TB's role in a potential Reunion

double talkin jive mfkr

would they get entirely pushed out? i personally don't see that happening....i see them being somehow involved or controlling the thing with axl still at the helm and quite amazingly being the diplomat of the bunch! keeping duff/slash happy etc hahaha

what are your thoughts?

PS I have the best profile photo

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

I think they'll have to accept a smaller role. They've shown they can't handle nugnr (wedding, bowling alley and stupid Vegas residencies). A reunited GNR would be WAY too much for them.

I still don't see that one as a big deal. The Stones played a billionaire's wife's birthday party this year. Is that really any different than playing a wedding? It's easy money. No one is knocking The Stones' management for booking them at a private function like that.

• Like 1

I think they'll have to accept a smaller role. They've shown they can't handle nugnr (wedding, bowling alley and stupid Vegas residencies). A reunited GNR would be WAY too much for them.

I still don't see that one as a big deal. The Stones played a billionaire's wife's birthday party this year. Is that really any different than playing a wedding? It's easy money. No one is knocking The Stones' management for booking them at a private function like that.

The difference is the Stones haven't been diminished to a minor act along the way. Nugnr has become a joke and the crowds are dwindling. GNR are/were not ascending under TB's management. Whether that is Axl's fault or not is beside the point, also. Axl isn't the manager either and he wouldn't be under a reunited GNR.

Management needs to be more neutral in regards to the members and needs to serve the band, not a specific person. That's what assistants are for.

They will take care of Axl and Guns N Roses will be managed by the band (Axl, Duff, and Slash). They are trying to maximize their profit. Slash has done a lot by himself, Duff can handle finances and Axl brings the name. They will manage it with hired assistants doing the smaller things but scheduling and negotiations will be handled by the actual band.

scheduling and negotiations will be handled by the actual band.

I don't see that being possible. So many things pop up along the way that it would be too much for them to handle and perform. If you leave all of the side things to all of the assistants, that's a recipe for disaster.

The difference is the Stones haven't been diminished to a minor act along the way. Nugnr has become a joke and the crowds are dwindling. GNR are/were not ascending under TB's management. Whether that is Axl's fault or not is beside the point, also. Axl isn't the manager either and he wouldn't be under a reunited GNR.

Management needs to be more neutral in regards to the members and needs to serve the band, not a specific person. That's what assistants are for.

That's all fair and I won't disagree with you. But why should diminishing returns be a criteria for judging GN'R for playing private parties differently than you judge The Stones for it? Gn'R didn't do a couple of weddings out of necessity - they sure didn't need to do it for the money. If Axl was broke and did them because he needed the money, you'd have a point. But they didn't - they chose to play them, no different than The Stones.

That's all fair and I won't disagree with you. But why should diminishing returns be a criteria for judging GN'R for playing private parties differently than you judge The Stones for it? Gn'R didn't do a couple of weddings out of necessity - they sure didn't need to do it for the money. If Axl was broke and did them because he needed the money, you'd have a point. But they didn't - they chose to play them, no different than The Stones.

The difference is the one booked the Stones when the other just booked fakeGuns. :lol:

No, the point is they degraded themselves for the million dollars. The wedding looked desperately pathetic. Some say it was for a friend. A million dollars for a "friend?" Meh, I don't buy it. The way they handled it was bogus. They shifted all of the gear at the last minute for it which had to totally fuck with the crew. That only adds to the look of desperation. Another cash grab.

I don't know wtf they were thinking with the bowling alley. That was approaching the level of Spinal Tap at the air force base. Axl was apparently surprised by this gig. He didn't choose this gig.

Vegas residencies are for washed up acts. There may be some exceptions but that is generally the rule. When all else fails, go to Vegas.

Do we need to discuss Nightrain? What an embarrassment to fanclubs everywhere.

Maybe that's ok for nugnr but not for the real deal.

Edited by Rustycage

Team Brazil would have the most prominent role in a reunion.

Axl is under their spell... so when they say jump he says how high... when they say bark he says how loud...

Team Brazil would keep an eye on who says what and what affected Axl's emotions... and eventually the reunion will go kaput.

