04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

6 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

Yeah, I thought about that, but being that these are the floor VIP tickets with early entry, and their own separate entrance and the pre party and whatnot, and basically right in the same area as the PIT, I would imagine that all floor within a certain proximity (like the first 10 rows I think thats what the advertisment said) and all PIT tickets get banded. The only thing that would fuck us up is if they use different colors or something for the bands. Guess we'll just have to play it by ear.

If they band.....they will use a different color for early entry, regular GA and anyone with an actual seat.  That is the whole point of banding actually.

20 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

Yeah, I thought it might be a fun idea. Me and friends used to do shit like that at shows all the time lol. We would do stuff like all have lawn seats, but pay to upgrade on seat. One person would go in, put that ticket in their wallet, throw it over the railing to the next guy and so on and so forth, and before ya knew it thered be 6 of us with decent seats lol... granted this would be much simpler then that lol.

Lemme know what you decide to go for.

And this is another reason why they may wristband LOL.....the old school trick of having a group go and buy lawn tickets, except for two people who buy great seats, then one by one bring everyone down doesn't work.   

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I wonder if the pit will be rough ,I mean obviously not Slayer rough or if it'll just be old ass GNR fans who can't be bothered with pushing and shoving. Maybe it's because I'm older now but I don't see the appeal of being pushed,shoved and having some kid drag his feet on my head while crowd

I really don't think its gonna be that bad. We're all fucking old, and this is not a cheap event to attend.  I'm sure there will be spots where people are rowdy, but if you want to avoid them you can.

Seeing this and Pearl Jam from the GA at MSG in a span of a month is more than my brain can digest.  I had a 7% chance of winning that lotto.

Has it been discussed what time they are gonna come out yet? I'm thinking it can't be anything before 11-11:30, right? What is the consensus here?

Edited by Saltzy

10 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

I really don't think its gonna be that bad. We're all fucking old, and this is not a cheap event to attend.  I'm sure there will be spots where people are rowdy, but if you want to avoid them you can.

Seeing this and Pearl Jam from the GA at MSG in a span of a month is more than my brain can digest.  I had a 7% chance of winning that lotto.

Has it been discussed what time they are gonna come out yet? I'm thinking it can't be anything before 11-11:30, right? What is the consensus here?

There should actually be some sort of contest for this...I'm gonna go on record and say they hit the stage at exacty 11:02 PM local time.

24 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I hear ya. I opted for reserved floor myself. I've been in plenty of pits in my day. It's a young man's game... Or at least young at heart! Plus, my ol' lady will be with me. She's definitely not down with pit action...

Yeah,I hear ya. The worst is when you get pushed into someone,then the person who you hit thinks it was your fault even though it was beyond your control. Good luck explaining that when the music is playing at ear splitting volume.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

If AIC go on right at 930 and play for an hour with the set change, the earliest I see GNR coming on is 1130 but I'd bet closer to Midnight.

20 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Hahahaha... I doubt HIGHLY that it will be rough, most GNR fans are oldheads with some disposable income, and a lot less aggression these days (or at least I'd think so) hell I'm 32 and I'm probably a baby compared to some. There are very few things on this earth that compare to a SLAYER pit (the trenches in World War I were probably a little worse LoL), although I must say I saw Lamb of God in philly at the Electric Factory once, and that was quite literally, hands down without a doubt the meanest, roughest. scariest PIT I've ever been in. It was literally the whole goddamned floor and you couldn't stop or you'd get fucking crushed. I'm very much starting to get over that shit and fade into oldheadness at this point, but its still fun to fuck shit up from time to time :headbang:

• Like 2

Early entry is great..but not sure how i can handle standing for like 7hrs if doors open at 730.  i have early entrance.  But i dont plan on standing on the rail the whole night. Shit im 37 lol..but i would like to drink and enjoy the show.  But i guess nobody knows what the hell will happen until we are there.  btw i have silver vip...cant wait!!!

14 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

Hahahaha... I doubt HIGHLY that it will be rough, most GNR fans are oldheads with some disposable income, and a lot less aggression these days (or at least I'd think so) hell I'm 32 and I'm probably a baby compared to some. There are very few things on this earth that compare to a SLAYER pit (the trenches in World War I were probably a little worse LoL), although I must say I saw Lamb of God in philly at the Electric Factory once, and that was quite literally, hands down without a doubt the meanest, roughest. scariest PIT I've ever been in. It was literally the whole goddamned floor and you couldn't stop or you'd get fucking crushed. I'm very much starting to get over that shit and fade into oldheadness at this point, but its still fun to fuck shit up from time to time :headbang:

Oh it's definitely not gonna be like a Slayer "mosh pit". But I think it's gonna be people pushing for position and a LOT of people going for the front. All I know is, I'm content to be in reserved. Close enough, but none of the physical demands- haha...

6 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Lost in all this is that this is also the 1st event in this history of the T Mobile arena, which is pretty badass.

Here are a bunch of pics that were just released.

