Are Axl's current vocals enough?

I am sure that he prepares himself vocally for a show.

That Rio show with all the rain was crazy. Personally I think it was too dangerous to perform on a stage with electrical equipment in all that rain.

Here's the thing though: every other band was able to perform just fine.

One thing I think people miss about the users on this board is that we all WANT to root for Axl. But when these flimsy excuses come up instead of just owning up to things it makes it really hard.

Axl gets a lot of his momentum from running around the stage which he could not do in that rain.

I don't believe at all that Axl was sick at Bridge School.

Strep throat doesn't explain his mixing up lyrics, his disgusting bloated figure, his seven chins, DJ Anbshars, or his near heart attack on stage.

He did not have a disgusting bloated figure or seven chins.

You watched the wrong band.

Strep throat doesn't explain his mixing up lyrics, his disgusting bloated figure, his seven chins, DJ Anbshars, or his near heart attack on stage.

And just plain singing badly doesn't account for how his voice would sound like that. Do you really think that if you don't rehearse or practice for a while your voice suddenly sounds like that? Incorrect.

I can only assume you've never had strep throat yourself.

And just plain singing badly doesn't account for how his voice would sound like that. Do you really think that if you don't rehearse or practice for a while your voice suddenly sounds like that? Incorrect.

I can only assume you've never had strep throat yourself.

It 's like having knives in your throat. Most people can't even talk, let alone sing.

He did not have a disgusting bloated figure or seven chins.

You watched the wrong band.

I don't think so. Maybe you did.

• Like 1

I am sure that he prepares himself vocally for a show.

That Rio show with all the rain was crazy. Personally I think it was too dangerous to perform on a stage with electrical equipment in all that rain.

Here's the thing though: every other band was able to perform just fine.

One thing I think people miss about the users on this board is that we all WANT to root for Axl. But when these flimsy excuses come up instead of just owning up to things it makes it really hard.

Axl gets a lot of his momentum from running around the stage which he could not do in that rain.

Nah. We have several videos of him standing I'm one spot killing songs like Better with no problem whatsoever.

It would have been better if he sang with his normal voice at Bridge school, he knew he was ill and din't reach high notes, so instead of doing his signature mickey mouse voice, he should have sang it normally.

When you have strep throat or any viral illness it's hard to know what your voice is going to do at any given moment.
Not when singing is your job. Every other dude would it known the moment he does the soundcheck. More likely even before. But Mr Rose doesn't do soundchecks, right?

Maybe he thought it would go better. If he had canceled the performance due to illness people would have criticized him for that.

He got so much justified critic for other bitch moves but he didn't care. Why should he care this time what other people may think.

This time he had a reason if he was ill.

Axl already refused to show up to gigs on time or show up at all just because of his moods.

Why should he show up if he's ill and can't sing. C'mon we're talking about Axl here. That guy caused riots just because he was pissed.

His performances at Bridge School, Golden Gods and Rock In Rio 4 were god awful. Evrytime I watch one of these shows I think that's a parody.

That is not a question of opinions. It's just an embarrassment to the history and the legacy of the real band.

Everyone who denies that this performances weren't awful didn't see them or is lying. Lying to others and/or to himself.

I hope Axl is able to get in shape again. If not he should sing in his lower register which he seems to be able to. I don't wanna see something like GG again, because it hurts.

• Like 1

I still give him credit for going out in that dangerous storm. Somebody could have been electrocuted.

Many other bands did the same thing. Axl was the only one affected by the rain.

Exactly.

We're going in circles at this point:

Axlfan: But the storm!

Reasonable person: Every other band plays in the storms

Axlfan: He couldn't do his thing standing in one spot

Reasonable person: He has done his thing several times standing in one spot

Axlfan: But the storm though!

When I saw Black Sabbath last year there was this fucking storm too. They didn't care and Ozzy did just fine on stage jumping around and hit his notes. That's something I call RnR.

The plain and simple answer is no, his current vocals aren't enough. People will choose to believe whatever they want, you can keep going around in circles, but the pure unbiased logical answer here is no. Its not enough and only cause we are fans do we give it a pass. Different people have different standards. If Mick Jagger sang like Axl does for even one show, people would crucify him. He's set himself up at such a high standard that anything less is disappointment. With Axl, its been a streak of disappointment, so we try to find the glimmer of hope in anything he does, even if it doesn't exist.

I don't care if you love the new band, I don't care if you'd take a bullet for Axl, I don't care if he's your favorite singer, I don't care if you've loved the performances in the last 10 years. His current vocals ARE NOT ENOUGH. There is the answer. If he sang like this on a reunion tour, he would be the weakest link and THAT would show people how bad his voice is. What would people say, Slash is playing TOO good? Insane. Axl's vocals aren't up to standards. You can keep denying it but its the truth.

• Like 2

The plain and simple answer is no, his current vocals aren't enough. People will choose to believe whatever they want, you can keep going around in circles, but the pure unbiased logical answer here is no. Its not enough and only cause we are fans do we give it a pass. Different people have different standards. If Mick Jagger sang like Axl does for even one show, people would crucify him. He's set himself up at such a high standard that anything less is disappointment. With Axl, its been a streak of disappointment, so we try to find the glimmer of hope in anything he does, even if it doesn't exist.

I don't care if you love the new band, I don't care if you'd take a bullet for Axl, I don't care if he's your favorite singer, I don't care if you've loved the performances in the last 10 years. His current vocals ARE NOT ENOUGH. There is the answer. If he sang like this on a reunion tour, he would be the weakest link and THAT would show people how bad his voice is. What would people say, Slash is playing TOO good? Insane. Axl's vocals aren't up to standards. You can keep denying it but its the truth.

That is your opinion. And he would not be the weakest link in a reunion tour..

That is your opinion. And he would not be the weakest link in a reunion tour..

That is not an opinion.

This has nothing to do with opinions.

It is how it is.

Keep lying to yourself or open your mind. I don't care.

There is nothing to argue about.

Every ex-member is able to play his instrument even better than before.

Axl isn't. Is this an opinion? It's not. It's a fact! Deal with it or not. But stop try to tell us something that's not true.

I think of Axl's voice of that of an elite Olympic athlete. few singers have placed such incredible stress on their vocal cords with the kind of singing that he does. Just because an runner can't run quite as fast as in his 50s as he did in his 20s does not mean that he can no longer run. he still sounds great and he would still be the biggest draw of any GNR line up.

Axl's vocals are definitely enough when he is on point, the main issue is that it takes him half a touring cycle to reach the consistency we have came to expect of him, the stuff he has recorded represents some of the greatest vocal performances in history.. it would be prudent for him to rehearse a bit or keep his voice active between tours, that's why it would be a sensible idea to have recorded some albums ya know... who knows what he does, it doesn't seem like he thinks about warming his voice up before hitting the road as he comes out like mickey mouse with barely any power congruent to what he is capable of after warming up.

• Like 1

I think of Axl's voice of that of an elite Olympic athlete.

What, out of breath and grateful to be heard? :lol:

No,, something that is so special and intense like Hussein Bolt being the fastest man on earth. He may not be able to keep up that caliber of running his entire life, but he will always be a great runner.

I think of Axl's voice of that of an elite Olympic athlete.

What, out of breath and grateful to be heard? :lol:

No,, something that is so special and intense like Hussein Bolt being the fastest man on earth. He may not be able to keep up that caliber of running his entire life, but he will always be a great runner.

Hussein, yes :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard