DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

I think it's a possibility that Ashba was only ever hired for touring purposes. Now that touring is over maybe Axl is turning his attention to seriously putting out a new record. As for a reunion? Never say never, I truly believe that alot of the beef has died down.

I suppose time will tell what happens from here!

At the time that he was hired a lot was made of his songwriting credentials

it's a shame we'll never hear such Gunners anthems as:

*demented dirge

*rockers roll

*demented life

*cigarettes and makeup

*blessed life

*conquering the world

*ballad of max factor pan 28

*fuck what people think

*fuck you mom

*haunted wendy house

*ASHBA FAMILY

• Like 2

Bands are like teams.

Yeah, and just like teams, members may leave and be replaced but the team is still the same team, although with a different lineup. Manchester United is still Manchester United despite the class of '92 having left. It might not be as glorious, we might not like it as much, but it is still Manchester United. You might go around saying it isn't, but that just makes you a moron.

Which would make GnR the equivalent of Roy Keane getting rid of the class of 92 and hiring a bunch of keepie uppie experts from the streets of Venezeula to fill out the numbers. An interesting set up i agree but i think you could safely kiss the treble goodbye :lol:

I am afraid I sooner believe Manchester United will win the treble again than I will hear an excellent record from GN'R :D

• Like 1

Bands are like teams.

Yeah, and just like teams, members may leave and be replaced but the team is still the same team, although with a different lineup. Manchester United is still Manchester United despite the class of '92 having left. It might not be as glorious, we might not like it as much, but it is still Manchester United. You might go around saying it isn't, but that just makes you a moron.

Which would make GnR the equivalent of Roy Keane getting rid of the class of 92 and hiring a bunch of keepie uppie experts from the streets of Venezeula to fill out the numbers. An interesting set up i agree but i think you could safely kiss the treble goodbye :lol:
I am afraid I sooner believe Manchester United will win the treble again than I will hear an excellent record from GN'R :D

I'd sooner believe they'll win the Australian Sheep Shearing olympics than hearing a good album out of GnR :lol:

Majestic Beast, and now what? Now what is bring back Robin Finck or Robin Finck and a new hired hand

Because all the unreleased Chinese songs and the Chinese songs on CD2 are Robin Finck songs

And right now Robin Finck is available for hire. and IMO Slash would say 'No' for a return in GNR. And Buckethead would say the same thing.

Why not have the guy who recorded Street Of Dreams, Better, Chinese Democracy, IRS, Madagascar, TWAT, Catcher, and TIL be back in GNR?

That guy is Robin Finck and it's the perfect opportunity to 'Now What' bring Robin back and tour C2 with Robin!

Majestic Beast, and now what? Now what is bring back Robin Finck or Robin Finck and a new hired hand

Because all the unreleased Chinese songs and the Chinese songs on CD2 are Robin Finck songs

And right now Robin Finck is available for hire. and IMO Slash would say 'No' for a return in GNR. And Buckethead would say the same thing.

Why not have the guy who recorded Street Of Dreams, Better, Chinese Democracy, IRS, Madagascar, TWAT, Catcher, and TIL be back in GNR?

That guy is Robin Finck and it's the perfect opportunity to 'Now What' bring Robin back and tour C2 with Robin!

What is Robin doing these days? you still dint tell me how many pockets do you have.

Slash787, Robin isn't doing anything these days or this summer. And Robin is out of NIN again. So this is the perfect time to bring back Robin Finck for CD2

And I have many pockets!

Edited by pockets
  • Like 1

Bands are like teams.

But bands are not really like teams in that sense or at least they're not like football clubs. There is an understanding that Man Utd will be around forever as a club so it's inevitable that players have to be replaced as they come to the end of their usefulness. No one complains that Bobby Charlton is not still playing for them cos he couldn't but man utd still go on.

Bands arent like that, everyone knew gnr wasnt gonna go on forever they have a natural lifespan of the time that the people in it are still alive and then it's done. Unless bands.

Slash787, Robin isn't doing anything these days or this summer. And Robin is out of NIN again. So this is the perfect time to bring back Robin Finck for CD2

And I have many pockets!

Yeah as I mentioned before, he would only come if he is given a touring contract for 1 or 2 years, If Axl calls him on a contract of 5 years with doing Re Recording of his own songs, then he would say NO!

And I have many pockets!

If Reznor figures this out is gonna make a tour out of nowhere to secure Robin in NIN.

Bands are like teams.

What a massive fucking crock of shit. You're comparing a professional SPORTS team to a group of people who came together and collaborated to create ART. There is no comparison to be made.

If you want to look at it from the perspective of a brand attached to a name that can be bought and sold then you can make the comparison between Guns N' Roses and Coca Cola. Coke can sell their name and all rights to it to Pepsi and Pepsi can put elephant piss in a Coke bottle and call it Coke and it will legally be Coke. They could fucking sell the name to Nike and Nike could make Coke Air Maxes.

When Brian May and Roger Taylor retire they could legally either hire replacements for themselves and share in the profit from future 'Queen' shows or sell the name and brand to Adam Lambert. Legally all things are possible.