Place looks pretty damn sweet.

http://sinbin.vegas/2016/03/17/t-mobile-arena-tour-pictures-observations-tips-and-a-short-movie/

This isn't the first event....The Killers play there on April 6th.

6 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Lost in all this is that this is also the 1st event in this history of the T Mobile arena, which is pretty badass.

Here are a bunch of pics that were just released.

Place looks pretty damn sweet.

http://sinbin.vegas/2016/03/17/t-mobile-arena-tour-pictures-observations-tips-and-a-short-movie/

Actually 2nd event, but close enough.   The Killers and Wayne Newton open the arena. 

9 minutes ago, Original said:

Actually 2nd event, but close enough.   The Killers and Wayne Newton open the arena. 

Oops.

Btw, I called Stubhub and asked what the policy is in the situation where you don't have the tickets in your hand yet, but can prove you have them and they told me that doesn't really matter.  I pulled my listing because I really don't wanna risk having to pay a fine for not delivering my ticket as promised should it sell.

Still shouldn't be an issue as I'll just pick them up on the 8th at noon, run it over to the LMS center and have almost 2 days to sell it, but for anyone planning on doing the same thing for the Friday show you need to be a little more careful.  You'll have from 12-9:30 to sell it if you decide to go that route.  Just wanna make sure everyone knows the whole story so no one gets screwed or anything.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Oops.

Btw, I called Stubhub and asked what the policy is in the situation where you don't have the tickets in your hand yet, but can prove you have them and they told me that doesn't really matter.  I pulled my listing because I really don't wanna risk having to pay a fine for not delivering my ticket as promised should it sell.

Still shouldn't be an issue as I'll just pick them up on the 8th at noon, run it over to the LMS center and have almost 2 days to sell it, but for anyone planning on doing the same thing for the Friday show you need to be a little more careful.  You'll have from 12-9:30 to sell it if you decide to go that route.  Just wanna make sure everyone knows the whole story so no one gets screwed or anything.

You literally can't list tickets for LMS pickup only right now...I tried to do it.  Also you should find out if the LMS center is open that early in the day.  Typically they open 3 or so hours before an event, but again it's Vegas so they may be open more than usual in other areas.  

Also, now that all the dust is subsiding with the Vegas hotel deals, one thing surprises me:

It LOOKS like, and I could be wrong, but:

MGM was $897 for a room with tickets

NYNY was $912 for a room with tickets

Monte Carlo was $917 for a room with tickets.

Just noticed it, but I thought that actually goes in the opposite order. MGM is nicest, but least expensive for this deal. Does that make sense? Just something that occurred to me. But I thought it was Monte Carlo<NYNY<MGM in terms of niceness.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

19 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Also, now that all the dust is subsiding with the Vegas hotel deals, one thing surprises me:

It LOOKS like, and I could be wrong, but:

MGM was $897 for a room with tickets

NYNY was $912 for a room with tickets

Monte Carlo was $917 for a room with tickets.

Just noticed it, but I thought that actually goes in the opposite order. MGM is nicest, but least expensive for this deal. Does that make sense? Just something that occurred to me. But I thought it was Monte Carlo<NYNY<MGM in terms of niceness.

I'm thinking they were more since the arena is right behind those hotels from what I can tell. That's the only thing that stands out, at least to me.

2 minutes ago, joe74 said:

I'm thinking they were more since the arena is right behind those hotels from what I can tell. That's the only thing that stands out, at least to me.

Good theory. Yeah, just something I noticed since I simply went for the hotel I was in. Didn't even check the others. Not that it mattered since its literally a $20 total difference, but found that interesting, if indeed the best place was least expensive.

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Good theory. Yeah, just something I noticed since I simply went for the hotel I was in. Didn't even check the others. Not that it mattered since its literally a $20 total difference, but found that interesting, if indeed the best place was least expensive.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I had to think long if I really wanted to walk across the street probably drunk after the concert, and if it was just worth staying at NyNy or MC. But Mgm is just a better hotel with the amenities. 

7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Bionda, tu sei una bomba!

Ma sei pazza?  Questo non e Vasco Rossi....questo e Guns N' Fucking Roses....devi venire a Las Vegas!!

:D do you speak italian????

I know it's not Vasco rossi but guns n roses, but my boss thinks differently :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

People are coming from all over the fucking world, man! And paying a grand or more to be in there. And then the adrenaline surge when the lights go out... I think it's gonna be fuckin pushin n shovin all night...

My 16 year old self is counting on a pushing and shoving kind of night. I've waited 23 years for this people! I fullt intend to do all things I didn't get to do in 1992 when I missed them before the originals (version 2) split - I'm going to crowd surf... sit on someone's shoulders... take my top off and flash Axl (ok maybe not that).

Note: my real 36 year old self will probably just stand pleasantly enjoying the show on her own :) 

7 hours ago, Saltzy said:

We're all buddy-buddy here until Axl tosses the mic into the GA pit and we attack each other like rabid dogs trying to grab it.

Or Axl tosses himself into the GA Pit, then I'm going after him. Actually, none of us would probably be alive to tell the tale (sorry Axl). When was the last time Axl crowd surfed?

• Like 3