DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Personally, I think too many people in this thread (Not necessarily right now, but particularly a few pages back) are trying too hard to look for another reason he left, other than what he stated publicly. I don't think there's any behind-the-scenes reason that DJ is gone.

I mean, he's recently married. He's got his first kid in the way. Nikki Sixx has made it abundantly clear that Sixx: AM will become a full-time band after Motley finishes up this year. DJ has been with Sixx: AM since the beginning, and he has total creative freedom there. Whether or not Axl is actually working on CD2, it's probably become more and more apparent to DJ that he will not have creative freedom in GN'R. Seems like a no brainer to me that he would want to stay where he's allowed to be more creative :shrugs:

The kid thing is just a rumor and frankly I don't think it's true.

• Like 1

I've expressed to management that the current negative vibe towards the band is largely a product of having no new material and an unwillingness to keep fans in the loop.

What was their response ?

I've expressed to management that the current negative vibe towards the band is largely a product of having no new material and an unwillingness to keep fans in the loop.

They're planning a 3 hour meeting to discuss the issue.

• Like 2

Personally, I think too many people in this thread (Not necessarily right now, but particularly a few pages back) are trying too hard to look for another reason he left, other than what he stated publicly. I don't think there's any behind-the-scenes reason that DJ is gone.

I mean, he's recently married. He's got his first kid in the way. Nikki Sixx has made it abundantly clear that Sixx: AM will become a full-time band after Motley finishes up this year. DJ has been with Sixx: AM since the beginning, and he has total creative freedom there. Whether or not Axl is actually working on CD2, it's probably become more and more apparent to DJ that he will not have creative freedom in GN'R. Seems like a no brainer to me that he would want to stay where he's allowed to be more creative :shrugs:

Oh, is it? I thought he had said something about it on Twitter. Shows how much I pay attention to DJ's tweets :book:

But my point still stands IMO.

Oh, is it? I thought he had said something about it on Twitter. Shows how much I pay attention to DJ's tweets :book:

But my point still stands IMO.

The most logical thing is what you said.

Sixx AM is about to release another album and is a very active band. DJ gets to write and create and produce with them

GnR is rumored to be releasing music and touring next year. GnR isn't very active, and DJ doesn't get to write/create/produce their music.

I'm sure he had to pick one. The choice is pretty obvious.

Axl Rose is 100 times the "band" that Sixx AM is. But with how inactive he is, it's understandable why DJ would choose the more active band.

giphy.gif

Just kidding...

It was acknowledged. I think they understand and accept a person's right to criticize and vent frustrations when and where it's appropriate. What they object to, and I think rightfully so, is some of the vitriolic and down right nasty and cruel language. Some of the shit said about Axl and GNR is way over the top. One would think that Axl punched everyone's mothers in the face based on some of the responses around here.

Um, no offense, but fuck them. They've treated the FANS with nothing but contempt and disdain when something leaks and it is met with positivity, or when people want to see their favorite act tour, or heat new music that has been talked about and dangled like a carrot in front of them for decades, or wanting an update once every several years. Yea we're the assholes here. Too fuckin bad, Team Brazil.
  • Like 3

giphy.gif

Just kidding...

It was acknowledged. I think they understand and accept a person's right to criticize and vent frustrations when and where it's appropriate. What they object to, and I think rightfully so, is some of the vitriolic and down right nasty and cruel language. Some of the shit said about Axl and GNR is way over the top. One would think that Axl punched everyone's mothers in the face based on some of the responses around here.

Tough shit. When you give your supporters nothing, don't even keep your supposed bandmates in the loop, fail to meet even your most modest of goals, fail to acknowledge the departure of long term members, and meanwhile you tweet about boxing and giraffes and your Facebook page is just a shittier version of Buzzfeed, you reap what you sow. Vitriolic? Yeah, I remember when Axl Rose was capable of being passionate too. Long time gone. But hey, let's give the guy time to finish the songs he said were already done and that he started 15 years ago. The fans are the only thing that have kept this band alive. If you get slapped in the face enough times you start hitting back.

Axl had a fanbase that kept their belief in him through years of silence multiple times. To the fans that means 'you can do it, we'll go to your shows, we'll big you up to our friends, we'll buy your new music'. To Axl it means 'oh cool, maybe I can do even less, release nothing, tell them nothing and still get away with it'.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

From HTGTH forum:

http://www.stonechromeradio.com/uploads/7/6/6/5/7665751/geoff_lenox_7_29.mp3

Some Quotes from Frank-

GNR Still exists and is going forward

"Well, I know there's gonna be some news very soon, , regarding, that whole situation."

And of course, "I know that Guns n Roses is still going, it's gonna go."

frank has been texting with axl about the DJ stuff. frank says everything is cool. GNR has a plan in place and it's happening. GNR is still forging ahead.

• Like 1

From HTGTH forum:

Some Quotes from Frank-

"Well, I know there's gonna be some news very soon, , regarding, that whole situation."

frank has been texting with axl about the DJ stuff. frank says everything is cool. GNR has a plan in place and it's happening. GNR is still forging ahead.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank lineup confirmed

From HTGTH forum:

Some Quotes from Frank-

Who will be on the drums then?

From HTGTH forum:

Some Quotes from Frank-

lol, they have a plan, and it's happening..

i suppose to a buddhist monk doing nothing is seen as having a plan in place..

I can see things from both points of view: on the one hand when I read your post and think of some of the comments made about Axl and Beta I feel pretty bad. But then I read tomfriend's abridged list of why the most loyal and hardcore fans are so fucking fed up and.....just.....there isn't any middle ground. You end up with forums where you can't say you didn't like the DVD without being called a t.roll and forums where 90% of posts are pessimistic.

• Like 1

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not into bagging Axl's appearance and all that shit...but (besides DJ leaving) there's so little to be positive about.

The overwhelming majority of us are surely "Axl fans" but the way things are handled...you can't help but be negative.

• Like 1

I can see things from both points of view: on the one hand when I read your post and think of some of the comments made about Axl and Beta I feel pretty bad. But then I read tomfriend's abridged list of why the most loyal and hardcore fans are so fucking fed up and.....just.....there isn't any middle ground. You end up with forums where you can't say you didn't like the DVD without being called a t.roll and forums where 90% of posts are pessimistic.

I agree. Look, I'm not here to defend the past actions of GNR management or Axl himself. Nor am I saying that the negativity isn't a natural byproduct of a void of communication from the band. You can't expect your fanbase to remain warm and fuzzy when you do not offer them either product or communication. However, the amount of anger directed towards Axl regarding those two propositions gets a little nuts at times. The guy is still a human being and while he maybe guilty of a few things I'm not sure it's worth the outright hostility that gets directed his way. I get it, we're all frustrated and angry that we're all still here and we only have one album to show for our continual support. But a little perspective is warranted. You'd think at times it was Axl that shot Cecil the Lion and not some asshole dentist from Minnesota. :P

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not into bagging Axl's appearance and all that shit...but (besides DJ leaving) there's so little to be positive about.

The overwhelming majority of us are surely "Axl fans" but the way things are handled...you can't help but be negative.

Don't disagree with this in the slightest. Just a matter of how far down the road we want to go. Fans have the right to vent and voice displeasure from time to time. I was extremely angry and frustrated with how Axl handled the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame induction. I came on here, said what I needed to say (as many did) and then got over it. I've got enough going on in my life that holding on to anger over something a musician does (or doesn't do) isn't necessary.

• Like 2