TB's role in a potential Reunion

double talkin jive mfkr

The American Dream usually entails social mobility through hard work and talent. Well, thinking about it, wiping Axl's backside is probably hard work - especially these days!

That the American Dream Dream ;). I am sure that if you look at people admired for having claimed to the highest eschelons of US society, many of them have taken a few shortcuts on their way.

• Like 1

TB will be just Axl's personal assistance/manager, there is no way they will be able to control Slash and Duff. There will be a lot of lawyers and paper work involved IF any sort of reunion happens.

I agree. Each guy would retain his own current management, I suspect.

The American Dream usually entails social mobility through hard work and talent. Well, thinking about it, wiping Axl's backside is probably hard work - especially these days!

That the American Dream Dream ;). I am sure that if you look at people admired for having claimed to the highest eschelons of US society, many of them have taken a few shortcuts on their way.

Are you calling Axl's anus massage a 'short cut'? Team Brazil should get a medal.

• Like 1

Haha 'social mobility'. Yeah, the social mobility of latching on to someone with mental problems and a history of abuse, convincing him you're his mother, making him dependent on you for years and then actually telling him (by her own admission!) that if he doesn't let you manage his band you'll walk?

Not that I agree with how you portray the situation -- which is conjecture for comedic effect -- but using all means necesarry to claw your way from the gutter to power, isn't all that in contradiction with the American Dream. Fact still remains that she was an immigrant with a nanny job who now leads Team Brazil, managers of a fairly large music band. That is de facto social mobility regardles of what you may think of how you believe she has done it.

None of what I posted was conjecture. I'm interested to know which aspects of it you do not think are backed up by the facts. Beta most certainly made that threat to Axl and later bragged about it to fans.

I will concede that being ruthless, cold, manipulative and heartless, stepping on someone to attain a level of power that one neither deserves or is qualified to wield could well be considered the modern version of the American Dream though. And modern America is tanking fast. A little like Axl's band.

Haha 'social mobility'. Yeah, the social mobility of latching on to someone with mental problems and a history of abuse, convincing him you're his mother, making him dependent on you for years and then actually telling him (by her own admission!) that if he doesn't let you manage his band you'll walk?

Not that I agree with how you portray the situation -- which is conjecture for comedic effect -- but using all means necesarry to claw your way from the gutter to power, isn't all that in contradiction with the American Dream. Fact still remains that she was an immigrant with a nanny job who now leads Team Brazil, managers of a fairly large music band. That is de facto social mobility regardles of what you may think of how you believe she has done it.

None of what I posted was conjecture. I'm interested to know which aspects of it you do not think are backed up by the facts.

That their relationship can be precisely described as Beta having "latched onto" Axl, that she has convinced him she his mother, and that she has made him dependent on her.

These are just childish conjectures with the aim of vilifying Beta and get some laughs from people easily amused. We don't know if there is anything malignant about their relationship. And no, lovingly referring to her as his mother doesn't mean he actually believes she is that nor that this is part of some sinister plot from her side.

None of what I posted was conjecture. I'm interested to know which aspects of it you do not think are backed up by the facts. Beta most certainly made that threat to Axl and later bragged about it to fans.

I will concede that being ruthless, cold, manipulative and heartless, stepping on someone to attain a level of power that one neither deserves or is qualified to wield could well be considered the modern version of the American Dream though. And modern America is tanking fast. A little like Axl's band.

All normal people can do is take people at their word.

Axl has called Beta his "mom" in a very public setting. Going so far as to attempt to punch somebody for bumping into his "mom."

Beta told a reporter that she told Axl she would leave him if he didn't make her the bands manager.

Beta lives in Axl's mansion.

Beta has contacted/lashed out as mods on here to have topics and posters banned when they made posts that she didn't like.

But Soulmonster is right. We shouldn't accept the words that have came out of Axl and Beta's mouths. We shouldn't believe what they have actually said. Ignore them, think of them as lying.

Instead we should take Soumonsters opinion on what he says Axl and Beta really meant.

All of us on here should be thankful that we have Soulmonster here to educate us.

Lol. You can't make this stuff up.

• Like 2

Yes. The management are responsible for output. If Axl can't get off his arse and release something new, you negotiate to put out archival releases. If your live DVD comes out shit, you don't release it.

If they can't convince him to play one new song over the course of several years, what good are they to anyone but themselves? I may as well declare myself manager of a dead goat's arsehole. That's not going to do anything I tell it to either. Just stagnate and stink, much like Guns have been doing for the last 5 years.

Everyone acts like Axl's in charge. Is he fuck. It's a complete fallacy. He does what Beta tells him to do or threatens him into, e.g. promoting her to manager so she wouldn't take her wub away. If she has enough power to force him into that, I'm sure she could force and threaten him into putting one single solitary song out at some point in the last several years.

But it's clear from her comments e.g. "Great, now we don't have to release a new album" that she has zero inclination to do so.

Whether or not it is Axl or Team Brazil's fault for the current situation, I think we can certainly say that, in Team Brazil, Axl finally obtained the management he always desired. It was obvious really early on that W. Axl Rose likes to (for some odd reason) surround himself with people who crawl up his arse - people like Del James - and all his previous managers occasionally had to say inconvenient truths and/or force him out of his lethargic stupor. In Team Brazil, Axl finally found a management which is devoted to, 100% on demand brown-nosing, and will not say something which could potentially initiate another one of those infamous Axl tantrums. ''Why hire outside 'professional' management when you can simply promote your own sycophants to the position?'' Conundrum sorted.

Axl is a special case though. He can and will just go home. It's his band he calls the shots and TB try to comply. Noven, Dougie and Merck even Doc tried but nothing happens. No manager can really do anything. Funny thing is when he says ok they reject the albums anyway.

Axl is a special case though. He can and will just go home. It's his band he calls the shots and TB try to comply. Noven, Dougie and Merck even Doc tried but nothing happens. No manager can really do anything. Funny thing is when he says ok they reject the albums anyway.

I know an album was rejected in 1999, but do we have any concrete evidence the label rejected another album in 2010?

I know an album was rejected in 1999

Source?

Source?

Axl himself. I choose to believe him that the label thought it could have been better, especially with Beaven as the producer and the more experimental approach they took going by Oh My God.

Edited by Rovim

I know an album was rejected in 1999, but do we have any concrete evidence the label rejected another album in 2010?

Depends what you call concrete. There's no one on record as saying anything like with Chinese Whispers. It was around the time those remixes leaked. It would fit in with what Axl said in the chats about same bat time, same bat channel when asked about the follow up. Supposedly the label felt it was too close to the perception of CD flopping. So anything associated with it would follow suit. All rumor and conjecture.

Source?

Axl himself. I choose to believe him that the label thought it can be better, especially with Beaven as the producer and the more experimental approach they took going by Oh My God.

Zutaut confirmed it. He said label said there was no hit and they wanted to sell 20 million. Not 4 mil.

anyone thinks the label doesnt control GNR releases is naive. If theres doubts they just wait til next year.