DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Arists don't get paid to play the Super Bowl so there's no money in that.

Oh, so there's no reason for him to do it. Axl is only motivated by easy money these days.

The people who perform the Super Bowl do alwys see a massive spike in album sales the following week though but I mean if Axl showed up with his mickey mouse voice I can't really see it being a benefit to them. In all honesty GnR would have more to lose than gain by playing the Super Bowl. You can't trust Axl on that huge of a world wide stage.

Starting out in small clubs with a dozen shows, 6 in LA and 6 in New York is the way to do it. Why anybody would want them to reunite on the Super Bowl or MTV and then go on to play stadiums and festivals immediately is beyond me. Where is your people's sense of nostalgia? Drop the fantasy that they would take over the world and envision them reuniting in a true GnR way. Plus why anybody would want the Slash and Axl reunion to be telecast for the entire world to see where we all know Axl will again fail in front of cameras is insane. Let them do it in an organic way by doing the club shows as warm ups, surprise everyone by dropping an album and then book the world tour ARENA shows. They don't need to be doing stadiums. Keep it real and don't over reach.

No reunion. The focus has to be on getting what music is left finished and released. A reunion means more endless touring and starting from scratch with new music, which means no new music is ever coming.

hahaha! Yeah because a reunion would set them back so much and derail all the momentum Axl has going for him. :facepalm:

Super Bowl 2016 reunion would be awesome. Just imagine a worldwide stream, all the world realizing at the same time that Axl and Slash are back.

Ah the SuperBowl possibility. It's been awhile since someone had brought that one up. Well, Axl will do anything for money these days, maybe his love for money will grow bigger than his hatred towards Slash.

Sounds good. If they started off with smaller venues or the same places they played when they started out and slowly worked there way into larger venues it would be cool I think though they would have to avoid large ramps because I'm not sure Slash & Axl could run up them anymore lol.

Bands don't play live at the Superbowl, anyhow. It's all pre-recorded except vocals. What's so great about that?

I agree, club shows working into arenas. Gotta build anticipation and chemistry, not blow your load and look sad.

Edited by Ant

Starting out in small clubs with a dozen shows, 6 in LA and 6 in New York is the way to do it. Why anybody would want them to reunite on the Super Bowl or MTV and then go on to play stadiums and festivals immediately is beyond me. Where is your people's sense of nostalgia? Drop the fantasy that they would take over the world and envision them reuniting in a true GnR way. Plus why anybody would want the Slash and Axl reunion to be telecast for the entire world to see where we all know Axl will again fail in front of cameras is insane. Let them do it in an organic way by doing the club shows as warm ups, surprise everyone by dropping an album and then book the world tour ARENA shows. They don't need to be doing stadiums. Keep it real and don't over reach.

No reunion. The focus has to be on getting what music is left finished and released. A reunion means more endless touring and starting from scratch with new music, which means no new music is ever coming.

hahaha! Yeah because a reunion would set them back so much and derail all the momentum Axl has going for him. :facepalm:

Yes it would. It's better to hope for whatever Axl's plans are now (if he has any) to come to fruition eventually, then to have to start the process all over again with a reunion.

Super Bowl 2016 reunion would be awesome. Just imagine a worldwide stream, all the world realizing at the same time that Axl and Slash are back.

Ah the SuperBowl possibility. It's been awhile since someone had brought that one up. Well, Axl will do anything for money these days, maybe his love for money will grow bigger than his hatred towards Slash.

The NFL is trying to force artists playing the Superbowl pay THEM a percentage of their post Super Bowl profits. So not only is there no pay, but you're losing money for the publicity. A GNR reunion would have enough publicity on its own to have no need to pay for more.

But god damn. Axl should just drop the band, release what is finished, and then go on to either be a hermit or make scores or whatever it is he was getting into. GNR is currently Axl, one guitar player, a bass player, drummer, keyboardist, and sound effects dude. This shit is done. It's over. Get that now 15 year old music out and everyone can move on.

Edited by Stro

Oh, so there's no reason for him to do it. Axl is only motivated by easy money these days.

Zero motives for him to do something without getting paid. He only cares about the money.

Some people on here with the idea that somehow there is still hope in releasing new music with a new lineup..

it's 2015.

pull your heads in and take this band for what it is.. it's a touring band living off it's former glory.. Axl has NO intention of releasing new music, getting the old band together, nothing like that.. and you don't need to be some insider to know this, again it's mid 2015..

you think axl is going to be assed finding two new guitarists?, MAYBE for another tour, but not to record and release new music, he's fucking too lazy and uninspired to do any of that anymore, he's lost the fight in him, he has no more desire to do it..

ashba left, purely for the same reason most of the people here bitch about.. he's not in a band that allows him to have creative input 110%.. while it might be a dream gig to play with gnr, it's still him covering other peoples songs and i respect that he's quit.. he's got enough chops to lay down his own music... he's better at doing that than covering slash's solos.. trust me!

BBA is full of shit.

If the whole group had disbanded why is the official GNR website running a contest for a phone call with Frank or Dizzy? Makes no sense.

Aye

At the end of the day, DJ is just another guitarist. It is no great shakes that he has left

Axl sees himself like a football team manager - people will come and go but the brand continues.

Maybe this was all part of the plan - remember that rumour after Duff toured with GNR that Axl was thinking of clearing house as he was sick of working with people who were only there for themselves??

