Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

so what? Axl created the group with tracii guns. Aka THEY FOUNDED IT. Get over it accept it and move on. Doesn't matter if he ever had any rights he founded guns n roses. Why is that so hard to get?

I hate when people post shit like this. It's so annoying and just plain dumb. No one cares about your "vast and incredible" knowledge. No one fuckin thinks of tracii guns they think of slash. Welcome to my ignore list whoever you are

the group wasn't created like a business venture or marketing brand, maybe the name was born from such an idea but the group was made up of slash izzy duff steven and axl. they signed the contract and became known as guns and roses incarnate, they filled the name and made it what it will most be remembered for. period.
As long as this rockeroller loser actually ignores me I'm good. You can't negotiate with insanity

People at Coachella when they see Richard on stage are gonna think Izzy hasn't aged since 1987

I guarantee you everyone here that the media will be reporting that when they play coachella!! "A reunited axl rose, slash, duff and Izzy with frank ferrer on drums with Pittman and dizzy on keys" lol.. You watch

"Founder Axl Rose and former members"

Lmao! Seriously??? Come on.

It is accurate. get over it.

Agreed. That's common sense that axl and tracii guns came up with the name. Duff joined after beich left(only a couple of shows) and slash after a couple of months. Slash and duff weren't founders axl was.. Like it or not.
It is actually pure nonsense yet unfortunately getting common indeed among some strange individuals who lost contact with reality very long ago! No, Ole Beich wasn't a founding member of GNR, neither was Tracii Guns, just cut that crap once and for all...
lmfao if this is serious you've lost contact with reality. Talk about pot meeting kettle. Or, you make a hell of a cupcake!

Assuming you're being serious, you need to some research on a little band called "guns n roses". They were created in March of 1985 by axl rose and tracii guns. If you're even thinking about arguing the appetite lineup then in yours, "just cut the crap out once and for all". They fired Steven Adler and Izzy didn't want his rights, legal rights belong to axl slash and duff but axl owns the name. Again, do your research. Therefore, axl rose and tracii guns are the founding members. Tracii just left before they did anything.

You're just ridiculous. Did Axl have a contract with Traci and Ole? GNR was officialy founded when they started gaining popularity and signed a contract whereupon Guns N'Roses consisted of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, each of them with equal right to the name while Traci never had that right for one second.
Axl founded the band with tracii guns. It didn't last long. The other guys stepped in and made it guns n roses. Ok? What is so hard for you to understand? You're the one that's ridiculous because you keep trying to win an argument that you friggin lost. What the hell is so hard to admit that axl has done something decent? My god it's pulling teeth for some of you to even compliment the guy. You act like he murdered someone. He came up with the name and he owns it. Case closed.

In no way shape or form did I say tracii guns was ever more significant than slash. Didn't say beich more was more significant to duff. Please read my posts from now on k thanks :)

It's been rumored that izzy came up with the name....and thanks for the loser insult dude just what I needed to finish the day what with having to care for my grandma with dementia after working full time and going to trade school for my sheet metal Union. Man I love the Internet. Have you read duff mckagans book especially the part about the formation of the band? Please stop acting like tracii guns made this band what it is. Slash is so many more times important than tracii was

• Like 2

Axl wouldn't have the other four AFD guys tattooed on his arm if he didn't think they are the real original members.

He probably would. It was his band's debut album cover.

He had the tattoo first. Only after the original cover got banned did they make it the album cover,.

• Like 2

so what? Axl created the group with tracii guns. Aka THEY FOUNDED IT. Get over it accept it and move on. Doesn't matter if he ever had any rights he founded guns n roses. Why is that so hard to get?
I hate when people post shit like this. It's so annoying and just plain dumb. No one cares about your "vast and incredible" knowledge. No one fuckin thinks of tracii guns they think of slash. Welcome to my ignore list whoever you are
the group wasn't created like a business venture or marketing brand, maybe the name was born from such an idea but the group was made up of slash izzy duff steven and axl. they signed the contract and became known as guns and roses incarnate, they filled the name and made it what it will most be remembered for. period.
As long as this rockeroller loser actually ignores me I'm good. You can't negotiate with insanity
People at Coachella when they see Richard on stage are gonna think Izzy hasn't aged since 1987
I guarantee you everyone here that the media will be reporting that when they play coachella!! "A reunited axl rose, slash, duff and Izzy with frank ferrer on drums with Pittman and dizzy on keys" lol.. You watch
"Founder Axl Rose and former members"Lmao! Seriously??? Come on.
It is accurate. get over it.
Agreed. That's common sense that axl and tracii guns came up with the name. Duff joined after beich left(only a couple of shows) and slash after a couple of months. Slash and duff weren't founders axl was.. Like it or not.
It is actually pure nonsense yet unfortunately getting common indeed among some strange individuals who lost contact with reality very long ago! No, Ole Beich wasn't a founding member of GNR, neither was Tracii Guns, just cut that crap once and for all...
lmfao if this is serious you've lost contact with reality. Talk about pot meeting kettle. Or, you make a hell of a cupcake!Assuming you're being serious, you need to some research on a little band called "guns n roses". They were created in March of 1985 by axl rose and tracii guns. If you're even thinking about arguing the appetite lineup then in yours, "just cut the crap out once and for all". They fired Steven Adler and Izzy didn't want his rights, legal rights belong to axl slash and duff but axl owns the name. Again, do your research. Therefore, axl rose and tracii guns are the founding members. Tracii just left before they did anything.
You're just ridiculous. Did Axl have a contract with Traci and Ole? GNR was officialy founded when they started gaining popularity and signed a contract whereupon Guns N'Roses consisted of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, each of them with equal right to the name while Traci never had that right for one second.
Axl founded the band with tracii guns. It didn't last long. The other guys stepped in and made it guns n roses. Ok? What is so hard for you to understand? You're the one that's ridiculous because you keep trying to win an argument that you friggin lost. What the hell is so hard to admit that axl has done something decent? My god it's pulling teeth for some of you to even compliment the guy. You act like he murdered someone. He came up with the name and he owns it. Case closed.In no way shape or form did I say tracii guns was ever more significant than slash. Didn't say beich more was more significant to duff. Please read my posts from now on k thanks :)
It's been rumored that izzy came up with the name....and thanks for the loser insult dude just what I needed to finish the day what with having to care for my grandma with dementia after working full time and going to trade school for my sheet metal Union. Man I love the Internet. Have you read duff mckagans book especially the part about the formation of the band? Please stop acting like tracii guns made this band what it is. Slash is so many more times important than tracii was
I have read the book. So much for you standing by your word and blocking me huh?? Lol well at least I still came out on top

