Axl Rose is Not Guns N' Roses says Jessie Hughes

I think Axl WOULD have the right to call it GnR without the other guys if:

- He had founded the band from the start, and owned the name from the beginning or;

- Everyone left, not because of him, but for other reasons, leaving him alone to go on with the project, and there was no contract saying he could or could not continue with the brand name.

Since none of those conditions were actually granted, on the contrary, actually, well, you get it...

That is basically what happened.

• Like 2

Jessie who?

Maybe Axl´s manners are not the best. Maybe his words about this band were unfortunate, rude, bad taste...whatever. But there is an undeniable fact: AXL ROSE owns a place in rock history and whether people like the current status of GNR or not, he is a legend alive. On the other hand, this Jessie dude is a nobody for a lot of people and it is very sad that he needs to act as a parasite using Axl´s name to get some attention.

- He had founded the band from the start, and owned the name from the beginning or;

- Everyone left, not because of him, but for other reasons, leaving him alone to go on with the project, and there was no contract saying he could or could not continue with the brand name.

Since none of those conditions were actually granted, on the contrary, actually, well, you get it...

Waaait... Are you agreeing with my post or the shit I said would've granted Axl the proper right to the name were actually done?

Waaait... Are you agreeing with my post or the shit I said would've granted Axl the proper right to the name were actually done?

I agree that it was his right to call it GNR. I concur with all your points as to why.

I agree that it was his right to call it GNR. I concur with all your points as to why.
Oh I see... :)

At this point, you gotta treat this type of fan like we treat Dilma supporters here in Brazil, there's just no point in arguing as logic does not apply.

Oh I see... :)

At this point, you gotta treat this type of fan like we treat Dilma supporters here in Brazil, there's just no point in arguing as logic does not apply.

I agree. I know what you mean. There are a lot of people like that.

Will this guy ever stop with the moaning about Axl. Fair enough Axl treated him like a prick and kicked his band from a tour... But that was nearly 10 years ago. I think Axl kicking them off that tour was their biggest break. Seems to be the only time they get a headline is when they mention it.

Eagles Of Death Metal is a different band, of course Axl's audience wouldn't like it. What a surprise. And what the guy said is spot on, Axl should just let the band reunite, ffs. It's like GNR is his hostage.

Edited by ManetsBR

Eagles Of Death Metal is a different band, of course Axl's audience wouldn't like it. What a surprise. And what the guy said is spot on, Axl should just let the band reunite, ffs. It's like GNR is his hostage.

I like tons of music that's not anything like GN'R as do many, many people on these boards. It's not like GN'R fans are simple minded people who only like GN'R music.

• Like 2

No one heard of them until they were kicked off the tour (other than it being one of Homme's side projects), so I'm sure Jesse is happy they got publicity out of it, but how much of a fuckup do you have to be to get kicked off a Guns N' Roses tour?

I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse started talking shit about GNR loud enough for Axl to hear. You have to be a real fuckup or an ungratefui prick to lose that gig.

I like tons of music that's not anything like GN'R as do many, many people on these boards. It's not like GN'R fans are simple minded people who only like GN'R music.

Thanks Russ. Also let me say, I never said it was a bad version, just not as good as gnrs. Plus I have to laugh at being called "Axl's audience" when Axl doesn't even song that song, Duff does. And yes Duff songs it a Hell of a lot better than this dude does imo.

Thanks Russ. Also let me say, I never said it was a bad version, just not as good as gnrs. Plus I have to laugh at being called "Axl's audience" when Axl doesn't even sing that song, Duff does. And yes Duff sings it a Hell of a lot better than this dude does imo. Edited by Iron MikeyJ

It did not take long before the ''his band are shit therefore he has no right to express an opinion about god Axl''' posts to surface.

Ironic that Axl's band is nothing but a big pile of shit to some people.

A little too ironic and yeah I really do think.

This part fake, because Corey Taylor said literally the exact same thing

I would retire from touring because I wouldn’t want to go up against that. You know what I’m saying? And then I would follow them like I was a Deadhead. Like I would just go to every show.”

Anyway at this point, he is right

I don't know, man. Corey is one of the best frontmen out there and few bands can play a show with the same intensity as Slipknot. Eagles of Death Metal and the other bands you mentioned suck but Corey and his bands are awesome. :)

This was really true until 2005, after that point, they still put out a great show, but not as intense as in the "glory" days. That being said, Corey is still a great frontman

Btw i would go as far as saying EODM's gimmicks are annoying, Jesse Hughes is annoying, but him and Josh Homme needs to make music together. I honestly think that the dissonant and dry guitar sound is just a joke, but songwriting wise, at least they are doing something different than your average "alternative" mainstream band these days. I actually like them a lot

Sorry, i know it's popular to hate them because Axl's comments in 2006 or maybe you people legitimately despise them but they are still better than any legacy rock acts these days (except Iron Maiden and AC/DC) :shrugs: