Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

Of course Slash isn't a founding member :) The band was founded before he came into the picture. Whether it was legally registered by that time is irrelevant. The band already existed. Unless you think that no band is a band until it has been legally registered :D Only when we are talking about the legal entity can Slash be a founding member, but we are talking about the band which existed prior to the legal registration. But oh my gawd how boring it is to discuss such trivial technicalities!

And who cares? Axl has decided to shake things up a bit this time around by getting Slash and Duff back into the band. If you like these guys then just be happy - this is what you wanted. Personally I look forward to a new chapter, great music, and the inevitable drama that is to unfold in all its GN'R splendour.

It's not about legal registration. It's about the music. The Appetite lineup is the original one in any way that could possibly count.

Here's a setlist from last year: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2014/the-joint-at-hard-rock-hotel-las-vegas-nv-bc021b2.html

15 songs from the Slash and Duff era. Guess how many from the Tracii Guns/Ole/Rob era.

Well, mr. SoulMonster will probably tell you that the first performance of Don't Cry was at the Hollywood Rose reunion concert (according to Marc Canter; probably in early '85), so this song perhaps came around even before the founding members of Guns N' Roses established (legally?) that "brand" - therefore it may not even be a Guns N' Roses song. :lol:

/sarcasm

I'm almost certain the wording is such to highlight/validate the fact that GnR never "broke up", hence why former members are rejoining rather than this being a reunion and also the mention of Chinese democracy.

The return of slash and duff has the possibility of practically wiping Chinese democracy and the NuGuns era from people's memory. I'm pretty sure thats the angle, not that Axl is king but that the band did function between 1993 and 2015.

I'm actually surprised that they didn't state that duff played with the band in (2014? My dates are a little fuzzy) and will continue alongside slash rejoining.

I wish the press release just called all three of them "classic" members instead of the founder/former thing. Syd Barrett played an important role in the foundation of Pink Floyd, but David Gilmour is the guy that helped them become legends with albums like Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall.

Syd Barrett gave the name to the band Pink Floyd, but he founded the group with Waters, Mason and Wright. Gilmour came later and gave them that awesome guitar sound and tone!

Ahh i need to listen to Pink Floyd!!

And Gilmour's voice was amazing. The dude was like a combination of Axl and Slash for GN'R. Iconic as fuck all in one package.

Yeah, like a voice from heaven...

Though, I disagree about Axl-Slash combinaton. The brains behind the operation was clearly Waters

There is a pretty decent argument that Izzy was more of the brains behind GN'R than the other guys. He has proven to be the most prolific songwriter of the bunch over the last 30 years. Axl and Slash are iconic for their singing and guitar playing more than anything else. Gilmour is the total package in that regard.

so what? Axl created the group with tracii guns. Aka THEY FOUNDED IT. Get over it accept it and move on. Doesn't matter if he ever had any rights he founded guns n roses. Why is that so hard to get?

I hate when people post shit like this. It's so annoying and just plain dumb. No one cares about your "vast and incredible" knowledge. No one fuckin thinks of tracii guns they think of slash. Welcome to my ignore list whoever you are

the group wasn't created like a business venture or marketing brand, maybe the name was born from such an idea but the group was made up of slash izzy duff steven and axl. they signed the contract and became known as guns and roses incarnate, they filled the name and made it what it will most be remembered for. period.

so what? Axl created the group with tracii guns. Aka THEY FOUNDED IT. Get over it accept it and move on. Doesn't matter if he ever had any rights he founded guns n roses. Why is that so hard to get?

I hate when people post shit like this. It's so annoying and just plain dumb. No one cares about your "vast and incredible" knowledge. No one fuckin thinks of tracii guns they think of slash. Welcome to my ignore list whoever you are

the group wasn't created like a business venture or marketing brand, maybe the name was born from such an idea but the group was made up of slash izzy duff steven and axl. they signed the contract and became known as guns and roses incarnate, they filled the name and made it what it will most be remembered for. period.
As long as this rockeroller loser actually ignores me I'm good. You can't negotiate with insanity

People at Coachella when they see Richard on stage are gonna think Izzy hasn't aged since 1987

I guarantee you everyone here that the media will be reporting that when they play coachella!! "A reunited axl rose, slash, duff and Izzy with frank ferrer on drums with Pittman and dizzy on keys" lol.. You watch

"Founder Axl Rose and former members"

Lmao! Seriously??? Come on.

