DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

I hate when people write in all caps. A good friend of mine does it and it pisses me off.

I write in all caps.

What is your opinion on this whole thing, Ashba leaving the band, not writing in caps lol

Cant we get a reunion?

Axl can say this was the most popular lineup, this is what started it all, I love these guys at the end of the day, through all the shit we went through back in LA. We are gonna release an EP, Izzy and Slash have some material I really like. Then we do a tour of the states, do some overseas come back and finish with a few select dates in the states and call it a career for GnR.

Izzy has released 2 songs since 2010... Duff made a comment that Izzy has a ton of material. Slash always comes up with one hot lick or two... Touch up 2 or 3 of what Axl has, release it, tour for a few montsh and end it on the 30 anniversary in LA...

Izzy, Duff, Matt and Steven, hell, let Gilby in too.... This is Slash and Axl egos, stopping this...

Edited by pacu44

Cant we get a reunion? Axl can say this was the most popular lineup, this is what started it all, I love these guys at the end of the day, through all the shit we went through back in LA. We are gonna release an EP, Izzy and Slash have some material I really like. Then we do a tour of the states, do some overseas come back and finish with a few select dates in the states and call it a career for GnR. Izzy has released 2 songs since 2010... Duff made a comment that Izzy has a ton of material. Slash always comes up with one hot lick or two... Touch up 2 or 3 of what Axl has, release it, tour for a few montsh and end it on the 30 anniversary in LA... Izzy, Duff, Matt and Steven, hell, let Gilby in too.... This is Slash and Axl egos, stopping this...

It's nothing to do with ego on either part.

There is one, one and only reason why Axl hasn't released more music and Guns haven't moved forward. Axl simply doesn't want to.

What has Axl always said about a reunion? Also that he simply doesn't want to.

So if you're expecting either to happen, good luck.

Ashba leaves, Bumble leaves, and last I heard Richard was looking work. Time heals all wounds.

Or Slash and co. use their heads, see that everyone is abandoning and giving up on Axl, remember how impossible he was and apparently still is to work with, check their bank balances, laugh to themselves and count their blessings.

Axl has a ton of material in the can according to DJ so why not release some of while he puts the next gen NuGuns back together?

Ashba said in a 2014 talk with Legendary Rock Interviews that the band had both recording and touring plans in 2015. He revealed, "We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best GUNS N' ROSES record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff."

Ashba added: "Axl has two full albums that he has recorded. He has played me a bunch of songs off of that that are incredible! I can't wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I've written tons of songs and demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in and sifting through the piles of material."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-quits-guns-n-roses/#z7Jz5YT3tF4EZE4r.99

DUDE he said the same thing in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

True enough but it does not mean it is not true. Others in the band have also said Axl had stuff ready for release so why not put it out?;

They say that because they have to say that so they don't get fired. Doesn't make it true. Realize how they all leave, and its always the guys want to actually DO SOMETHING. If Axl had as much material as mythologized, and it was as good as they all say, they'd still be in the band and they'd be pushing hard for its release. The bottom line is he probably has a lot of unfinished songs that aren't amazing, and they just keep saying he has a ton to make it seem like he's still an artist, which he hasn't been in at least 10 years. He's now a nostalgia act, and it'd be nice if they just fucking admitted that already.

Cant we get a reunion? Axl can say this was the most popular lineup, this is what started it all, I love these guys at the end of the day, through all the shit we went through back in LA. We are gonna release an EP, Izzy and Slash have some material I really like. Then we do a tour of the states, do some overseas come back and finish with a few select dates in the states and call it a career for GnR. Izzy has released 2 songs since 2010... Duff made a comment that Izzy has a ton of material. Slash always comes up with one hot lick or two... Touch up 2 or 3 of what Axl has, release it, tour for a few montsh and end it on the 30 anniversary in LA... Izzy, Duff, Matt and Steven, hell, let Gilby in too.... This is Slash and Axl egos, stopping this...

It's nothing to do with ego on either part.

There is one, one and only reason why Axl hasn't released more music and Guns haven't moved forward. Axl simply doesn't want to.

What has Axl always said about a reunion? Also that he simply doesn't want to.