There are different points that people consider the end of Guns N' Roses (outside of the bullshit argument that Guns is legally whatever Axl says it is) from the end of the 1993 tour to Slash leaving to Duff leaving. I always thought of the new era as 'New Guns' and a continuation in spirit of Guns N' Roses. I personally felt New Guns took a mortal blow when Bucket left and was on all but life support when Robin left. The only thing that kept the New Guns dream on life support for me was the promise of new music from Bucket/Robin/Brain and the possibility of Axl performing it with the vigor of 2006-10. The life-support got switched off somewhere after Rio '11.

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2

Bumblefoot said he was asked not to declare anything yet. Could it be because they don't want to announce a departure before they have a replacement? That would mean somebody is already lined up to take Ashba's place. It would explain why this is treated differently.

Well. Never cared for him, to me the worst guitarist and stage persona that GnR has performed with. But as a person, seemed nice and the way he left is a good, even classy, way of doing it... Unlike someone we know, cough cough Dramafoot.

Edited by Teroz
  • Like 1

Bumblefoot said he was asked not to declare anything yet. Could it be because they don't want to announce a departure before they have a replacement? That would mean somebody is already lined up to take Ashba's place. It would explain why this is treated differently.

Ashba's contract got over, so he said Bye Bye, I assume it was a 6 year contract, he "Officially" joined the band in March 2009 I guess, so his contract would have been over in March 2015, I guess he told TB that he will take sometime to think about it, when he saw that there is no recording being done, I assume he would have send a lot of guitar stuff to Axl but there would be no reply, so its clearly Ashba thought he see's no future in Axl's band and its better to create music in Sixx Am where he can freely do stuff.

All these years Ashba took Axl's side no matter what, he did see some hope in Axl, but I guess this he got fed up of waiting.

As for Ron, Im sure his contract is also over, but I assume he would be in some sort of negotiation, if he shows the middle finger, then all doors will be closed for him, so he is being neutral and if there is some GNR tour next year then he might join depending on whatever new contract they make for him.

Well. Never cared for him, to me the worst guitarist and stage persona that GnR has performed with. But as a person, seemed nice and the way he left is a good, even classy, way of doing it... Unlike someone we know, cough cough Dramafoot.

Yeah...but 8 years in the band, a very developed sense of loyalty toward Guns fans, a real need to create something new and make his mark, cancer, a terrible car accident and more.

And he did his job 100% of the time. Bumble is all class, but he is a sensitive and open guy that truly loves making music and sharing it with others.

I'm sure Gn'R was a great experience for him, but it came with a price and I think it made him very conflicted. He never had to deal with a situation like Guns and was never in a real band before Guns.

And some of the band members treated him like shit when he joined and he had to record his Chinese parts in horrid conditions.

I have nothing but respect for Ron.

• Like 1

Yeah don't get me wrong. I am not saying that Ron has had is easy, no not at all. He has had his more that fair share of problems. And yes he did his job and he was good to us fans, unlike well you know - I met him a few times and he was always a real cool dude and never in a hurry. And I respect him for that, and I wish nothing but the best for him and his future ventures. But still he is the drama queen of GnR of the 2010s - even worse and more visible than Axl has been with the drama.

From what we know, Buckethead was also treated like absolute shit when he joined by Axls decision, especially by Tommy and Robin. Did we see him doing a drama scene, no, we saw him talkin via a hand puppet and describing nu GnR as a loaf in the oven.

Edited by Teroz

Yeah don't get me wrong. I am not saying that Ron has had is easy, no not at all. He has had his more that fair share of problems. And yes he did his job and he was good to us fans, unlike well you know - I met him a few times and he was always a real cool dude and never in a hurry. And I respect him for that, and I wish nothing but the best for him and his future ventures. But still he is the drama queen of GnR of the 2010s - even worse and more visible than Axl has been with the drama.

From what we know, Buckethead was also treated like absolute shit when he joined by Axls decision, especially by Tommy and Robin. Did we see him doing a drama scene, no, we saw him talkin via a hand puppet and describing nu GnR as a loaf in the oven.

Sometimes the voice of reason can come from a hand puppet. Bucky got blamed for a lot of shit. Axl tried to get him back for a long time, and kinda apologized for his accusations. (blamed it on others)

Guns is a drama filled band. Always was. Yeah he bitched and moaned a lot, but at least with good reasons.

Edited by Rovim

Dear Dj ASHBA,

I admit I was never a fan of neither your music nor your style, but I do admire your entrepreneurship and your willingness to follow your dream.

With that said, your last post inspired me to take a vacation. Do you suppose you could spot me a plane ticket to Vegas?

Your acquaintance through MyGNR,

arnold layne

Dear Dj ASHBA,

I admit I was never a fan of neither your music nor your style, but I do admire your entrepreneurship and your willingness to follow your dream.

With that said, your last post inspired me to take a vacation. Do you suppose you could spot me a plane ticket to Vegas?

Your acquaintance through MyGNR,

arnold layne

Nate, you should audition for the Guitarist position or wait, you should audition to be Axl's personal trainer