Maybe this is Axl's passive aggressive way of doing it - rob the artist of his chance to create and he'll leave..

Its an absolutely shocking way to run your band, especially when he's utterly incapable of functioning as a lead singer in this era, but sure there you go.

Amazingly, I think we have just witnessed the first resignation letter to the fans in GNR's long shitty history of resignations...the black comedy is that about 3 fans appreciate his sentiment - the rest are fucking delighted as the letter confirms his departure!

Edited by Intercourse

Axl Rose has completely and utterly failed post Slash. Anyone who even begins to argue that is deusional beyond words. When your most enthusiastic band member has had enough you need to take a good hard look in the mirror. Axl Rose is a joke.

The only thing left for Axl to do is beg Slash for a reunion or retire. In the last 20 years all Axl has accomplished is prove to the world without a shadow of a doubt that he NEEDS Slash. On the flip side Sash has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he does NOT need Axl.

Also to the Axl Fanboys or anyone out there who doesn't think the only logical course of action for Axl now is a reunion I have one question for you; What the fuck are you smoking? The ONLY thing left that can save Axl's career is a reunion with Slash because aside from that nobody gives a flying fuck about his pathetic attempt at being GNR

Am I alone in not equating breaking up with DJ as "career failure"???

Axl Rose has completely and utterly failed post Slash. Anyone who even begins to argue that is deusional beyond words. When your most enthusiastic band member has had enough you need to take a good hard look in the mirror. Axl Rose is a joke.

The only thing left for Axl to do is beg Slash for a reunion or retire. In the last 20 years all Axl has accomplished is prove to the world without a shadow of a doubt that he NEEDS Slash. On the flip side Sash has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he does NOT need Axl.

Also to the Axl Fanboys or anyone out there who doesn't think the only logical course of action for Axl now is a reunion I have one question for you; What the fuck are you smoking? The ONLY thing left that can save Axl's career is a reunion with Slash because aside from that nobody gives a flying fuck about his pathetic attempt at being GNR

No but you'd be alone in thinking that's what was getting at. Seriously think about it. I'd have to be complete fucking moron to think DJ quitting GnR is the deciding factor in judging Axl's career post Slash as a failure. So again no you wouldn't be alone but you would most definitely be alone if what you took from my post is me equating DJ's depature and that alone as Axl's career failure.

No but you'd be alone in thinking that's what was getting at. Seriously think about it. I'd have to be complete fucking moron to think DJ quitting GnR is the deciding factor in judging Axl's career post Slash as a failure. So again no you wouldn't be alone but you would most definitely be alone if what you took from my post is me equating DJ's depature and that alone as Axl's career failure.

The fact that Axl was reduced to playing with DJ Ashba in the first place is evidence enough of the miserable failure he has made of Guns N Roses 2.0.

• Like 2

BBA is full of shit.

If the whole group had disbanded why is the official GNR website running a contest for a phone call with Frank or Dizzy? Makes no sense.

Aye

At the end of the day, DJ is just another guitarist. It is no great shakes that he has left

You're right - the bar is so far underground at this stage now and the band so faceless that Axl could go to any rock bar and have two drones fill in for Slash any time he likes.

No big deal.

What people are complaining about here and something you're avoiding is that the band line up is important to them in terms of "What is GNR?" and Axl's belief that the band was always a lesser entity than him and utterly replaceable has proven to be the greatest mistake an arrogant lead singer has ever made in the history of rock music.

Even Jagger didn't go there and he's an insufferable pox by all accounts.

• Like 1

This is bad news.

He probably knows something we don't. If there was the slightest chance that guns would move forward in any way, there is no way Ashba would walk out.

I agree, except I'm not sure if it's necessarily bad news. Maybe Ashba knows something that we don't, that's actually good news. Like perhaps something about a reunion or something.

This is bad news.

He probably knows something we don't. If there was the slightest chance that guns would move forward in any way, there is no way Ashba would walk out.

I agree, except I'm not sure if it's necessarily bad news. Maybe Ashba knows something that we don't, that's actually good news. Like perhaps something about a reunion or something.

Or a way more likely scenario: Axl doing what he always does, losing talent, working on recorded material anyway without giving a fuck and maybe when he feels ready he'll release CD ll and replace the employees that left.

It's like he started his own company. He won't jeopardize the future of it as long as it serves as a musical vehicle for him and is still profitable. (touring)

Besides, reunion is not something he seems interested in doing. He rarely does things he doesn't want to do, especially if he doesn't have to do them. Even without a reunion, Axl is a very rich man and still hates Slash.

Edited by Rovim

"Axl working on new material" is a messed up myth we just like to perpetuate, probably just to feel like there is a sense, direction and/or a purpose to all of this.

I bet that whatever significant work was ever done on the chinese sessions by Him is from the period of late 90's - 2001/2 era.

Sure we have many cases of people getting paid by Him, or benefiting otherwise, saying He works so hard on music etc.

Remember when Baz actually had the audacity to call Him "prolific" when it comes to songwriting.

The only thing we have to back this chatter up is our imagination and sense of narrative.

I'm now calling the bluff and saying that Axl has not been working on anything new.

Hey ginger-headed one, feel free to prove me wrong, bro?

No hard feelings, bitterness, nothing like that.

I still remember Oh My God impacting me.

That got me hungry, I was interested.

If you got something, let's see it!

Cheers

<3