So if you're expecting either to happen, good luck.

I dont expect anything, hope, I hope we get some sort of reunion.

Tbh, I could not see this coming, but this is the proper way how to put things without months of unnecessary hinting comments.

The thing that bothers me is that if Ashba couldn't make it with Axl anymore than nobody can.

Despite all the hate he was getting there, he deserves respect for this gesture. Good luck to him in his future with Sixx: A.M.!

I have a feeling he was asked to leave... So I wouldn't worry about people not getting along with Axl.

Wonder how Axl would have felt in 1982 when he was a complete write off in Indiana if someone told him: "One day, you'll have the opportunity to pick up the phone, and put together one of the biggest bands of all time, thrilling millions of fans all over the planet, making 100 million dollars, and playing original songs that you wrote with them". I wonder what he would have said then instead of waging a "war" which he's clearly lost by all metrics (album sales, popularity, reputation, media coverage, concert attendance). Can't believe the positions of power some people are in (Robert Plant, Axl Rose, Ritchie Blackmore) - having the ability to almost single handedly save a dying rock n roll scene instead of sitting around twiddling their fingers. Is it really THAT HARD? Are you really giving up artistic integrity when all you've done is replace every single member of the original band playing 90% old music? Is that what it's really about? Because it seems to me when you're deleting people from merchandise, suing over song releases, erasing memories from the past, desperately clinging on to an old band name there's a hell of a lot more to your issues than just "taking my time because it's art and nobody deserves anything".

Laughingstock, and very irritating when GNR were the biggest band of the last 30 years...easily had the potential to match or even surpass the Stones.

It's Gillan who won't reunite Deep Purple. Blackmore recently reached out about doing a few shows and was rebuffed by Gillan.

Wonder how Axl would have felt in 1982 when he was a complete write off in Indiana if someone told him: "One day, you'll have the opportunity to pick up the phone, and put together one of the biggest bands of all time, thrilling millions of fans all over the planet, making 100 million dollars, and playing original songs that you wrote with them". I wonder what he would have said then instead of waging a "war" which he's clearly lost by all metrics (album sales, popularity, reputation, media coverage, concert attendance). Can't believe the positions of power some people are in (Robert Plant, Axl Rose, Ritchie Blackmore) - having the ability to almost single handedly save a dying rock n roll scene instead of sitting around twiddling their fingers. Is it really THAT HARD? Are you really giving up artistic integrity when all you've done is replace every single member of the original band playing 90% old music? Is that what it's really about? Because it seems to me when you're deleting people from merchandise, suing over song releases, erasing memories from the past, desperately clinging on to an old band name there's a hell of a lot more to your issues than just "taking my time because it's art and nobody deserves anything".

Laughingstock, and very irritating when GNR were the biggest band of the last 30 years...easily had the potential to match or even surpass the Stones.

It's Gillan who won't reunite Deep Purple. Blackmore recently reached out about doing a few shows and was rebuffed by Gillan.

Maybe cause it'll fuck shit up with the latest incarnation of Deep Purple. I say for shame. Fuck that. It's fucking Blackmore. He should be able to play with them. That's Horseshit. Gillan is being a cunt.

Edited by Rovim

i think there's a few things to sort out (mainly Slash) but then we'll have a line up like this: Axl, Slash, 4tus, Duff, Steven/Matt and Dizzy

Fortus is a talented person, but well the lineup you just wrote is basically a reunion, so I would rather see Gilby or Izzy than Fortus.

Maybe cause it'll fuck shit up with the latest incarnation of Deep Purple. I say for shame. Fuck that. Why not? it's fucking Blackmore. He should be able to play with them. That's bullshit.

Where's the source for him wanting to play? I call bullshit unless that was in the 80s or 90s. Blackmore seems to like playing medievel pop music with his wife. Doesn't seem like he cares about rock n' roll. When asked about the Hall of Fame a few years ago he said he wouldn't go.

Maybe cause it'll fuck shit up with the latest incarnation of Deep Purple. I say for shame. Fuck that. Why not? it's fucking Blackmore. He should be able to play with them. That's bullshit.

