The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Bruce Springsteen is also rumored to be announcing a tour on Friday. So that probably has nothing to do with either of these bands, and isn't rumored to involve Europe, but I'm just excited for that.

Mygnrforum is proud to bring you exclusive details on the forthcoming GN'R reunion! To commemorate their 20ish year anniversary of their legendary performance at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, rockers Axl Rose and Bruce Springsteen will in 2016 reunite for their "Come Together" tour. The tour that is rumoured to feature covers of various deep tracks from the discography of the Beatles will hit various famous clubs and bars in the UK before ending with a four week residency at "The Top Ten Club" in Hamburg.

Edited by SoulMonster

HALESTORM's LZZY HALE Is 'So Excited' About Reunion Of Classic GUNS N' ROSES Lineup

HALESTORM frontwoman Lzzy Hale was interviewed by rock journalist Mitch Lafon for a recent edition of the "One On One With Mitch Lafon" podcast (Facebook page). You can now listen to the chat using the Spreaker widget below.

Asked for her thoughts on the persistent rumors of a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup, Hale said: It got me so excited when I was hearing it come down the pike from friends… And, I mean, in the back of my head, I know it's true, and then in the front of my head, I'm, like, 'Oh my God! I hope I'm right. I hope everybody's right that's been telling me.' 'Cause it's heartbreaking when you know of these bands that influenced you that were great bands. These are guys that changed the face of rock on whatever level that you wanna put them on, and it's a shame when they can't get along, or they don't wanna get back together, or they don't speak. Because I can't imagine, in my band, we've literally spent over twelve years, like, living two feet from each other, and I can't think of anything that anybody could possibly do that I wouldn't even wanna speak to them anymore. So, to me, just on that level of it, I'm excited for them, and I'm excited for that to happen."

Hale was also asked what her reaction would be if HALESTORM was asked to open for GUNS N' ROSES on a hypothetical reunion tour. She said: "Are you kidding me? If that call comes in, I will walk there if I have to and play the show."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/halestorms-lzzy-hale-is-so-excited-about-reunion-of-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup/

A different take on the rumours from Men's magazine, Loaded

http://loaded.co.uk/guns-n-roses-get-the-wight-stuff/

This lacts official sources, but it's the most credible / realistic look at a reunion that I've read from any media outlet.

There's a number of reasons why I don't think we'll get a reunion announcement on Friday, or anytime soon. And one of the main reasons is that Axl won't shelve the next record, he wants to release it. What part of the last 15 or so years would suggest that Axl would jump ship now? Apparently, the records done! I can see him wanting to release it, and tour it. After that he could go off with the old band as long as bridges are indeed mended.

That's not what some people want to hear but I think it's far more likely, and the truth is a reunion will be just as successful in 2017/18 as it would be in 2016 so there's no issues on the timeframe other than doing it while everyone can still pull it off.

it seems reasonable except the part about axl wanting to tour more with the current lineup, because they are short 2 guitarists.

Edited by PITBOSS

At least we know Duff is back ! Yes, I know the GN'R Facebook posts mean nothing but I'd like to believe this one is a sign and not just because I'm in it. You can all laugh at me for paying to be in the fan club but I bet we get first crack at reunion tickets!

If they're playing festivals, you're not getting first crack at anything.

Hellfest and Graspop are still to announce their final headliner. I remember the debacle of GNR cancelling on Graspop and having to announce Soulfly as headliner...

I was talking about shows here in the US when they do their own headlining tour not major overseas festivals. I'd love to be at the first reunion show but I can't see flying overseas though I have always wanted to attend a major festival like Download and a reunited GN'R would be as good of a reason as any.

To me Guns do not seem like a Glastonbury band in the slightest, too American white trashy with appropriated heavy metalisms. Despite the influx of the prawn sandwich brigade with their designer wellies and humus, the festival still likes to think itself wedded in hippy ethics. I mean heck, it took fifty years for the Stones to play it (another band which do not see quite, a Glastonbury act)!

Bruce Springsteen is also rumored to be announcing a tour on Friday. So that probably has nothing to do with either of these bands, and isn't rumored to involve Europe, but I'm just excited for that.

Mygnrforum is proud to bring you exclusive details on the forthcoming GN'R reunion! To commemorate their 20ish year anniversary of their legendary performance at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, rockers Axl Rose and Bruce Springsteen will in 2016 reunite for their "Come Together" tour. The tour that is rumoured to feature covers of various deep tracks from the discography of the Beatles will hit various famous clubs and bars in the UK before ending with a four week residency at "The Top Ten Club" in Hamburg.

So many's been PMing me after these exclusive news, asking "But what about Slash!?", and I am proud to announce to you, and every sloppy, lazy journalists who might be reading this, that Slash will indeed reunite too! With Michael Jackson! For his 2016 hologram tour of Asia! Slash will be brought onstage to lend his rocking riffs and solos to selected MJ songs, including "Money" and "Everybody's Somebody's Fool".