Technically GNR existed before Duff and Slash joined but that was a revolving door back then. Always changing the name and the members.

So actually the first lineup that lasted (for a while at least) was the classic lineup and it's simply disrespectful to point that out at this point while not calling them founding members.

I don't even know if the "founding members" ever did a show expect for the one on 03.26.1985

They had the name already but they were still searching for the right lineup.

Edited by Free Bird

Technically GNR existed before Duff and Slash joined but that was a revolving door back then. Always changing the name and the members.

So actually the first lineup that lasted (for a while at least) was the classic lineup and it's simply disrespectful to point that out at this point while not calling them founding members.

I don't even know if the "founding members" ever did a show expect for the one on 03.26.1985

They had the name already but they were still searching for the right lineup.

I hate this argument. GN'R would never have been a known band if it wasn't for the core group we know as the Classic lineup.

Regardless of the fact that who was an original member or what have you; the fact that we got something we never thought would be possible. Can't we be happy about that? I for one, think it could of been worded a bit better; but despite that, I'm just stoked that we're going to see these guys together again under the banner of Guns n' Roses.

Regardless of the fact that who was an original member or what have you; the fact that we got something we never thought would be possible. Can't we be happy about that? I for one, think it could of been worded a bit better; but despite that, I'm just stoked that we're going to see these guys together again under the banner of Guns n' Roses.

I wish man... Slash and Duff have been playing together for years... Axl sounds like crap.. Almost everything I don't like about NuGnR is still there.. Awful drumming and a synth playing that fucks up songs... Its still up in the air whether or not there will be 3 guitarists..

Chill out, Slash is there, Duff is there, it will be much better. Axl isn't the guy to control everything during rehearsals. The sound of the band live was always a Slash and Duff thing. This time around they will also have much to say as far as this is concerned. They are the bosses there together with Axl - not Frank and not Pitman. And Axl usually leaves most of it to them. The band will not sound like Nu-GNR with Slash and Duff on board. Which is good because as far as I am concerned the Nu-Gnr sounded worse than Axl on his worst days, so that he even didn't have anything to sing to...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

Tom mate you gotta chill out, wait for announcements before you go getting all depressed

Trying man... This is just turning out to be so disappointing...

Chill out, Slash is there, Duff is there, it will be much better. Axl isn't the guy to control everything during rehearsals. The sound of the band live was always a Slash and Duff thing. This time around they will also have much to say as far as this is concerned. They are the bosses there together with Axl - not Frank and not Pitman. And Axl usually leaves most of it to them. The band will not sound like Nu-GNR with Slash and Duff on board. Which is good because as far as I am concerned the Nu-Gnr sounded worse than Axl on his worst days, so that he even didn't have anything to sing to...

I hope you are right Asia.. They need to get Frank to play the songs right... As for Pittman.. I wish they would have the balls to tell Axl that he brings the Appetite songs down man.. I think it could still be great.. Butt Pittman really brings the thing down.. When I turned on VH1 and tried to watch that 02 Arena show and give i a chance I almost shit myself on how much he was ruining Rocket Queen.. That was the only song I could get through.. It was rough.

That's a great point: Axl will not attend a single rehearsal, so the rehearsals will be led by Slash and Duff.

Meaning, when Pittman tries to teach Slash how Brownstone has a techno-beat middle eight, Slash can tell him no it doesn't, because Slash fucking WROTE the song.

The music side of things will be Slash and Duff's show, which is fucking awesome.

• Like 2

That's a great point: Axl will not attend a single rehearsal, so the rehearsals will be led by Slash and Duff.

Meaning, when Pittman tries to teach Slash how Brownstone has a techno-beat middle eight, Slash can tell him no it doesn't, because Slash fucking WROTE the song.

The music side of things will be Slash and Duff's show, which is fucking awesome.

Let's hope so.

They will probably be too afraid to hurt his feelings and get Axl upset...

Not that it matters but i want to throw my 2 cents in..I think some people are acting like morons. It IS a reunion. For example if you go to a high school reunion but only half the class shows up, they don't change the name of the event. It's still a fucking reunion. The people that want to and are willing to participate do in knowing that certain elements might have to he sacrificed. The people that are complaining "if it ain't the original 5, etc" are bitter about something in their own life. There are 3 things I though I'd never see in my life - Star Wars sequel with Luke and Han, Duke Nukem Forever and a GNR reunion. C'mon guys. Life's too short to expect more than the impossible. And right now we are getting just that. Thanks for letting me rant.

• Like 4