Can someone tell me about the song "the general"?

I've just received an encrypted legit insider email with a link to the song. It's glorious. It's about how no one is going to take Axl down, and how hard he has tried while everyone else has betrayed him. The guitar solo is about as badass as they come; I'm sure it's Bucket. Axl also does a voice I've never heard him do before. I can't wait to hear it again!

lol if it ever gets released or leaked I'm pretty sure your description will be spot on

I've heard it's complex as fuck.

So it's even more overproduced than the rest of CD?

According to MSL the vocals are the meanest and most heavy vocals we've heard from axl.

Who is MSL?
lolmsl Edited by username

Wasn't that Marco Beltrami. Did work on "presumed". Seven, thyme, there was a time, this I Love. And perhaps more.

Yes. I really like his additions on CD and him having worked on some of the unreleased songs makes me hopeful they are as ambitious as those that made CD.

To me Riad n the Bedouins is the sequel to Estranged and doesnt sound unlike The General description and was written by Tommy The General Stinson. Mmmm this is one for Hong Kong Phooey.

Edited by wasted

what was said? "you may have heard bits of it somewhere"

Starting as far back as 1999, Axl Rose told MTV that the new band had enough work to compose a double album and then in 2008, said that Guns N Roses had 32 songs they were working on. The General was one of many working album titles that Rose proposed but it was revealed by Rose's close friend Sebastian Bach that The General was originally intended to be the follow-up to the 1991 ballad "Estranged" and that it "had a heavy sound with screaming vocals." Chinese Democracy was released around this same time as the first in a trilogy of albums with the next slated for this year.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08/50-unreleased-albums-that-wed-kill-to-hear/guns-n-roses-the-general

I remember hearing that Sorry was "Doom Metal" and the heaviest thing GnR had done. Sorry was a great song, but it was overhyped. I wonder if the overhype is why Axl is holding it back? It can't live up to the hype.

There was also a composer whose name escapes me that said in an interview that he had done orchestral arrangements on it and named the song specifically.

[GNR] was sort of just work for hire. [...] I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. [...]There was [...] one called 'The General,' (Marco Beltrami, IGN, July 2003).

• Like 1

what was said? "you may have heard bits of it somewhere"

Starting as far back as 1999, Axl Rose told MTV that the new band had enough work to compose a double album and then in 2008, said that Guns N Roses had 32 songs they were working on. The General was one of many working album titles that Rose proposed but it was revealed by Rose's close friend Sebastian Bach that The General was originally intended to be the follow-up to the 1991 ballad "Estranged" and that it "had a heavy sound with screaming vocals." Chinese Democracy was released around this same time as the first in a trilogy of albums with the next slated for this year.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08/50-unreleased-albums-that-wed-kill-to-hear/guns-n-roses-the-general

I remember hearing that Sorry was "Doom Metal" and the heaviest thing GnR had done. Sorry was a great song, but it was overhyped. I wonder if the overhype is why Axl is holding it back? It can't live up to the hype.

Sebastian Bach said that Sorry sounded almost like doom metal which is not that much of stretch. People just read too much into it. And Axl said that This I Love was lyrically the heaviest song he had ever done. It doesn't mean that the song is anything like heavy metal. But it's emotionally heavy for Axl.

I can tell you two things about the supposed song titled "The General":

1- Nobody on this forum has ever heard it.

2- It's never gonna be released -at least as long as Axl's alive.

That's all you need to know about it, really.

We dont actually know though do we?

We dont actually know though do we?

No we don't. Or do we?

I don't anyway. It's possible and as Axl gets older it becomes more likely that that situation will arise.

That fact they just lost two guitarists and Axl has disappeared definitely supports this scenario.

Can he actually go all out to support another record on tour? If you answer is no then go to 1. If your answer is yes go to 2.

1. Over my dead body.

2. See you in 2020.