• Like 1

So many's been PMing me after these exclusive news, asking "But what about Slash!?", and I am proud to announce to you, and every sloppy, lazy journalists who might be reading this, that Slash will indeed reunite too! With Michael Jackson! For his 2016 hologram tour of Asia! Slash will be brought onstage to lend his rocking riffs and solos to selected MJ songs, including "Money" and "Everybody's Somebody's Fool".
Your forgetting the surprise appearance by Elvis. Edited by liers

HALESTORM's LZZY HALE Is 'So Excited' About Reunion Of Classic GUNS N' ROSES Lineup

HALESTORM frontwoman Lzzy Hale was interviewed by rock journalist Mitch Lafon for a recent edition of the "One On One With Mitch Lafon" podcast (Facebook page). You can now listen to the chat using the Spreaker widget below.

Asked for her thoughts on the persistent rumors of a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup, Hale said: It got me so excited when I was hearing it come down the pike from friends And, I mean, in the back of my head, I know it's true, and then in the front of my head, I'm, like, 'Oh my God! I hope I'm right. I hope everybody's right that's been telling me.' 'Cause it's heartbreaking when you know of these bands that influenced you that were great bands. These are guys that changed the face of rock on whatever level that you wanna put them on, and it's a shame when they can't get along, or they don't wanna get back together, or they don't speak. Because I can't imagine, in my band, we've literally spent over twelve years, like, living two feet from each other, and I can't think of anything that anybody could possibly do that I wouldn't even wanna speak to them anymore. So, to me, just on that level of it, I'm excited for them, and I'm excited for that to happen."

Hale was also asked what her reaction would be if HALESTORM was asked to open for GUNS N' ROSES on a hypothetical reunion tour. She said: "Are you kidding me? If that call comes in, I will walk there if I have to and play the show."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/halestorms-lzzy-hale-is-so-excited-about-reunion-of-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup/

Lizzy is awesome.

This lacts official sources, but it's the most credible / realistic look at a reunion that I've read from any media outlet.

There's a number of reasons why I don't think we'll get a reunion announcement on Friday, or anytime soon. And one of the main reasons is that Axl won't shelve the next record, he wants to release it. What part of the last 15 or so years would suggest that Axl would jump ship now? Apparently, the records done! I can see him wanting to release it, and tour it. After that he could go off with the old band as long as bridges are indeed mended.

That's not what some people want to hear but I think it's far more likely, and the truth is a reunion will be just as successful in 2017/18 as it would be in 2016 so there's no issues on the timeframe other than doing it while everyone can still pull it off.

I want to believe that. I want just something to be true, either rumor or not. I hate the not knowing.

but 100% if they don't do the reunion and Axl releases and tours the mythical CDII, it will be a failure. Cause everyone is now expecting the big thing. I don't see how they could pull that off successfully, without saying "we're doing this, then a reunion" and even then people would just wait for the reunion.

I didn't think of this until you said that, but the average fan might be excited about this, but not following it like we are... They hear a a lot of GnR is reuniting rumors in mainstream press, see a "NEW GUNS N ROSES" album and buy it thinking it's the old line-up.

That makes silence from Axl's camp seem brilliant.

God, I hope I didn't figure this thing out just now.

I want to believe that. I want just something to be true, either rumor or not. I hate the not knowing.

but 100% if they don't do the reunion and Axl releases and tours the mythical CDII, it will be a failure. Cause everyone is now expecting the big thing. I don't see how they could pull that off successfully, without saying "we're doing this, then a reunion" and even then people would just wait for the reunion.

I didn't think of this until you said that, but the average fan might be excited about this, but not following it like we are... They hear a a lot of GnR is reuniting rumors in mainstream press, see a "NEW GUNS N ROSES" album and buy it thinking it's the old line-up.

That makes silence from Axl's camp seem brilliant.

God, I hope I didn't figure this thing out just now.

Its a nice thought, but absolutely not. Like I said, if all this news leads to something that ISN'T a GNR reunion, people will know. The headline won't be CDII, the headline will be "Guns N Roses Does Not Reunite, Slash Still Out, New Album Without Anyone You Care About Coming 'Soon'". Sorry, but thats just the truth. Personally I don't see any way they'll weasel out of this if it isn't reunion. They won't be able to "trick" anyone, and its anything that isn't a reunion will be a hard sell, if not an impossible one.

If there's an Izzy song and a Slash co-write on the next album then they tour playing those songs on the reunion tour...

And the fact that lzzy is into GnR!!! Maybe her an axl could duet or have a guest spot!! Cmon baby!!
CD II featuring Slash, Izzy and Duff.
  • Like 1

GN’R Are ​​"Days Away" From my ass. Thats where GN'R are.

Not gonna happen, guys. Loose your illusion.

Simply Axl will tour next year with New GNR and in some Dates, Izzy, Duff and Slash will come up to the stage to play some of the classics. Just like it has been in the past but with the addition of Slash for some dates.

GN’R Are ​​"Days Away" From my ass. Thats where GN'R are.

Not gonna happen, guys. Loose your illusion.

Simply Axl will tour next year with New GNR and in some Dates, Izzy, Duff and Slash will come up to the stage to play some of the classics. Just like it has been in the past but with the addition of Slash for some dates.

I seriously doubt Slash would want (or the fanbase for that matter) to be just a "temp" guitarist, filling in for some songs..especially given his and Axl's previous relationship. IF he comes back he'll have a full slot (sort to speak) and will play the whole set, IMO.

I'm not against that. It's possible Slash does a guest spot.

But normally Slash played Ron's stuff too. So if Ron is there Slash is just in the Dj role. Ron will be doing Estranged etc or just CD matetial?

It's just a new scenario. I kind of see how Slash and Fortus might work.