GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Yeah, I really can't understand why people are complaining right now. Let them at least actually fuck something up before you start. Everything is smooth so far (Kimmel appearance is absolutely irrelevant).

Seriously?

How in the heck is that not a big deal. Wow.

Simple it's Jimmy Kimmel since when has he ever mattered?

How respect for the industry? How about respect for a show that books you to give you the airtime to promote whatever project you want to promote?

And if he doesn't matter then why did Axl sign on in the first place?

Kimmel is extremely important and relevant in his field. I would bet money he is more respected and relevant in his line of work than you are in yours.

I will never understand the mindset of people who let Axl's decisions effect their lives. Axl cancelled an appearance on one days notice - no biggie, the talkshow sucks. Smh.

Yeah, I really can't understand why people are complaining right now. Let them at least actually fuck something up before you start. Everything is smooth so far (Kimmel appearance is absolutely irrelevant).

Seriously?

How respect for the industry? How about respect for a show that books you to give you the airtime to promote whatever project you want to promote?

Kimmel is extremely important and relevant in his field. I would bet money he is more respected and relevant in his line of work than you are in yours.

I will never understand the mindset of people who let Axl's decisions effect their lives. Axl cancelled an appearance on one days notice - no biggie, the talkshow sucks. Smh.

Fallon or Colbert would be better... But we know Axl has a friendship with Kimmel. Axl will probably do something with Kimmel in the future.

I don't see why everyone assumes they will open with WTTJ. NuGNR did that, but that might change. I want Nightrain or It's so easy :)

I think Jungle is the logical choice, especially for a reunion. Obviously CD won't be the opener anymore, at least not for a long time I imagine - maybe eventually. I'm selfish and I really like when Nightrain closes the main set, so I hope that stays.

Say what you will about NuGN'R, but that 1-2-3 punch of Jungles, Easy and Brownstone was incredible. Even when they started opening with CD, the opening 4 were so great in that order. I wouldn't even be upset if they came out with the same 1-2-3 punch, it works so well.

I don't see why everyone assumes they will open with WTTJ. NuGNR did that, but that might change. I want Nightrain or It's so easy :)

I think Jungle is the logical choice, especially for a reunion. Obviously CD won't be the opener anymore, at least not for a long time I imagine - maybe eventually. I'm selfish and I really like when Nightrain closes the main set, so I hope that stays.

Say what you will about NuGN'R, but that 1-2-3 punch of Jungles, Easy and Brownstone was incredible. Even when they started opening with CD, the opening 4 were so great in that order. I wouldn't even be upset if they came out with the same 1-2-3 punch, it works so well.

I won't be at all surprised if the Jungle - Easy - Brownstone thing is kept at least for Coachella. I agree that it's hard to argue what a killer start to the show it is despite how overdone it has become. Duff got Axl to change openers in 2014 so we'll see what happens come tour time but all the same I expect minimal changes to the "standard set" for Coachella.

True, plus if he does go one, it will give him some time to be TV ready with everything.

Think it would have been way to early to go on Kimmel, if the shows were a lot sooner I could understand but over four months away it just seems way to early.

But then why book it in the first place?

No idea.

Maybe they underestimated the extent to which it would leak beforehand and were going to announce it then? Once it was all out there they said 'why bother'? Just guessing here.

• Like 1

Think it would have been way to early to go on Kimmel, if the shows were a lot sooner I could understand but over four months away it just seems way to early.

No idea.

Maybe they underestimated the extent to which it would leak beforehand and were going to announce it then? Once it was all out there they said 'why bother'? Just guessing here.

Once it was all out there they said 'time to look like inept jackasses'?

Problem with Coachella is that most of the audience will only know WTTJ and SCOM. You will get true fans there but they will have to deal with the hipsters.

Imagine if this reunion thing happened at Rock in Rio in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of Appetite. Axl and Slash are gods in Brazil. Would be complete insanity, haha. Still if they are able to make it through this year, maybe we will see them in Rio next year.

I was just driving home from work and the DJ said, "So there will be no Guns n' Roses reunion, but will there be a Chicago reunion?"

What the fuck did I just hear?! I was at work all day. What has happened? If this is total BS, I am sorry. I have been here for 12 years and I promise you I am not trying to get anyone upset or t.r.o.ll anyone. Does anyone know what this guy was talking about????

