Axl Rose is Not Guns N' Roses says Jessie Hughes

Right, Jesse Hughes, of the world famous side project of some guy, is relevant, but only Pitchforkers know of Fetty Wap.

well, yes

on another note: i really don't understand this constant demand for "relevancy" here on a GNR forum in 2015...

Y'know this is a forum for a rock band, therefore even Jesse Hughes can be relevant on a rock bands forum (as it seems, most of the fans hate him here, not my problem)

Why don't you go to the RELEVANT artists forums and mock literally everyone over there?

Btw Fetty Wap has nothing to do with this topic and you still mad at my response over borki's trolling on a another GNR forum, congrats

I guess the name war ended well for both of you

Let me break down why you're wrong about everything, as usual.

-I'm not demanding relevancy. I'm simply pointing out the trend of irrelevant musicians talking about GNR to get their names in the headlines. I'm not calling them good or bad, just saying that the reason they do this is to elevate their irrelevant names. Even if he were relevant to us rock fans, my point remains, as no one in the real world cares about him, and he's clearly just latching onto the GNR train to get some publicity. It's not about what I think, it's about the facts.

-Fetty Wap's song "Trap Queen" hit #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and he's performed it on Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and the BET Awards. But I guess only Pitchfork readers know what those are? I brought him up because it's an example of your blatant stupidity in regards to what's relevant and what "only hipsters know about/listen to". The fact that Broski is the one who initially mentioned him means nothing. I can use someone's point without liking the person.

Now I wait for you to come back, fail to read/understand my post due to your illiteracy, and reply with more nonsense.

- you just liked my comment on the Gilby thread (i was wrong as usual :lol: )

- They are not irrelevant in the rock scene. (If you really want to bring this down to "only rap, hip-hop, pop artists are relevant and rock is dead, then go ahead, that was not the original argument, though)

- I even posted that i think these are just click bait interviews, articles or whatever aka. marketing. Even "relevant" (as for your criteria) artists do this btw. So "we" (aka the rock world) are not the real world. Ok, see my first point then

- I bet that only pitchforkers know who Fetty Wap is.... those late night shows trying to MADE artists and give them relevancy for a future marketing value

-Once again, you brings this "relevant" thing almost every topic, if you don't like the person or his/her opinion about some musician etc.

I'm not failing anything and btw how many foreign languages do you speak really? how many?

zero?

then calm your tits now

Enjoy my nonsense, little native pal and don't forget to send borki's name to the authorities

Edited by Strange Broue

Right, Jesse Hughes, of the world famous side project of some guy, is relevant, but only Pitchforkers know of Fetty Wap.

well, yes

on another note: i really don't understand this constant demand for "relevancy" here on a GNR forum in 2015...

Y'know this is a forum for a rock band, therefore even Jesse Hughes can be relevant on a rock bands forum (as it seems, most of the fans hate him here, not my problem)

Why don't you go to the RELEVANT artists forums and mock literally everyone over there?

Btw Fetty Wap has nothing to do with this topic and you still mad at my response over borki's trolling on a another GNR forum, congrats

-I'm not demanding relevancy. I'm simply pointing out the trend of irrelevant musicians talking about GNR to get their names in the headlines. I'm not calling them good or bad, just saying that the reason they do this is to elevate their irrelevant names. Even if he were relevant to us rock fans, my point remains, as no one in the real world cares about him, and he's clearly just latching onto the GNR train to get some publicity. It's not about what I think, it's about the facts.

-Fetty Wap's song "Trap Queen" hit #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and he's performed it on Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and the BET Awards. But I guess only Pitchfork readers know what those are? I brought him up because it's an example of your blatant stupidity in regards to what's relevant and what "only hipsters know about/listen to". The fact that Broski is the one who initially mentioned him means nothing. I can use someone's point without liking the person.

Now I wait for you to come back, fail to read/understand my post due to your illiteracy, and reply with more nonsense.

- you just liked my comment on the Gilby thread (i was wrong as usual :lol: )

- They are not irrelevant in the rock scene. (If you really want to bring this down to "only rap, hip-hop, pop artists are relevant and rock is dead, then go ahead, that was not the original argument, though)

- I even posted that i think these are just click bait interviews, articles or whatever aka. marketing. Even "relevant" (as for your criteria) artists do this btw. So "we" (aka the rock world) are not the real world. Ok, see my first point then

- I bet that only pitchforkers know who Fetty Wap is.... those late night shows trying to MADE artists and give them relevancy for a future marketing value

-Once again, you brings this "relevant" thing almost every topic, if you don't like the person or his/her opinion about some musician etc.

I'm not failing anything and btw how many foreign languages do you speak really? how many?

zero?

then calm your tits now

Enjoy my nonsense, little native pal and don't forget to send borki's name to the authorities

Yes, I liked your comment in the Gilby thread because it was one of those ever so rare occasions where you're right. Try to do that more often.

I never, EVER hear the Eagles of Death Metal on rock radio and I listen to it almost every day (both modern rock and alternative rock stations). I heard the DJ talk about them, once, in regards to this story. I don't think he even mentioned the guy's name, just that he played in Josh Homme's side-band.

My criteria for irrelevant and how much I like them doesn't matter. It's a fact that they're simply saying ridiculous things for media attention. Corey Taylor and this random aren't going to retire if GNR reunites.

FETTY WAP'S SONG WAS #2 ON THE BILLBOARD CHARTS. THE SECOND MOST POPULAR SONG IN THE UNITED STATES. IT HAS THREE HUNDRED MILLION VIEWS ON YOUTUBE. HE'S CONSTANTLY MENTIONED IN MASS MEDIA. FUCK. I don't even listen to the guy but get out of your fucking bubble and acknowledge that there are popular forms of music outside Nobody puts baby in a corner and Pitchfork.

I don't speak any foreign languages, but if I did and I was shit at it, I wouldn't go on their forums and spout half-literate nonsense in arguments with people.

well, yes

This really doesn't matter but I can't stand to see something so incredibly inaccurate being stated like it's truth. Fetty Wap's first 3 singles ever were all in the top 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 (peaking at 6, 7, and 2), a record set only by The Beatles. His debut album just sold 128k in its' first week (which, if you're unaware of 2015 sales standards, is quite impressive), claiming the #1 spot on the Billboard Albums chart. I have no idea what demographic you're speaking of when you talk about "Pitchforkers", but you're wrong here.