DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

I dunno. This is a pretty humiliating exit for a guy who said he had penned 12 songs for Axl to work on. Remember all that 'I'm a writer and also a producer' bullshit?

If a reunion was on the cards, Ashba would hang on until he was pushed. He'd know that nothing's for certain with Axl until a deal is inked, so why leave prematurely? Who the fuck voluntarily leaves guns n roses for Sixx am?? I think he knows the gravy train's finally run out of rail.

I really only want a reunion if they do an album. Not some busted ass geriatric Illusions tour redux.... I'll put down my skull cane and cum in yo' mouth! I want songs relevant to them as rock vets, man. Otherwise it'll be kinda lame.

And honestly, fuck doing their first show at an Awards ceremony or the Superbowl. Do it like Zeppelin did -- do a show for the true fans and fuck the rest of the world. They'll hear about it.

lmfao!! Skull cane.. "Food tastes good... Donut..." Jk Edited by mr. ritz88

This is bad news.

He probably knows something we don't. If there was the slightest chance that guns would move forward in any way, there is no way Ashba would walk out.

This exactly. For obvious reasons there isn't going to be a reunion. It's 2015 and with no record on the horizon it feels like this is going to be worse than the dark years.

Even if original or classic guns was still together how can you so sure that everything would be so rosy? For all we know the

quality of the music might have dipped the solo records from the guns guys aren't that great tbh. Not many if any bands pull off great albums one after another. This is where we are at right now, reunion is highly unlikely not because of some people's impression that Axl hates Slash but because of a whole host of reasons, the court cases, the jamming with every band & act in existence bar the band your in, and before somebody like Apollo or Bono writes me an essay and how I'm so wrong and how dare I criticise Slash or Duff they have never done anything wrong nananananananananana. I just don't believe it's as simple as burying the hatchet with people coming out with there reunion fantasy's.

This is bad news.

He probably knows something we don't. If there was the slightest chance that guns would move forward in any way, there is no way Ashba would walk out.

I agree, except I'm not sure if it's necessarily bad news. Maybe Ashba knows something that we don't, that's actually good news. Like perhaps something about a reunion or something.

Or a way more likely scenario: Axl doing what he always does, losing talent, working on recorded material anyway without giving a fuck and maybe when he feels ready he'll release CD ll and replace the employees that left.

It's like he started his own company. He won't jeopardize the future of it as long as it serves as a musical vehicle for him and is still profitable. (touring)

Besides, reunion is not something he seems interested in doing. He rarely does things he doesn't want to do, especially if he doesn't have to do them. Even without a reunion, Axl is a very rich man and still hates Slash.

I agree that Axl rarely does thing's that he doesn't want to do. But there's a chance that things have changed between Axl and Slash and perhaps Axl actually wants a reunion now. Then again reunion doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the old band. Maybe Buckethead's coming back and Ashba doesn't want to be overshadowed by him. Who knows?

wkuk, the only thing we should be afraid in a reunion would be Axl, he will come 3 hours late, with the new band he hardly interacts backstage, I guess with Duff and Slash he will be normal cause they were his friends, Slash and Duff won't like TB as the managers, IF there is a reunion then there will be only tours, I don't think so they will go in the studio to make music as you have seen Axl's past record of delaying so much.

wkuk, the only thing we should be afraid in a reunion would be Axl, he will come 3 hours late, with the new band he hardly interacts backstage, I guess with Duff and Slash he will be normal cause they were his friends, Slash and Duff won't like TB as the managers, IF there is a reunion then there will be only tours, I don't think so they will go in the studio to make music as you have seen Axl's past record of delaying so much.

What??? We are fans on a message board we don't know shit.

Well I won't indulge in the Axl topic with you cause well......

Btw do anyone of you even like music by Sixx AM? I guess they have some nice songs like Life is Beautiful, Skin, This is Gonna Hurt, Accidents can Happen, Smile.

Btw do anyone of you even like music by Sixx AM? I guess they have some nice songs like Life is Beautiful, Skin, This is Gonna Hurt, Accidents can Happen, Smile.

Fair enough! I won't indulge with you because of your user name but hell what do I know!

I can honestly not name you one Sixx AM song.

It seems Frank is doing an interview today regarding the band and Ashba, anyone knows at what time it will be?

Fair enough! I won't indulge with you because of your user name but hell what do I know!

I can honestly not name you one Sixx AM song.

What my username got to do with this? Im just trying to tell you that don't just blindly follow Axl and don't have too high expectations.

Downzy, why don't you try to get an MYGNRFORUM exclusive interview with Ron, Frank, Fortus and Tommy, I assume they are not that hard to get, btw did that "person" tell you anything about Ashba? the one who tells you "information" regarding the status of the "music".

Edited by Slash787

BBA is legit. I have insider contacts but can't reveal them in order to protect them. Like an investigative journalist. People know my track record is legit.

#thststhetruthbrother

So do you have any actual update on what's going on with the band?

Their first album was interesting as a whole. No standout songs, but I enjoyed the album. The second one was bland and badly produced, the third one is total garbage.

Their first album was interesting as a whole. No standout songs, but I enjoyed the album. The second one was bland and badly produced, the third one is total garbage.

I really liked the first 2 albums, the 3rd album was total trash.

I really liked the first 2 albums, the 3rd album was total trash.
Maybe I should give another listen to the second one. Apart from Deadlihood and Lies Of The Beautiful people, I can't remember a single song.

Yeah, the third one was absolute shit. I was honestly a bit disappointed.

To be honest, I din't see him leaving so soon, everyone in the band knows how things work and even Ashba knew that whenever the next album comes out, he won't be the only lead guitarist on the album, I was thinking that Robin and others would be 80% and Ashba would be 20% but still I din't expect him to leave.

From what I see, whatever things he was sending to Axl, no one was giving Ashba a response, he thought that at least Sixx Am works like a band, they go in the studio like a normal band and record stuff, I guess Ashba din't mind so much of Robin being on the next record, I guess the thing which put him off that the things he send, Axl din't work on it nor gave a response.

Downzy, Im sure that Axl is "Working" on the album, but man the thing was recorded more than 15 years ago, all he has to do is just Master the songs? Im sure you have your contacts, im just saying that blindly don't believe your contacts nor have too high expectations, if the album comes out next year then its very good, if it doesn't then nothing surprising.

Axl may well be "working" on an album.

He's a fucking lead singer, its his only job, he should be.

"Working" could be no more than smoking a fatty, heading into his home studio and pissing around on the piano/guitar/computer with pro-tools all night.

In Axl's case, unless the fucking thing is in your hand/ipod/music files, statements like that are utterly meaningless.