TB's role in a potential Reunion

double talkin jive mfkr

i will state here that i think woman beaters are the lowest of lowest. but of course, one hit differs from the other. it's hard to judge axl when we dont know the facts

We know the claims, we just don't know the rebuttal from Axl. He just paid them off.

a claim is not the same as a fact.

can you show me the proof that shows axl has beaten up a woman, any woman? and no, paying her off is not proof. it's not even an indication. it just means axl paid her money, so she would refrain from her claim. it's not a confession of guilt. if it were, prosecution would have an easy case in criminal court.

There is always a suggestion - implication perhaps - of guilt when there has been a pay-off, a suggestion that will never rescind. The best analogy here is the two Michael Jackson paedophile accusations. Michael Jackson - today - is a ''suggested paedophile'' (I think that is a fair statement which even his fans would have to concede) not because of the second Arvizo case, which he successfully fought in 2005, but because he paid-off Jordan Chandler in 1994. This was unsound advice by his lawyers of the time.

To defend yourself in a trial is the only way to remove culpability. A pay-off suggests guilt and/or a weak defense along with an unwillingness to defend your reputation.

The way I see Beta was Axl's assistant and every manager that came in probably tried to do things Axl didnt want to and Beta had to deal with that. So either let me be the manager to avoid this or I have to stop because it's too much hassle. It was probably making Axl unhappy and causing her pain.

without beta, axl wouldnt be here anymore, and we wouldn't all be here discussing a possible reunion anyway.

she only, what? saved our hero? what a wench she is...

someone should give that beta lad a medal

What do you mean by "Axl wouldn't be here anymore"? That without Beta, Axl, the little coward, would have killed himself years ago? I highly doubt it.

And whoever considers an allegedly women beater as a hero, should work on their low self-esteem.

rock in rio 2001, axl's words: he wouldnt be there if it were not for beta. i assume he's saying he would be dead if it wasnt for her. how he would have died, is anyone's guess. what matters is, in some way of another she was responsible for his survival. wether "the little coward" would have killed himself or not, i dont know. i only know what axl said on that day.

allegedly he was a woman beater, but who made you or anyone else judge and jury in this case? erin crushed axl's ball sack, so who's right or wrong? i sure as hell dont know nor do i have any interest in analysing axl"s tumultuous love life.

Soul can you interpret this for the rest of us?

Action, four different women sued or reported him as being physically abusive towards them. I just read Stephen Pearcy's book and he says he went to a party and saw Axl punch Stephanie in the face. Axl ended up paying 1.5 million dollars to Erin/Stephanie for them to drop their cases against him.

Anybody who isn't as biased towards Axl as you are, can look back and make a pretty confident conclusion on what happened back then. But instead of looking silly by denying it, why not just realize that it happened 20-30 years ago, and that he probably has grown and matured since then, and is living a very different lifestyle now. None of us are the same people we were at 22 years old.

One thing I always find odd about these stories is the apparent lack of intervention by the people who were there and saw Axl abuse women. If Axl was punching Stephanie in the face in the presence of Stephen Pearcy and whoever else was at the party, didn't it occur to anyone to restrain him or at least call the police? Was woman-beating such a normal thing among these people that nobody thought much of it?

I don't believe that really happened. Why would a beautiful woman like Stephanie ever put up with that. She has her own demons. I think the infamous fight with Axl started over her snorting cocaine in front of her son in his house. Peter Brandt had a lot of dirt on her drug abuse in their divorce stuff

Edited by Little EMO Annie

The way I see Beta was Axl's assistant and every manager that came in probably tried to do things Axl didnt want to and Beta had to deal with that. So either let me be the manager to avoid this or I have to stop because it's too much hassle. It was probably making Axl unhappy and causing her pain.

That seems like a very reasonable explanation. I don't think the previous managers really wanted to support Axls vision of GNR

Axl beat her and she sued him, Axl got scared and paid her off. Same happened with Erin. Poor women, abused by a coward.

Peter Brandt was behind supeoning Erin. He is a billionaire who is known for playing dirty. Then Erin saw her chance to score some cash. There are 2 sides to every story. Some people bring out the worst in all of us. If somebody truly abused me I would never want their money. Just my freedom. And safety. You can't put a price on peace of mind. Years ago one of my patients mothers told me that her husband abused her. I told her that it wasn't her fault and thAt if she couldn't leave for herself then she should leave for her child. When the baby came back for his 3rd heart surgery she refused to let me take care of the baby. She went around telling everybody that I came onto her husband. So who knows what the truth is in those situations

Edited by Little EMO Annie

Axl is meant to be this 'hard guy', 'tough in a fight' yet Vince Neil called Axl out and he chickened out. Cobain and Courtney called him to his face and he chickened out - see a pattern emerging here? When faced with another man, Axl is as yellow livered as they come. But when he is alone with women it is a different story. Axl beat Erin and Stephanie to a pulp for his own personal gratification. There are few people more vile than lassie bashers.