Edited by DirtyDeeds

No idea.

Once it was all out there they said 'time to look like inept jackasses'?

Doesn't seem inept to me, but to each their own. I imagine there will be something bigger in the event there is a tour.

What I would really love right now is an outer show of friendliness. Some warmth between the members. Some excitement. Only if it's genuine, of course. But it would be reassuring.

It wouldn't have to be much. A jokey tweet between Axl and Slash, or Axl and Duff. An "I'm really looking forward to this". Something that indicates that they're feeling joy at their reunion, or regrouping, or whatever they want to call it.

Right now, it all feels a bit cold, and purely business like. Though that may just be me... Maybe I am expecting too much. Still, I've always found that the more fun the band seems to be having, the better their performances.

What I would really love right now is an outer show of friendliness. Some warmth between the members. Some excitement. Only if it's genuine, of course. But it would be reassuring.

It wouldn't have to be much. A jokey tweet between Axl and Slash, or Axl and Duff. An "I'm really looking forward to this". Something that indicates that they're feeling joy at their reunion, or regrouping, or whatever they want to call it.

Right now, it all feels a bit cold, and purely business like. Though that may just be me... Maybe I am expecting too much. Still, I've always found that the more fun the band seems to be having, the better their performances.

No, thats not just you. Its ALL we ask for (I mean, besides Izzy, Steven and Matt lol). Seriously, all you gotta do is send a tweet that you're excited and add their names. Hell, I'd even settle for a Hey @Slash from Axl with Slash answering Hey @AxlRose back. I mean, could you imagine how much a small fucking gesture that would look like to us?!

Once again, its odd Axl hasn't mentioned Slash's name, and Slash hasn't done the same towards Axl. I don't think thats reading too much into things.

• Like 1

Seriously?

Fallon or Colbert would be better... But we know Axl has a friendship with Kimmel. Axl will probably do something with Kimmel in the future.

It doesn't really matter if it's Kimmel, Fallon or Trunk. It was an opportunity for us to get some answers. That's the biggest issue

No, thats not just you. Its ALL we ask for (I mean, besides Izzy, Steven and Matt lol). Seriously, all you gotta do is send a tweet that you're excited and add their names. Hell, I'd even settle for a Hey @Slash from Axl with Slash answering Hey @AxlRose back. I mean, could you imagine how much a small fucking gesture that would look like to us?!

Once again, its odd Axl hasn't mentioned Slash's name, and Slash hasn't done the same towards Axl. I don't think thats reading too much into things.

Thanks. I am glad that I am not the only one feeling that way.

You are right. I would be happy with even as little as a "hey". Such a small, simple word, such a small, simple gesture, but it would have an enormous impact.

It's still early days, I suppose. Hopefully we will have some great moments to come. If the first time we see them together is at Coachella, though, without something like that tiny gesture, then yes, it will be great, and I am sure that many people will be happy, but I'd be worried. I can't quite say why, or define my feelings. The best I can describe it is that I hope that this is more than just a business decision, because what made Guns N' Roses great in the first place was a spark between its members. A certain chemistry that had nothing to do with money. If that chemistry could be reignited, the future of the band looks promising. If not, I could see this regrouping fizzle out quickly.

I guess I want them to truly want this...

• Like 1

I guess I want them to truly want this...

Nope, I totally get it. A lot of people really do, and the lack of acknowledgment of each other has led to that feeling. I'm sure it'll change, but like you thats me hoping it'll change. I don't want this to be a stiff money reunion.

These aren't 12 year old girls. They're men in their 50s!

It would be so bizarre if they tweeted at each other publicly like that.

Please. Most of the stuff Axl's tweets sounds like its coming from a 12 year old. This is the one time I WANT Axl to bizarrely tweet something.

These aren't 12 year old girls. They're men in their 50s!

It would be so bizarre if they tweeted at each other publicly like that.

My mom's 61 and plays Facebook games. My aunt's in her late 50s and seems to be almost surgically attached to her phone and WhatsApp. They think that I am strange that I am no longer on Facebook and Twitter. Social media platforms are, apparently, where it's at these days. And quite aside from my family members, many bands make good use of them.