agreed. Ron's left the door open, but has made it clear he just wants some space from GN'R. I don't think he's fully, 100% forever out.

No one is fully, 100% forever out. So what?

Ron is out.

Ron is OUT!!

RON IS OUT!!!!

How the fuck does anyone not get that yet. Even his last FB post, and his tweet yesterday....for Christ's sake..

He's out for now. It could very well stay that way, but I think there's still a chance Bumble will return in the future to help Axl out. Perhaps after a break he'll feel like doing it again and making some money in the process.

I think it will be a wise move to try and convince Bumble to return, if Axl ever manages to release CD ll.

Agreed. Ron's left the door open, but has made it clear he just wants some space from GN'R. I don't think he's fully, 100% forever out.

I think it's safe to say Izzy, Steven and Slash are 100%, forever out, for example. It's like a relationship. There's a difference between a break and a breakup. Axl and BBF are on a break I think.

Ron is out.

Ron is OUT!!

RON IS OUT!!!!

I think it's safe to say Izzy, Steven and Slash are 100%, forever out, for example. It's like a relationship. There's a difference between a break and a breakup. Axl and BBF are on a break I think.

The same Izzy that has played with recent lineups.on multiple occasions? Uh...no.

Steven.....well, the fact is he's not a great drummer anymore and puts way too much stock in a full on reunion happening. I could still see him popping up for a couple of songs at a show.

Slash is the least likely of all, granted, but not an absolute imposssibility.

For those saying Axl is done and GN'R is over:

Was GN'R over for Axl when Steven was fired?

Was GN'R over for Axl when Izzy quit?

Was GN'R over for Axl when Slash quit?

Was GN'R over for Axl when Duff quit?
Was GN'R over for Axl when Josh Freese and Robin quit within months of each other?

Was GN'R over for Axl when Paul decided to take up residence in the Vault?

Was GN'R over for Axl when Buckethead quit?

Was GN'R over for Axl when Brain quit?

Was GN'R over for Axl when Robin quit?

Out of the band that wrote Chinese Democracy, by 2009, only Axl, Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman remained. And still Axl continued on.

• Like 1

Ron is out.

Ron is OUT!!

RON IS OUT!!!!

The same Izzy that has played with recent lineups.on multiple occasions? Uh...no.

Steven.....well, the fact is he's not a great drummer anymore and puts way too much stock in a full on reunion happening. I could still see him popping up for a couple of songs at a show.

Slash is the least likely of all, granted, but not an absolute imposssibility.

Izzy is not interested in doing a long tour. Playing a few shows here and there with your old buddies is not the same as joining a band. He didn't even join VR.

Axl seems to be very careful when it comes to Steven. he doesn't wanna risk getting dragged into law suits and he knows Steven is unstable.

The point is the chance of Bumble returning is so much greater compared to Slash coming back, and to a lesser extent Robin as well.

Edited by Rovim

Axl will juste hire 2 new guitarists and thats it, but I do have a feeling Robin coming back on a 2 year touring contract. His stuff is already recorded, if Axl calls him to the band to be a full time member and Re Record his own stuff again then he won't do it, but if they give him a 2 year contract just to tour, then im sure he will come back.

Is it not at all possible that Ashba departed because some deal was worked out behind the scenes?

Let's backtrack a bit here:

Bumblefoot was both unwilling, really, and unable, to talk about his status in the band. He seemed to be wanting the leave the door open; I think he even said he wasn't ready to close out that long of a chapter in his life.

We've heard rumors that Bumble and DJ didn't get along; that Bumble resented DJ being paid more etc and other things like that.

Is it possible that a condition of Bumble staying, was DJ leaving? And once Ashba's SIXX AM plans solidified - being on tour for the next tour years - some sort of deal was broken?

Is it possible that maybe behind the scenes, Robin or someone rejoined and Ashba was asked politely to resign? Not in any bitter way, but in a very amicable, mutually agreed split?

Is it possible DJ read this forum one day, was overwhelmed by the #bullies, and asked Axl if he could resign?

I don't think the band is being so much "dumped" by Ashba. I think there must've been some sort of mutual agreement, something behind the scenes we don't know of, for it to have been handled so publicly. When is the last time you remember any GN'R member saying they left publicly? Even when Robin left, he made no statement of it.

The last member to publicly they say they parted company with Guns was Slash - and we saw Axl's reaction to that: An angry, rambling fax.

DJ announces his departure and meanwhile Axl is writing snarky tweets about Snoop Dog - not seeming none too perturbed by it.

