Rumoured Gig in Lisbon for 2016 with original Line Up - LINK to story

Can someone just find Axl? There is no way that guy has spent the last year and a half at his house.

I've spent the last two years at mine; why couldn't Axl? :P

Why I think there's not much validity to this rumour: $1.5 million. No way a reunited GNR plays one show for $1.5 million. Five to seven times that price sure, but for $1.5 million? Don't think so.

Exactly that alone makes this hogwash

Its true,in spain several promoters said that they were ofered to contract Gnr with the original lineup for 1 million dollars.There is no confirmation but a known metal journalist from spain said that,

Which one?

I´m spanish, would like to know which journalist said that. :headbang:

1. Isn't that the organization Piers Morgan worked for before he became a shill on CNN? The one that got hacking phones and putting out fake stories? No wonder he got a job in the US mainstream media. He has all the credentials.

LOL yes it is. sometimes they are onto something, but usually just attention-seeking..

(I couldn't believe they replaced Larry King with Mr. Self-Righteous Delirium, sad. Didn't last thought...)

On the Apprentice Piers was pulling out his big time friends. Someone like Branson. He had a bit of barny with Clarkson. I'm not sure which one I dislike more. Is there a british celebrity who isn't a twat. Other than Cheryl Cole.

I heard that they are really really trying to put it together, but it is not set in stone, meaning that they are still ways from actually doing it but they are more than just toying with the idea. Contracts are not done etc. And I heard it from a guy who has performed with the band. The same bloke told me that Axl and Slash also met up less than 10 years ago to discuss legal/business matters, but that did not go well...at all.

But I now have from a solid source, I can confidently believe that it's cooking and it has been truly discussed. And that is a hell of a lot to me. I hope they get it together. Oh and yes, look at the date I joined the forum; I ain't no newbie and I don't have a track record of talking shite.

Where is Ole?

Edited by Teroz
  • Like 4

This was around 2010

" Guns N' Roses reportedly raked in $1 million last year to play a private show in Moscow for Alexander Chistyakov, deputy chairman of the management board of Federal Grid Company"

This is what baffles me: Axl likes to tout his "integrity" and how he won't prostitute himself.

Axl also likes to make grand, sweeping political statements, such as his statement about the president of Indonesia.

And yet, for a simple pile of cold hard cash, Axl will sing and dance for a highly corrupt Russian. There's so much misery and wealth disparity in Russia, but for some reason it's still in keeping with INTEGRITY to sing and dance like a Russian bear?

I just don't get how anyone can defend Axl.

He is highly corrupt? Maybe Axl didn't know that. I certainly didn't know that. Google doesn't seem to know it, either. Maybe by default all oligarchs are?

As far as I remember it, this was an extra show tacked on an ongoing tour. It didn't happen instead of a normal show for fans. It's play for pay, sure, but every show is that. I have no problems with the band doing such extra shows. Unless, of course, when there is something obviously questionable with the person hiring the band.

I thought there was some friend of a friend thing. Was Volkova involved?

Didn't they play a Versace show too?

Again if you want to it's not prostitution. Nobody forced them.

GNR make an honest living not like you bums down at the bank.

• 3 weeks later...

And I heard it from a guy who has performed with the band. The same bloke told me that Axl and Slash also met up less than 10 years ago to discuss legal/business matters, but that did not go well...at all.

Them having met before, has been mentioned a few times now. It wouldn't surprise me. I've always had suspicions that they've had contact, despite both saying otherwise. Especially after that incident where Slash went to Axl's house. It originally seemed like they'd spoken in person, then suddenly Beta at the gate appeared.

But would Slash and Duff really do a reunion without Izzy and Steven?

I know it's not the same, but they sure did continue without them and did most of the Illusions tour without Izzy.

Wild theory: Slash got his new Guns tat after he knew things are cool between him and Axl.

But it's a good question. I don't think Izzy presents a problem if I had to guess, but Steven just might.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1