Where's the source for him wanting to play? I call bullshit unless that was in the 80s or 90s. Blackmore seems to like playing medievel pop music with his wife. Doesn't seem like he cares about rock n' roll. When asked about the Hall of Fame a few years ago he said he wouldn't go.

Yeah that thing he plays with his wife, Blackmore knight or something, its really creepy man, they dress weirdly and play weird songs and Yeah Ritchie has said he won't do anything with Ian but well even Ian doesn't wants to do anything with Ritchie

Isn't it sad to be a fan now? If even the most loyal member leave, where will this go? Fucking Axl... Hè screws it up for all of us who bought his music so he has that fucking mansion.. I am a real fan of axl and i love him as a performer and musician, but having your biggest asskisser walk away... You clearly do something wrong.. New GN'R really had some potential until 2010 or 11 Because this line up was good and stable and the live shows were kickass! But with the 2nd guitarplayer gone... Fans Just got used to this band and accepted them and shit. Now if even anything will happen axl has to work harder than he ever wants to do. Pissing of your own fans is really stupid isn't it? Pissing them off by doing nothing now thats the real talent of Axl

I may have gotten it sort of wrong, but here's Ritchie:
"You know, I have been in contact with Ian Gillan for some time now and we agreed that maybe at some point I will play two or three concerts with Deep Purple to bring joy to the fans to recall memories. I would not want to promise anything, because we’re all pretty lazy and so far we have failed to establish anything concrete. I have the impression that they are currently quite busy, and I’m happy doing what I’m doing. I would be happy, however, to play two, three concerts with Deep Purple. For the fans, for nostalgic reasons."
And here's Gillan a few months later talking about playing the HOF with Ritchie: "Well, we are the living, breathing DEEP PURPLE. This is the longest that any lineup has ever been together in this band. And it would be unconscionable to think about bringing Ritchie in. I don't have an issue with Ritchie, nor does anyone. I've been in touch with Ritchie recently and everything's cool, so there's no bitter, personal problem. We're too old for that and everything's in the past, but no. That would be out of the question. How insulting that would be to [current guitarist] Steve Morse, for example? So if that's the stumbling block, fair enough. Never the twain shall meet."
"So to go back to the question of 'Would we do the show with Ritchie?' I think that would be hugely disrespectful to what I call the living, breathing, DEEP PURPLE. There's always been a living, breathing, DEEP PURPLE, good or bad at any stage of our evolution, and how it is now is particularly healthy and it wouldn't be right."
Stil, it shows Gillan seems far less enthusiastic about a reunion than Blackmore.
Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

I may have gotten it sort of wrong, but here's Ritchie:
"You know, I have been in contact with Ian Gillan for some time now and we agreed that maybe at some point I will play two or three concerts with Deep Purple to bring joy to the fans to recall memories. I would not want to promise anything, because we’re all pretty lazy and so far we have failed to establish anything concrete. I have the impression that they are currently quite busy, and I’m happy doing what I’m doing. I would be happy, however, to play two, three concerts with Deep Purple. For the fans, for nostalgic reasons."
And here's Gillan a few months later talking about playing the HOF with Ritchie: "Well, we are the living, breathing DEEP PURPLE. This is the longest that any lineup has ever been together in this band. And it would be unconscionable to think about bringing Ritchie in. I don't have an issue with Ritchie, nor does anyone. I've been in touch with Ritchie recently and everything's cool, so there's no bitter, personal problem. We're too old for that and everything's in the past, but no. That would be out of the question. How insulting that would be to [current guitarist] Steve Morse, for example? So if that's the stumbling block, fair enough. Never the twain shall meet."
"So to go back to the question of 'Would we do the show with Ritchie?' I think that would be hugely disrespectful to what I call the living, breathing, DEEP PURPLE. There's always been a living, breathing, DEEP PURPLE, good or bad at any stage of our evolution, and how it is now is particularly healthy and it wouldn't be right."
Stil, it shows Gillan seems far less enthusiastic about a reunion than Blackmore.

Thanks! I hate the whole "this lineup has been around longer than the one that matters!" argument. I probably have used it a few times with GNR back in the day, though. Glad to see they aren't mud slinging so much