I think the band knew about it well in advance and it might even have been arranged on some level. There's more here than meets the eye.

Maybe that's what Fernando and his three hour meeting was about.

I told this one girl we 'broke up' and she still thinks we are together sometimes though?

Wayne?

• Like 2

Was GN'R over for Axl when Josh Freese and Robin quit within months of each other?

Out of the band that wrote Chinese Democracy, by 2009, only Axl, Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman remained. And still Axl continued on.

By the third list on the option, yes, at that point it was over for everyone.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Not for Axl though, evidently as he still went on with the GN'R name for another 20 years.

I'm saying if Izzy, Slash, Duff, Matt, etc all leaving couldn't make Axl give up, why should we think the departure of DJ Ashba is Axl's Waterloo?

• Like 1

Not for Axl though, evidently as he still went on with the GN'R name for another 20 years.

I'm saying if Izzy, Slash, Duff, Matt, etc all leaving couldn't make Axl give up, why should we think the departure of DJ Ashba is Axl's Waterloo?

There is no such thing as 'for Axl', there is one reality on planet earth, what happens happens and what doesnt happen doesn't and what happened was by the time Slash left was GnR was over. There are people in mental institutions who think they are gunners in WW2, that doesn't mean WW2 is still going on or that they are anything but bug-house vegetables.

I saw the 2001 line up live at the palace of auburn hills back in 2002. I saw that band perform, and it was not an amazing concert by stretch of the imagination. Both Buckethead and Finck were there. I can honestly say I saw them perform, and you know what, it was a borderline shitty concert, the 2011 show I saw was better. So let's end this being back finck and Buckethead Shit. Bring back slash and duff or just retire axl, that is all that is left.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

Bands are like teams. They are only successful if everyone has a team first attitude. No one is above the team. That's the problem with Axl. It's been the problem Since they recorded the Illusions. Axl thinks he is the team. It was telling in the podcast that Brain did. He said Axl came down and had them go thru 2 full rehearsals. Axl just watched. Very telling.....saying they're a band is like saying a drug dealer is a pharmacist.

Edited by Trin9498
  • Like 1

I can't be arsed to look but I wonder if Ashba will change the discography on his site to not include Guns records.

Looks like it's gone - it's already updated to feature his departure from GN'R in his bio:

Guns N’ Roses (2009-2015)

On March 23, 2009 Ashba was announced as the new lead guitarist of Guns N’ Roses. He first toured with the band as part of the Chinese Democracy Tour where on December 11, 2009 Guns N’ Roses played in Taiwan. You can check him out on the Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy DVD filmed in Las Vegas. On July 27th 2015 Dj announces his departure to focus full time on his band Sixx:A.M.

http://www.djashba.com/about.html

Edited by NicoRourke

Bands are like teams.

Yeah, and just like teams, members may leave and be replaced but the team is still the same team, although with a different lineup. Manchester United is still Manchester United despite the class of '92 having left. It might not be as glorious, we might not like it as much, but it is still Manchester United. You might go around saying it isn't, but that just makes you a moron.

I saw the 2001 line up live at the palace of auburn hills back in 2002. I saw that band perform, and it was not an amazing concert by stretch of the imagination. Both Buckethead and Finck were there. I can honestly say I saw them perform, and you know what, it was a borderline shitty concert, the 2011 show I saw was better. So let's end this being back finck and Buckethead Shit. Bring back slash and duff or just retire axl, that is all that is left.

Technically speaking you saw the 2002 line up! :takethat:

I think it's a possibility that Ashba was only ever hired for touring purposes. Now that touring is over maybe Axl is turning his attention to seriously putting out a new record. As for a reunion? Never say never, I truly believe that alot of the beef has died down.

I suppose time will tell what happens from here!

Bands are like teams.

Yeah, and just like teams, members may leave and be replaced but the team is still the same team, although with a different lineup. Manchester United is still Manchester United despite the class of '92 having left. It might not be as glorious, we might not like it as much, but it is still Manchester United. You might go around saying it isn't, but that just makes you a moron.

Which would make GnR the equivalent of Roy Keane getting rid of the class of 92 and hiring a bunch of keepie uppie experts from the streets of Venezeula to fill out the numbers. An interesting set up i agree but i think you could safely kiss the treble goodbye :lol:

I think it's a possibility that Ashba was only ever hired for touring purposes. Now that touring is over maybe Axl is turning his attention to seriously putting out a new record. As for a reunion? Never say never, I truly believe that alot of the beef has died down.

I suppose time will tell what happens from here!

At the time that he was hired a lot was made of his songwriting credentials