04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

We're all buddy-buddy here until Axl tosses the mic into the GA pit and we attack each other like rabid dogs trying to grab it.

In advance, I think it would be easiest if you all just let me have it.  I really don't see any reason for us all to fight over it, right everyone? 

I'm glad we could all come together and agree on this.

Koombaya everyone.  Koombaya.   

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 3

Just now, Saltzy said:

We're all buddy-buddy here until Axl tosses the mic into the GA pit and we attack each other like rabid dogs.

In advance, I think it would be easiest if you all just let me have it.  I really don't see any reason for us all to fight over it, right everyone? 

I'm glad we could all come together and agree on this.

Koombaya everyone.  Koombaya.   

The real question is are you only going after it to then sell it for an exorbitant price?:lol:

I wonder if the pit will be rough ,I mean obviously not Slayer rough or if it'll just be old ass GNR fans who can't be bothered with pushing and shoving. Maybe it's because I'm older now but I don't see the appeal of being pushed,shoved and having some kid drag his feet on my head while crowdsurfing,as I attempt to enjoy a show.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I wonder if the pit will be rough ,I mean obviously not Slayer rough or if it'll just be old ass GNR fans who can't be bothered with pushing and shoving. Maybe it's because I'm older now but I don't see the appeal of being pushed,shoved and having some kid drag his feet on my head while crowdsurfing,as I attempt to enjoy a show.

I know it's probably not exactly the same but at No Trickery I managed to get the front left of the stage every night with no issues and ample standing room around me - was even able to make friends with the people next to me to hold my place while I ran to the bar!

8 minutes ago, Binge_And_Slash said:

I know it's probably not exactly the same but at No Trickery I managed to get the front left of the stage every night with no issues and ample standing room around me - was even able to make friends with the people next to me to hold my place while I ran to the bar!

There will be more diehards in two weeks. It's going to get nuts and I will not be surprised if it gets rough on people trying to push towards the front. No way anyone will be saving spots. I just hope there is some level of respect for everyone that is there to enjoy the show.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Why wouldn't you fly out on Sunday night?  With the promotion you check out at 11 am Sunday.  :thumbsup:

Yeah you're right, I just saw it said "Friday to Sunday" quick and assumed it had the Sunday night included. D'oh. Brainfart.

One more question though, does that mean I need to check out twice? (I figured I need to check in at both Luxor and Excalibur to get my tickets for both nights)

I can almost picture some skinny jeans wearing kid with the black rimmed hipster glasses trying to push past a large GNR fan that has waited a quarter century for this moment and flown from halfway across the world. After the third attempt, the old school fan knocks out the kid and secures his place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Nah...this isn't Metallica in the 80's....most people in the pit will be us...same people you see here posting everyday....and if you happen to see Black Sabbath on the rail, out of control drunk, just tell Axl Justin Bieber is in the audience and it should take care of itself.   :lol:

6 minutes ago, Binge_And_Slash said:

One more question though, does that mean I need to check out twice? (I figured I need to check in at both Luxor and Excalibur to get my tickets for both nights)

You don't need to check in at all. You can pick up your tickets at Will Call at the arena at noon on the 8th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

People are coming from all over the fucking world, man! And paying a grand or more to be in there. And then the adrenaline surge when the lights go out... I think it's gonna be fuckin pushin n shovin all night...

• Like 1

On 3/4/2016 at 7:59 PM, gunsfanoldie said:
9 minutes ago, Original said:

Where is the link to that Vegas countdown?   Someone made one.  That should be pinned soon please.  Love that!

Same. Glad she was able to find something! Cool to see everyone is pitching in to help everyone out here. GNR bringing the whole world together!

maybe this?

https://fncd.net/v?id=WzfNKBg

7 hours ago, PITBOSS said:

i see they have options for seats in section 15 or ga plus upper cheaper seat options

but trading off might be a good option because i'm going to get burnt out

Yeah, I thought it might be a fun idea. Me and friends used to do shit like that at shows all the time lol. We would do stuff like all have lawn seats, but pay to upgrade on seat. One person would go in, put that ticket in their wallet, throw it over the railing to the next guy and so on and so forth, and before ya knew it thered be 6 of us with decent seats lol... granted this would be much simpler then that lol.

Lemme know what you decide to go for.

Edited by challenger70rt

1 minute ago, challenger70rt said:

Yeah, I thought it might be a fun idea. Me and friends used to do shit like that at shows all the time lol. We would do stuff like all have lawn seats, but pay to upgrade on seat. One person would go in, put that ticket in their wallet, throw it over the railing to the next guy and so on and so forth, and before ya knew it thered be 6 of us with decent seats lol... granted this would be much simpler then that lol.

Lemme know what you decide to go for.

haven't got to talk to the woman about what we want to do yet but your idea seems like it could work great

24 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

People are coming from all over the fucking world, man! And paying a grand or more to be in there. And then the adrenaline surge when the lights go out... I think it's gonna be fuckin pushin n shovin all night...

You could be right. My old ass will be up in the cheap seats. At many venues ,you sometimes get a better,less muddied sound further back so between that and not dealing with being pushed ,I'm OK.

7 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This is a good idea...but you may want to call AXS or the venue to see if they are going to be wrist-banding those who have GA tix

Yeah, I thought about that, but being that these are the floor VIP tickets with early entry, and their own separate entrance and the pre party and whatnot, and basically right in the same area as the PIT, I would imagine that all floor within a certain proximity (like the first 10 rows I think thats what the advertisment said) and all PIT tickets get banded. The only thing that would fuck us up is if they use different colors or something for the bands. Guess we'll just have to play it by ear.

Edited by challenger70rt

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

You could be right. My old ass will be up in the cheap seats. At many venues ,you sometimes get a better,less muddied sound further back so between that and not dealing with being pushed ,I'm OK.

I hear ya. I opted for reserved floor myself. I've been in plenty of pits in my day. It's a young man's game... Or at least young at heart! Plus, my ol' lady will be with me. She's definitely not down with pit action...