Chinese Democracy II

Many people are happy about the reunion or whatever you call it. I'm fine with it too. But most of all I want to hear all the songs we have heard about through the years. Axl dropped some song names when he was chatting in this forum. Songs like The General, Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged, Jackie Chan, Seven, Thyme, Quick Song, Ides of March, Zodiac... all epic, interesting titles. All sitting in some moldy vault, when they should be blasting into our ears! I don't want want those songs to never play, when they could be giving comfort to somebody or comfort from someone..

So I figured I start a millionth thread about this topic. To keep the dream alive dammit! :D It's only been 8 years since Chinese Democracy came out. 2016 would be a good year to release a follow-up album.

The General (Intro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEgltGwUd-k

Jackie Chan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Z77Iuux_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDe3S8f4WBk

Oh My God (This is a great song with great lyrics, it deserves to be on ChiDem II!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEpvIjVauk8

I like what I'm hearing, I don't care what anybody says!

• Like 1

Oh My God is so terrible how do ppl like that?

that shit is just abucha noise and so far removed from what Guns N' Roses is

I'll repeat: I like what I'm hearing, I don't care what anybody says! :P

I admit this song is not my favourite, the lyrics are not that great, although in my deprived state I've learned to like it somewhat. The lyrics have been changed though, if I remember correctly Axl saying so.

Oh My God was officially released almost 20 fuckin years ago. Time to move on from it.

Silkworms supposedly had the chorus removed and Classic Rock/Mick Wall suggested it was mostly instrumental when they heard the demo years ago.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Unfortunately if it was going to happen it would have to happen pre ahem-regrouping. No one wants slash and duff to paste some parts onto them and stick a couple of their numbers onto a reunion album.

I mean they might reuse one or two and rework them completely same as I'm sure they might take a song originally destined for a solo slash or duff record and redo.

The best possibility is a year or reunion shows and then a new slash solo album, duff solo album and a CDII from a WAR/Axl band followed by a reunion record proper. But this band do not live on the land of the sensible.

There's a simple reason why ChiDem2 never came out: Axl knows it's just not that great.

He already smeared shit all over his legacy with the abomination of nuGNR and nu-nuGNR and nu-nu-nuGNR.

He knows it's better to leave people guessing about the "magic" shit he has stored away in his vault, when in fact, it's just plain simple shit.

• Like 1

There's a simple reason why ChiDem2 never came out: Axl knows it's just not that great.

He already smeared shit all over his legacy with the abomination of nuGNR and nu-nuGNR and nu-nu-nuGNR.

He knows it's better to leave people guessing about the "magic" shit he has stored away in his vault, when in fact, it's just plain simple shit.

Nah. If the songs in the vaul are even half as good as the ones on ChiDem, I'll be happy to listen to them. Maybe it's because I came to know old Guns N' Roses when it was already over, I don't have that baggage you have. I don't worry about some "legacy" of the old Guns. I like the old and the new old stuff. There are many wasted years, sure, but it is what it is.

Oh My God is so terrible how do ppl like that?

that shit is just abucha noise and so far removed from what Guns N' Roses is

I'll repeat: I like what I'm hearing, I don't care what anybody says! :P

I admit this song is not my favourite, the lyrics are not that great, although in my deprived state I've learned to like it somewhat. The lyrics have been changed though, if I remember correctly Axl saying so.

Sounds like whoever put this together used the vocals from RIR 01 and processed'em to sound like a studio recording.

• Like 1

Nah. If the songs in the vaul are even half as good as the ones on ChiDem, I'll be happy to listen to them. Maybe it's because I came to know old Guns N' Roses when it was already over, I don't have that baggage you have. I don't worry about some "legacy" of the old Guns. I like the old and the new old stuff. There are many wasted years, sure, but it is what it is.

Then why haven't the rest of the songs been released? You have some other reason in mind?

Axl clearly doesn't share your view that those songs are any good, because he hasn't released them 15 years after recording them.

Then why haven't the rest of the songs been released? You have some other reason in mind?

Axl clearly doesn't share your view that those songs are any good, because he hasn't released them 15 years after recording them.

I don' know why they haven't been released. He was happy with the ChiDEm songs, otherwise he wouldn't play them live. I remain hopeful that we hear them later rather then sooner. :) Ommmmm, blowthenegativityintoalittlebbleandpushitawayyyy, ommmmmmmm. You should maybe try that shit. :)

I'd definitely take 1 leak of a song from Chin Dem 2

rather than 250 identical bootlegs of milkin appetite,

just like Axl had been doin in 2010-2014

effin sheit, I REALLY hope Axl is saving the best for last

Aye!

