Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

I just want confirmation that back in Aug 2015 when pictures of Duff and Izzy came out working in a studio, they were recording new Guns material...

They were just tracks for Duff's "Be a Man" ep or whatever it was with Cantrell. As far as we know...

No, that was released in May 2015. In August there some tweets and news articles that they were in the studio recording but never said for whom.

Here is one of the articles, cant find one that went a little deeper though.http://ultimateclassicrock.com/duff-mckagan-izzy-stradlin-new-album/

I think a tour is coming. There no way it ain't. All this trouble just for two gigs when majority of the crowed will probably not be there for them. Look at ACDC. They played there last year and the crowd was dead. That was also there first concert in 5 years. The tour dates will come late this month. People are looking too far into this. It just got announced. I doubt promoters would put the time in effort into only two gigs and especially at a festival where they don't make as much money (I could be wrong on that part). Just be patient, stuff going to happen soon

The more I think about it... Izzy is going to be there, if only for some songs. No way Izzy isn't involved... Listening back to Alan Niven interviews a year ago, Izzy pushed hard for the RRHOF... I think we are about to get a treat, 2016 looks to be a really good year for Guns n Roses.

Edited by pacu44

Will this Rival the 1991 or was it 1990 Rock N Rio shows?

maybe.

Not even close... First RIR was a huge crowd that were there for Guns N' Roses and the band was in their prime. This will be a hipster crowd that for the most part aren't huge Guns fans.. Then they will be presented with what looks like will be a band that isn't much better than NuGNR is..

So, not that anyone cares, but do we thinks this puts to bed "Soon" CD2 ever coming out?

I still hope he just dumps anything he has left when he decides to retire.

He should release it as a solo album just like he should have with CD... While he is at it he should tell Frank and Pittman they are now part of his solo band not Gun N' Roses... Find any other drummer.. Doesn't even have to be Adler.

Honestly what the fuck is happening with this god damned band! Why is it still all cagey and fucking shrouded in mystery. I thought today would provide the clarity we've been waiting for for two damn months. AHHHH

a lot of it is down to poor PR, simply. It's not hard to drum up excitement for something - a weirdly toned, unbalanced press release doesn't cut it. But regardless, I'm very happy at the prospect.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but the good thing for Duff and Slash is that they will be making an insane amount of money even if it's a one-off at Coachella. A poster on GN'R Evo that is tied in to the concert side of the music industry said that the contract is between Coachella, Axl, Slash, and Duff. Everyone else is a hired hand (not just musicians but the usual hangers-on, roadies, etc). Coachella is supposedly gonna pay them $8m. I would guess Axl gets slightly more due to the leverage he had with the name but Slash and Duff probably still get over $2m each once you account for the fact the three of them have to pay everyone else involved. That's pretty damn great for only two shows.

If this is true, it confirms that Slash & Duff are not joining nugnr. It's Axl, Slash & Duff + a bunch of hired hands, similar to the UYI tour situation. Edited by Roky

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but the good thing for Duff and Slash is that they will be making an insane amount of money even if it's a one-off at Coachella. A poster on GN'R Evo that is tied in to the concert side of the music industry said that the contract is between Coachella, Axl, Slash, and Duff. Everyone else is a hired hand (not just musicians but the usual hangers-on, roadies, etc). Coachella is supposedly gonna pay them $8m. I would guess Axl gets slightly more due to the leverage he had with the name but Slash and Duff probably still get over $2m each once you account for the fact the three of them have to pay everyone else involved. That's pretty damn great for only two shows.

If this is true, it confirms that Slash & Duff are not joining nugnr. It's Axl, Slash & Duff + a bunch of hired hands, similar to the UYI tour situation.

No. its the New Old GNR Tour...

If this is true, it confirms that Slash & Duff are not joining nugnr. It's Axl, Slash & Duff + a bunch of hired hands, similar to the UYI tour situation.

I wish it was like the UYI situation.. This is sounding even worse..

• Like 2

I wonder who hires all the crew and other 'band' members. I would make a lot more sense the other way around: hire nuGNR with their crew and musicians (including Axl), plus pay a very large fee to Duff and Slash to fill in for the Tommy & DJ Ashba. And obviously pay NuGnR / Axl well to organize / 'allow' all this.

I wonder who hires all the crew and other 'band' members. I would make a lot more sense the other way around: hire nuGNR with their crew and musicians (including Axl), plus pay a very large fee to Duff and Slash to fill in for the Tommy & DJ Ashba. And obviously pay NuGnR / Axl well to organize / 'allow' all this.

GNR partnership, hiring nuGNR.

Edited by Babooshka

In all honesty, since at the end of the day this is really all about music, if they released a single new song on a movie soundtrack or otherwise, around February or March a la "Set Me Free" or "Oh My God", I think that would be perfect. Just perfect.

People at Coachella when they see Richard on stage are gonna think Izzy hasn't aged since 1987

I guarantee you everyone here that the media will be reporting that when they play coachella!! "A reunited axl rose, slash, duff and Izzy with frank ferrer on drums with Pittman and dizzy on keys" lol.. You watch

"Founder Axl Rose and former members"

Lmao! Seriously??? Come on.

It is accurate. get over it.

Agreed. That's common sense that axl and tracii guns came up with the name. Duff joined after beich left(only a couple of shows) and slash after a couple of months. Slash and duff weren't founders axl was.. Like it or not.