Burberry and other luxury brands

kogun

On the topic of knock-offs, a guy who has a womenswear shop locally has just been convicted of selling fake designer goods. 95% of his stock is prom dresses, with some casualwear too. He was found selling knock-off LV bags, because nearby shops claimed to be "losing out" against him.

Everyone knows that a £10 bag isn't Louis Vuitton, and those who are going to shop at the nearby Reiss, Mint Velvet, Debenhams etc. aren't going to bother with his prom dress shop.

Tbh, his dresses are really nice and often look way better than designer evening-wear.

OH SHIT...

Was this UK?

But oh shit still.

Shiiiiiit....

I have dresses too though, that's the thing.

Shit... Oh well.

I've got to stop getting knock offs, and the genuine thing might be a pain... Am just going to go for non branded fashion, got my eye on a wholesaler too now.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I bought this really nice casual white striped shirt at the local Target when it was closing down. 4 dollars, one of the more comfortable shirts I own honestly.

I'm indifferent. I can't afford luxury shirts like that at this point in my life. Other people obviously can. Honestly, to each their own. Just don't hold it above my head and think you're better than everyone else because of it.

• Like 1

The fake/counterfeit goods thing can really affect the big brands. Burberry being a case in point. The whole Burberry/chav thing nearly fucked them. It was a shame becuase it they produced some really good stuff.

You see loads of people with LV belts etc, and bags. You just know they are moody.

I'm quite the fan of ALLSAINTS. The quality isn't all that good, but I love the design and purchase regularly.

I LOVE AllSaints ^_^

Their leathers are excellent quality. I got a leather jacket for my 21st birthday, 6 years on and I still love it, it's so soft and has that lived-in look now while not being completely wrecked.

• Like 1

How much are your Louis Vuitton belts moosh?

Because you want to look more like Liberace?

Who wouldn't? there some classy dudes love them jackets they wear too

Ignore him, he's a northerner, his idea of dressing up is a fresh pair of dungarees and taking his horseshit gumboots off for a pair of doc martins :lol:

• Like 1

What's your perception of brands as Burberry or Louis Vuitton? Do you like them? Or do you despise them for selling expensive articles?

Cara Delevingne wraps up warm with a Burberry scarf while leaving her west London home:

1412960739286_wps_28_11_MARCH_2014_LONDO

I've never understood how she is a model. Bit of a manly face.

As for Burberry and luxury brands - no offense, but I think people who are obsessed with brand names are just pretentious twats.

I buy what I find comfortable or appealing. I don't care about the brand name or what is trendy, hip and cool.

I buy what I find comfortable or appealing. I don't care about the brand name or what is trendy, hip and cool.

Same here, I get what im comfortable in, some people buy it to show off which is so irritating and dumb like my aunt and her family, like why care what others think? just get what you are comfortable in.

If a piece of clothing has the brand name embroidered all over it, like most designer things do, that will cause me to not want to wear it. I do not want to use myself as a walking billboard for those companies, especially if I'm the one paying for that advertising! Exceptions being clothes with sports teams or concert t-shirts, at appropriate times/locations, ie the game or the concert.

• Like 2

Same here, I get what im comfortable in, some people buy it to show off which is so irritating and dumb like my aunt and her family, like why care what others think? just get what you are comfortable in.

I just feel sorry for people whose self worth revolves around trying to impress other people.

• Like 1

Can we discuss some designer clothes being better quality than high-street?

My most expensive dress was at full price, £200. I bought it in the sale for £65. It's by Reiss, which I know isn't high fashion, but it's not Primark either. That dress keeps me so warm, it fits perfectly and I look good in it. The simple style of it means I hope I'll be able to wear it in ten or twenty years time. I don't get that with my other clothes, which are mostly New Look, Next, M&S or charity shop.

I've stopped buying clothes for the moment. Haven't bought anything since April. I want to wear out much of what I have, then replace them with a simple, small wardrobe of better quality clothes, so I can 'uniform dress' in my style without really having to think about it.

Most I've spent on a single item of clothing was around £160 (I think) on my first pair of leather trousers.

My most expensive clothing item I bought would be a sweater, I bought it from Zurich around 7 years ago or so, it was for around 800 euros that time.

Doesn't a Big Mac cost that much in Zurich?

Yeah, but with that you get a coke & fries and a tax haven :lol:

Most I've spent on a single item of clothing was around £160 (I think) on my first pair of leather trousers.

My most expensive clothing item I bought would be a sweater, I bought it from Zurich around 7 years ago or so, it was for around 800 euros that time.

Doesn't a Big Mac cost that much in Zurich?

Yeah, but with that you get a coke & fries and a tax haven :lol:

Leather trousers ? Each to there own I guess

*cough* IRON! *cough cough*