TB's role in a potential Reunion

double talkin jive mfkr

I guess we agree on most things. You prefer to believe Beta is a good person and she does everything out of love for Axl.

It is not something I prefer, it is something I believe is more likely. And I never said she does everything out of love. I am sure she has a complex set of motivations like everyone else, but that in this regard her main motivation is Axl's well-being.

You've studied the art of comedy for 6 years? I never would have known.

Soul is right in that at the end of the day, everything that happens can be traced back to Axl.

If he doesn't want to give his fans music to enjoy - he simply isn't going to do it. If he doesn't want to give his fans updates - he isn't going to do it.

Nothing Team Brazil can do if Axl isn't willing to play ball.

I really just wish that Axl and Team Brazil didn't see the fans as being enemies.....and instead they appreciated the fandom, loyalty and financial contributions those millions of people have made to Axl's career and lifestyle.

• Like 1

It's management's job to motivate the artist if he would rather sit on his ass and piss his career away. He's shown that he is interested in doing something, at least. If this is the best they can get out of him, then what is the point of their job? Sit back and collect money? Just because Axl is in control doesn't mean that it relieves management of responsibility.

Soul is right in that at the end of the day, everything that happens can be traced back to Axl.

If he doesn't want to give his fans music to enjoy - he simply isn't going to do it. If he doesn't want to give his fans updates - he isn't going to do it.

I really just wish that Axl and Team Brazil didn't see the fans as being enemies.....and instead they appreciated the fandom, loyalty and financial contributions those millions of people have made to Axl's career and lifestyle.

A lot of so called fans do act like enemies. I wish that the online GNR community could be more like the SUPERNATURAL. Fan base. There was so much love and respect between the artists and the fans at the Supernatural convention. If I were Axl and TB I would would want to distance myself from the haters too.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

It's management's job to motivate the artist if he would rather sit on his ass and piss his career away. He's shown that he is interested in doing something, at least. If this is the best they can get out of him, then what is the point of their job? Sit back and collect money? Just because Axl is in control doesn't mean that it relieves management of responsibility.

Management's job is usually to execute orders, from client (as in this case) or Board. Sure, smaller experienced bands would often rely on their managers to strongly advice in decisions and in many ways lead the band - lots of famous examples form the annals of rock music! But somehow I dont think this is the case with GN'R, and least not now. I am pretty sure TB's relationship with GN'R is to do whatever Axl asks them to do, however much we might dislike this. It would have been nice to hear from TB in this regards, but I don't thnk they are ging to open up on their professional relationship with Axl and what their job description details.

A lot of so called fans do act like enemies. I wish that the online GNR community could be more like the SUPERNATURAL. Fan base. There was so much love and respect between the artists and the fans at the Supernatural convention. If I were Axl and TB I would would want to distance myself from the haters too.

I do not know who Supernatural are but do they refuse to release stuff, ignore their fanbase or, when they do communicate with the fans, accuse them of 'racism' and 'complaints complaints complaints'? I doubt it since no act or management of an act in musical history has ever acted the way Axl/TeamBrazil have - it would be commercial suicide for a start!

• Like 1

Management's job is usually to execute orders, from client (as in this case) or Board. Sure, smaller experienced bands would often rely on their managers to strongly advice in decisions and in many ways lead the band - lots of famous examples form the annals of rock music! But somehow I dont think this is the case with GN'R, and least not now. I am pretty sure TB's relationship with GN'R is to do whatever Axl asks them to do, however much we might dislike this. It would have been nice to hear from TB in this regards, but I don't thnk they are ging to open up on their professional relationship with Axl and what their job description details.

No.

No.

What exactly do you disagree with or is this you refusing to be reasonable?

A manager works for a client/Board. There is a contract signed that stipulates the relationship between the parties, including what job the managers should do, do what extent the manager can make decisions alone, and what the compensation for the services are. Typically, a manager is the executive arm with the job of realizing its client's strategic objectives. For a rock band this is typically to facilitate record releases, publishing milestones, touring plans, etc. Inexperienced bands would empower their manager to not only facilitate, but also be decision-makers and intiate according to what th artist wants to achieve. In either way, the manager is bound by a contract and the client is the manager's employer.

Now, do you really think that Axl allows TB as managers to make decisions that he doesn't agree with? Do you really think TB are the ones calling the shots on what happens with GN'R? Do you really think they are anything but glorified persional assistants having to do whatever Axl decides on a day-to-day basis?

If so, on what grounds do you assign them so much power? Is it purely from a naive understanding of what managers do based on famous historic examples of powerful rock managers who held power over bands through them signing agreements they later regretted or do you have some weighty arguments?

