04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

I'm still wondering how hey (Axl) convinced Slash to play CD songs... but on the other hand, they don't play anything from Slash/Duff solo career.

I was wondering the same thing.

Maybe we'll see a VR song like Slither, Fall To Pieces or Messages, later in the tour? Would be cool to see Axl's take on the songs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DIST said:

Frank can be the nicest guy in the world. God bless him...but he has ZERO chemistry with Slash and Duff, he is fucking lost on most songs.

If Axl can't stand Sorum, fine but find someone who can play the fucking tunes.

1 hour ago, Ifdworld said:

that's some bullshit right there. stating your opinion as a fact, isn't a fact.

Just because you're not fond of a particular musician it doesn't make him a bad musician necessarily. your opinion is only an opinion. the only fact here is that frank is a great professional drummer and so is matt but picking favourites is based on taste and not music proficiency. 

Please show everyone where @DIST stated his opinion as a fact, because I just read his post and I couldn't it.  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, madison said:

Maybe we'll see a VR song like Slither, Fall To Pieces or Messages, later in the tour? Would be cool to see Axl's take on the songs. 

Weiland isn't long gone so maybe they're worried about being seen as insensitive, though I suppose they could dedicate a softer song like Fall to Pieces to him.

Hello Gnr lovers! Daily, longtime lurker from Canada here (since 2007) and first time poster!! I had to create an account because this shit is so damn exciting! Loving the band and loving the atmosphere surrounding the band lately. Great videos. Kick ass. Wishing I could be in Vegas tonight!! Enjoy, you lucky people who are!

• Like 1

Coma is not a favourite of mine by any means, but it looked like it would have been cool to see live. Axl kept up pretty well on it too, I think he handled it about the same as he did 20 years ago. Clean/rasp throughout sounded pretty good.

Overall, I think Axl is sounding pretty good, probably on a par with the end of Vegas, and this is only the 2nd show. In comparison to the Brazil '14 tour (terrible) or the start of the '11 run he is off the charts. I'd definitely pay to see this when comes within reasonable range of me.

Not sure on Slash's Solo for TIL, hopefully he'll get more familiar with it because he hit some clangers (the first note in particular).

13 minutes ago, madison said:

I was one of the minority wanting to see this. Slither and Fall to Pieces would be awesome to hear with Axl on vocals. 

• Like 2

I can almost guarantee Slither and/or Fall to Pieces will find its way into the tour somewhere; much more doubt with Slash's solo work, but considering Velvet is pretty much dead and buried, GnR would be a great vehicle to keep their great tracks alive

Why on earth do people think we might hear VR songs? They're a different band who happened to have some of the same members. Yes, VR did Guns and STP songs, but VR were always touted as a supergroup and they played stuff from their back catalogue. Guns don't need to do that, they're Guns N' Roses. 

Regardless of the band members, the CD material is Guns N' Roses material. If Fortus can play Axl and Slash's old stuff, then Slash can play Axl and Fortus' new stuff. It all counts as GNR. I can't see them ever doing VR songs, I don't see why they would.

• Like 1