Just because you can't come up with a reason why he hasn't released them doesn't mean that he's not planning to release them.

How about this: Axl didn't want to release the next album before he knew if Slash is coming back to GNR. Maybe he's been negotiating with Slash for a long time. What would be the point in releasing an album if you're not even sure who's going to be in the band next year.

It would make a lot more sense to release CD2 now with Slash and Duff adding their contributions to it.

But yeah, that's just one possible reason why Axl might have chosen to delay the release. I'm willing to bet that CD2 songs will be released at some point, but you're of course free to imagine that Axl's never gonna release the stuff that he's been working on for years. All I know is that so far things have gone pretty much like I've been predicting with the hybrid lineup and stuff like that.

Just because you can't come up with a reason why he hasn't released them doesn't mean that he's not planning to release them.

How about this: Axl didn't want to release the next album before he knew if Slash is coming back to GNR. Maybe he's been negotiating with Slash for a long time. What would be the point in releasing an album if you're not even sure who's going to be in the band next year.

It would make a lot more sense to release CD2 now with Slash and Duff adding their contributions to it.

But yeah, that's just one possible reason why Axl might have chosen to delay the release. I'm willing to bet that CD2 songs will be released at some point, but you're of course free to imagine that Axl's never gonna release the stuff that he's been working on for years. All I know is that so far things have gone pretty much like I've been predicting with the hybrid lineup and stuff like that.

Hm yeah ok. Axl has been negotiating with Slash since 2008, which is why ChiDem2 never was released.

OK.

There will never be a proper CD2 physical release because it would be a commercial flop and it would seriously bruise Axl's ego.

Best Buy isn't purchasing a million copies of CD2. It was a smart move by Axl to get the platinum certification on CD, but no retailer is mass buying a nuGNR album after the BB-ChiDem fiasco.

Apple might be interested in streaming some not-yet released music like they did with Dr. Dre and the Compton album/soundtrack. If they went the streaming route, fans would be happy getting to hear new music, Axl would get paid and sales numbers wouldn't be a concern.

not forgetting Going Down.

well i dont think we will be seeing those songs anytime soon. Which is a shame considering all the rumours that have gone around about them.

Perhaps "not in this lifetime" will we hear those songs. However we will see Slash grace the stage, funny how life works out differently than expected!

Edited by Axl_morris

Hm yeah ok. Axl has been negotiating with Slash since 2008, which is why ChiDem2 never was released.

OK.

Lol, no! And I doubt you're as stupid as you you're acting.

Best scenario I can think of is SOME CD era music coming out on a release from the current band... Releasing it as it is today? I can't see there being a market for that release, people have 100% gone back to just wanting Slash/axl music. The time for that full length CD II release came and went several times over.

Stuff like The General, Seven, Thyme, Leave Me Alone all had orchestration from Beltrami. So I doubt they are throwaway songs.

I have suspicions they are Riad, Madagascar, TWAT, Prostitute, but normally someone pops up with proof they aren't. I think Beltrami worked on 7-8 songs or something like that.

Axl did talk about Atlas Shrugged, Oklahoma aka Berlin, Soul Monster, Ides of March. With Jackie Chan that's 9 tracks.

There's that Fortus/Slash rumored track and an Izzy song. Silkworms, Going Down, Quick Song, Zodiac also confirmed songs.

The next Gn'R Albums.

UYI III: A mix of some of the intended CD II songs (updated with Slash and Duff on them) and some entirely new songs.

UYI IIII: Re-recordings and/or re-masterings of UYI I&II deep cuts, this time with louder rythm guitar and less overproduction.

If this happens Axl could rightfully retire as Mr Santa Claus of Rock.

Edited by Fin

I would love to hear it. Even if Slash and Duff have to re record CD2. I would take it over nothing. Could track titles changed? Maybe. I would also kill for the record that Sean produced. The one that was industrial like from 1999...

Why do people get hyped for The General? I bet it's another Scraped with synths...

I would love to hear it. Even if Slash and Duff have to re record CD2. I would take it over nothing. Could track titles changed? Maybe. I would also kill for the record that Sean produced. The one that was industrial like from 1999...

Why do people get hyped for The General? I bet it's another Scraped with synths...

Its got to be better than Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues & So Fine.