It is accurate. get over it.

Agreed. That's common sense that axl and tracii guns came up with the name. Duff joined after beich left(only a couple of shows) and slash after a couple of months. Slash and duff weren't founders axl was.. Like it or not.
It is actually pure nonsense yet unfortunately getting common indeed among some strange individuals who lost contact with reality very long ago! No, Ole Beich wasn't a founding member of GNR, neither was Tracii Guns, just cut that crap once and for all...
lmfao if this is serious you've lost contact with reality. Talk about pot meeting kettle. Or, you make a hell of a cupcake!

Assuming you're being serious, you need to some research on a little band called "guns n roses". They were created in March of 1985 by axl rose and tracii guns. If you're even thinking about arguing the appetite lineup then in yours, "just cut the crap out once and for all". They fired Steven Adler and Izzy didn't want his rights, legal rights belong to axl slash and duff but axl owns the name. Again, do your research. Therefore, axl rose and tracii guns are the founding members. Tracii just left before they did anything.

You're just ridiculous. Did Axl have a contract with Traci and Ole? GNR was officialy founded when they started gaining popularity and signed a contract whereupon Guns N'Roses consisted of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, each of them with equal right to the name while Traci never had that right for one second.
Axl founded the band with tracii guns. It didn't last long. The other guys stepped in and made it guns n roses. Ok? What is so hard for you to understand? You're the one that's ridiculous because you keep trying to win an argument that you friggin lost. What the hell is so hard to admit that axl has done something decent? My god it's pulling teeth for some of you to even compliment the guy. You act like he murdered someone. He came up with the name and he owns it. Case closed.

In no way shape or form did I say tracii guns was ever more significant than slash. Didn't say beich more was more significant to duff. Please read my posts from now on k thanks :)

Edited by Billsfan

I wish the press release just called all three of them "classic" members instead of the founder/former thing. Syd Barrett played an important role in the foundation of Pink Floyd, but David Gilmour is the guy that helped them become legends with albums like Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall.

Syd Barrett gave the name to the band Pink Floyd, but he founded the group with Waters, Mason and Wright. Gilmour came later and gave them that awesome guitar sound and tone!

Ahh i need to listen to Pink Floyd!!

And Gilmour's voice was amazing. The dude was like a combination of Axl and Slash for GN'R. Iconic as fuck all in one package.

Yeah, like a voice from heaven...

Though, I disagree about Axl-Slash combinaton. The brains behind the operation was clearly Waters

There is a pretty decent argument that Izzy was more of the brains behind GN'R than the other guys. He has proven to be the most prolific songwriter of the bunch over the last 30 years. Axl and Slash are iconic for their singing and guitar playing more than anything else. Gilmour is the total package in that regard.

I understand what you're saying. It just feels a little weird correlating Pink Floyd and GnR :D They are totally different tipes of bands, the whole dynamics, the relationship between the members, music, everything! And I love both bands of course :D

Some people just can't take good news. No matter what , they'll always look for the negative. Why can't we all just be pumped Axl and Slash will share a stage again instead of arguing over how they worded a sentence in a press release?

They are in the minority. The rest of us happy fans don't have much to complain about and hence, the silence on our end.. ;)

Evidently I can't respond to someone mocking my post, so instead of referring to him as fat fuck I will say I hope Axl performs well considering he is the illustrious founding member of Guns N' Roses.

Wasn't mocking your post. I genuinely cringed, when I read your attempt to be funny

Sorry, I'm still working on my stand up routine. I've got one where I say your father is a black guy.

Evidently I can't respond to someone mocking my post, so instead of referring to him as fat fuck I will say I hope Axl performs well considering he is the illustrious founding member of Guns N' Roses.

Wasn't mocking your post. I genuinely cringed, when I read your attempt to be funny

Sorry, I'm still working on my stand up routine. I've got one where I say your father is a black guy.

Let me know when you figure that one out

I think you should be encased in concrete and thrown off a cliff.

I think you should be encased in concrete and thrown off a cliff.
Jesus.. Relax man.
  • Like 1

Not really. For example Faith No More. Gould and Roddy are founding members maybe some other guys too. But the band wasn't successful until Patton joined for the Real Thing. Patton didn't get upset because he wadn't refered to as a founding member.