By the same token you could ask, why did he pay them off? Assuming Axl is innocent and had access to a decent lawyer, he could have successfully defended himself in court, emerging with his reputation and honour intact, and far richer? To have paid them off carries with it a suggestion of culpability. Let's assume Erin and Stephanie are lying then. Why would Axl pay off these liars?

All I am saying is that settling a civil suit out of court is not necessarily an admission of guilt. I have seen lawyers twist things around and bring up totally unrelated things to the issues at hand to play with the jury's emotions. To be honest, I never want to have any decision regarding my life left to a jury of people who really don't want to be there.

I don't believe that really happened. Why would a beautiful woman like Stephanie ever put up with that. She has her own demons. I think the infamous fight with Axl started over her snorting cocaine in front of her son in his house. Peter Brandt had a lot of dirt on her drug abuse in their divorce stuff

Why would a beautiful woman put up with abuse? God people spout some ignorant shit here. Yeah that's right, only ugly women put up with abuse.

• Like 1

Why would a beautiful woman put up with abuse? God people spout some ignorant shit here. Yeah that's right, only ugly women put up with abuse.

To clarify. I don't think a famous supermodel would tolerate somebody punching her in her FACE in front of other people. So I don't think that Pearcy guy is telling the truth.

To clarify. I don't think a famous supermodel would tolerate somebody punching her in her FACE in front of other people. So I don't think that Pearcy guy is telling the truth.
Yeah sure, and I'll bet Tina Turner's face or Whitney Houston's meant nothing to their career when their respective partners were beating the hell out of them.

I don't give a fuck if I get banned for this. Are you so outrageously fucking ignorant that you can't comprehend that abusive relationships most often occur when someone is both in awe of/love with somebody and also afraid and intimidated by them? Honestly it sickens me that people that clueless are out walking around.

You are not just staggeringly full of shit, but dangerously and offensively. You have no idea how abusive relationships work and I'd suggest you educate yourself instead of deifying perpetrators.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 2

Since no criminal charges were ever filed I am willing to give Axl the benefit of the doubt. He is no Ike Turner.

None of us know and it is a bit silly to be adamant in our opinions when they are just based on what we believe. That being said, I think a case could be made that Axl, at least back in th day, was more like Ike Turner than Mahatma Gandhi. We could always claim that in the fights they had, and we knew he fought, his girlfriends was the instigator and he was just defending himself, but I find that very implausible.

EDIT: Turns out that Gandhi was not a good example of perfect behaviour towards women :D

Edited by SoulMonster

I just think a lot of the stories about Axl were sensationalized. Never said he was a saint. But he was no Ike Turner either. Ike Turner was insanely jealous of Tina's talent and hated living in her shadow. Erin Everly was arrested for pulling a knife on a boyfriend who she got pregnant by while she was married to a much older man who was a millionaire. But this all happened a long time ago.

Axl beat her and she sued him, Axl got scared and paid her off. Same happened with Erin. Poor women, abused by a coward.

Peter Brandt was behind supeoning Erin. He is a billionaire who is known for playing dirty. Then Erin saw her chance to score some cash. There are 2 sides to every story. Some people bring out the worst in all of us. If somebody truly abused me I would never want their money. Just my freedom. And safety. You can't put a price on peace of mind. Years ago one of my patients mothers told me that her husband abused her. I told her that it wasn't her fault and thAt if she couldn't leave for herself then she should leave for her child. When the baby came back for his 3rd heart surgery she refused to let me take care of the baby. She went around telling everybody that I came onto her husband. So who knows what the truth is in those situations

Oh, I see. Whether these abused women wanted money or not, that's not the point. The point is that they were brutally beaten and in several occasions by coward, terrible human being Axl Rose. He paid them off to shut them up.

This has gotten so off topic that this is going to be my last comment. I do not deny that these were tumultuous relationships. All parties involved share some responsibility for what went down. Some people just bring out the worst in others if they push the right or wrong buttons. I'm just saying that there is no real proof that they were brutally beaten. I am just wary of people who sue celebrities for money way after the fact when no criminal charges were filed. There was an interview a while back with I think it was Mike Clink who said that he tried to help Axl and Erin manage their arguments. He told her maybe she should just leave if things were so bad. She came home and told Axl that he came on to her.

I am also wary of somebody who sells their story to a semi-tabloid magazine like PEOPLE. I am also wary of somebody who saves stuff from their "abusive" marriage and sells very private things at a public auction 30 years later.