And btw... I will be much happier that no reunion happens... I have a lot of respect for Axl's non-sellout life... since he has said "not in this lifetime"... I want him to stick to his words.

TB will be on stage the entire show, no doubt, translating Axl to the crowd and vice versa and taking over Pitmans parts as well. They'll be there: "without team brazil, there would be no more Guns N Roses", or wait was it Paul Tobias...

Team Complaints have one main interest, which is mooching off a messed up rockstar. They'll go along with that interest and sucking up to Axl. They've already proven to be completely incompetent suckups, so there's no doubt in my mind this will change.

I see them as being the thing Axl is most likely to fall out with the others over. If I we're Slash in particular, I wouldn't want to have to answer to them.

I don't doubt they've been invaluable to Axl in his personal life but they've indulged him in messing up his reputation and career. His very own Yoko Ono. (Or was that Paul Tobias?)

Either way, to put them in charge of the what could be the biggest reunion of all time (under the right management) would border on farcical.

Team Complaints have one main interest, which is mooching off a messed up rockstar. They'll go along with that interest and sucking up to Axl. They've already proven to be completely incompetent suckups, so there's no doubt in my mind this will change.

TB's one and only role in a reunion is to make sure it never happens for their own benefit.

Duff n Izzy must have already tangled with these monsters and lived. I think you we are demonizing TB too much.

The real problems seem to be more legal. Axls perception of Steven maybe true. Say if Axl is late, what if that is perfect opportunity for Steven to quit and sue Axl etc.

Same could happen in reverse. What if Steven melts down, Axl goes home.

Or Izzy, Slash, Duff decide Axl is out of line. Rightly so and say Izzy quits. Go get Gilby I'm out. Why not?

Maybe you are right they would need to not bring...Honestly being sober helps to deal with Axl and touring. And any perceptions of TB as Axl's enforcers should be put aside. I mean come on Beta is some mind controlling dictator? They just follow Axl's orders. If not them then Dougie or some new ex SAS marine will do it.

Ever danced with Dr. brownstone in the pale moon light?

• Like 1

TB/mommy are the biggest obstacle. The fact that a nanny/maid is Axl Rose' manager is just fucking weird.

I belive ebeing able to go from being a nanny to being a PA to becoming a band manager is called "The American Dream". It is not weird at all, unless you happen to live somewhere where that kind of social mobility is somehow impossible.

They've shown they can't handle nugnr (wedding, bowling alley and stupid Vegas residencies). A reunited GNR would be WAY too much for them.

On the contrary, all of these tours have happened with next to no problems. That is unheard of in GN'R's history. If anything, TB has shown that they are able to manage a touring GN'R better than anyone else so far. You might dislike the very decision to play Vegas residencies, or smaller bars with a bowling alley attached, or private weddings, but I don't think TB is the ones calling the shots on these things ;)

Haha 'social mobility'. Yeah, the social mobility of latching on to someone with mental problems and a history of abuse, convincing him you're his mother, making him dependent on you for years and then actually telling him (by her own admission!) that if he doesn't let you manage his band you'll walk?

That's the American Dream? No. The Brazilian Nightmare.

Haha 'social mobility'. Yeah, the social mobility of latching on to someone with mental problems and a history of abuse, convincing him you're his mother, making him dependent on you for years and then actually telling him (by her own admission!) that if he doesn't let you manage his band you'll walk?

Not that I agree with how you portray the situation -- which is conjecture for comedic effect -- but using all means necesarry to claw your way from the gutter to power, isn't all that in contradiction with the American Dream. Fact still remains that she was an immigrant with a nanny job who now leads Team Brazil, managers of a fairly large music band. That is de facto social mobility regardles of what you may think of how you believe she has done it.

TB's role in everything they do is keeping Axl happy, doing what he says.

Axl calls all the shots. If he wants to do a reunion, or half a reunion, all TB can do is comply, regardless of their opinion on it.

And things seem to improve between Slash and Axl? Duff played full shows, Chinese material included. I really don't see a problem with keeping the team in line.

I don't believe they'll ever risk their relationship with Axl or jobs just cause Beta really, really doesn't like Slash.

Edited by Rovim