Unfortunately that's the world we live in.

The internet gives people a place to bitch and moan.

I agree with you. I think that all if us could be more positive.

But you gotta admit. Axl and Team Brazil does make it hard for even us diehards to stay positive.

People wouldn't complain as much about Axl being a recluse if Beta and Fernando didn't come make comments about the fans being racist and a bunch of complainers.

The internet brings out the inner prick in people. But if Axl and Team Brazil just "gave" a little bit, then a lot of the negativity from the fans would go away.

If Axl had released three albums and kept the fans updated (just occasionally) then 99% of my negative posts wouldn't be on here.

How about this route. Instead of paying attention to the negative people, I wish Axl and Team Brazil would focus on the three million fans who purchased CD and who would love to pay money to purchase CD2, and to the millions of people that would pay 100-200 dollar to see the band tour next year.

I think a lot of the more vocal negative people WANT to be positive and support Axl and Team Brazil. They just can't find reasons to do so.

• Like 1

to elaborate on my not so constructive shitting the bed post well if there were a reunion tour and thats a big IF... id personally prefer to see a management team with a proven track record... nothing wrong with TB as people... im sure theyre all awesome individuals... but as a management team well.. they kinda shit the bed

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Wouldn't someone like Duff, Ron, Tommy call her out if she was controlling Axl?

It's kind of a serious thing to accuse her of without any real evidence.

I don't believe for a second that Beta or anyone else controls Axl. The only thing that is likely is that the label gets to decide some shit, for obvious reasons, but even the label doesn't get to control Axl.

Axl is all about control. No one dictates his actions. All just my guess but I think you can suggest to him, even negotiate but never control.

Unfortunately that's the world we live in.

The internet gives people a place to bitch and moan.

I agree with you. I think that all if us could be more positive.

But you gotta admit. Axl and Team Brazil does make it hard for even us diehards to stay positive.

People wouldn't complain as much about Axl being a recluse if Beta and Fernando didn't come make comments about the fans being racist and a bunch of complainers.

The internet brings out the inner prick in people. But if Axl and Team Brazil just "gave" a little bit, then a lot of the negativity from the fans would go away.

If Axl had released three albums and kept the fans updated (just occasionally) then 99% of my negative posts wouldn't be on here.

How about this route. Instead of paying attention to the negative people, I wish Axl and Team Brazil would focus on the three million fans who purchased CD and who would love to pay money to purchase CD2, and to the millions of people that would pay 100-200 dollar to see the band tour next year.

I think a lot of the more vocal negative people WANT to be positive and support Axl and Team Brazil. They just can't find reasons to do so.

QFT and I gotta say, I'm surprised this post hasn't garnered more likes. The last sentence in your post sums up my exact feelings on many posters here and elsewhere.

I don't believe for a second that Beta or anyone else controls Axl. The only thing that is likely is that the label gets to decide some shit, for obvious reasons, but even the label doesn't get to control Axl.

Axl is all about control. No one dictates his actions. All just my guess but I think you can suggest to him, even negotiate but never control.

I seriously doubt they have him pumped full of meds. Thats why I like see a tantrum or two. Don't let the hats distract u it's still Axl!

The label definitely controling releases especially in this day and age and situation. If Slash and Duff return they might loosen up the labels ass.

I seriously doubt they have him pumped full of meds. Thats why I like see a tantrum or two. Don't let the hats distract u it's still Axl!

The label definitely controling releases especially in this day and age and situation. If Slash and Duff return they might loosen up the labels ass.

Clearly the label has some say, but I don't think they have the final musical say. He swapped songs right before the release he said.

The label, Axl, and the lawyers control the release. And they negotiate until they get the Best deal. Azzof tried to control, it didn't last.

It's funny that a lot of people say here that Axl surrounds himself with yes men, yet somehow some of those yes men and betas control Axl? I just don't buy that shit.

Clearly the label has some say, but I don't think they have the final musical say. He swapped songs right before the release he said.

The label, Axl, and the lawyers control the release. And they negotiate until they get the Best deal. Azzof tried to control, it didn't last.

It's funny that a lot of people say here that Axl surrounds himself with yes men, yet somehow some of those yes men and betas control Axl? I just don't buy that shit.

There's a reason The Shaq Rap was never released.

The label can pull the plug on anything, but so can Axl. But if Axl says here's the record and they are like nah. What can he do?

What Axl was doing line up wise and musically also a factor. Beavan's record was probably fine from a music perspective. Just a record. But the reprecussions could have seen to be a long term disaster.