04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

So those who have already mentioned are right - you can only book two nights with this deal. But I called the hotel (Excalibur in my case) and made a separate booking for the extra night(s) I wanted to book (just because I'll be jet lagged to fuck and want a couple of days to zone out before the gig) so she tied the bookings together and I get to stay in the same room. The price for a room on the Weds and Thurs was about $35 each night. Boom.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

OK. So we have tickets for the first night for $566.30 (283.15 each).

We have tickets for the second night for $457.10 ($228.55 each).

Then according to my credit card statements, I have a charge from Expedia for the hotel at $300 ($150 each) and $637.36 for the flight ($319 each)

Altogether that comes out to a little under $1000 ($980) for each of us, and a total of $1,960.76 for our entire trip for the two of us. And without flights it would be $1323 TOTAL for the trip.

I am currently able to book a room with GA or seat tickets for $917.19 total according to the hotel. I don't know how to break down those charges.

So how would that affect my overall funds, and I guess the big question is am I spending the same amount or losing ANY money (I can't imagine I'll save any money)?

Again, so sorry to be so insanely annoying. This is like a fucking math word problem.

Expedia isn't going to let you cancel.

31 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That's what I would do...speaking of which s your second night GA ticket spoken for?

My Buddy is probably going to take it.  Each ticket ended up costing me $360 after taxes, fees ....based on what I was paying for the previous 2 nights and the difference they refunded me.  I'd let it go for what it cost me if he doesn't want it. 

14 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm dying. I still don't know what the fuck to do. It looks like I'm currently paying $866 in total for hotel all weekend and tickets for night 1. With this offer, that goes up to $917, AND I lose a night at a hotel, so I gotta factor in the cost of paying for another one of those. So essentially its losing another $117 ($60 or so a person) to get an upgrade on seats, which still seems like a really good deal, but I can't fucking tell if I'm missing something.

Like are room fees part of this deal? The $30 a night they tack on at the end? Cause my total $866 price doesn't include that. I'm assuming the deal doesn't include that.

Correct the resort fee is tacked on at the end either way...so you'll be paying that no matter what.

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

They won't? I was just about to call them, but I thought I could cancel for a 100% refund until like the week of? I thought cancelling the hotel would be the easiest part of this.

Well, historically if you prepay through them for one of their deals, they do not let you cancel.  I don't know exactly what you booked, so they may.  Call them and find out.

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

They won't? I was just about to call them, but I thought I could cancel for a 100% refund until like the week of? I thought cancelling the hotel would be the easiest part of this.

I think Priceline and Expedia both won't let you cancel but if you bought the trip insurance at checkout, then maybe you should be good?

We bought a flight, hotel, and rental package before this, just gonna keep it, its actually cheaper that way than trying to find a flight out. So I still have a room for thursday, just have to transfer my stuff to the MGM from the Excalibur. then I will have an extra room at the Excalibur on Friday and Saturday night. Just gotta cancel/refund my night two VIP tickets.

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

I think Priceline and Expedia both won't let you cancel but if you bought the trip insurance at checkout, then maybe you should be good?

Fuck. Well that would make the decision for me. I was positive I thought I could cancel, but no I did NOT buy trip insurance so that would make sense. I was just positive I could cancel because I thought thats why everyone was canceling hotels here and booking new ones. I guess thats cause they did it with the hotel and not Expedia.

Well that would make the decision for me I guess.

3 minutes ago, hartjh14 said:

Well, historically if you prepay through them for one of their deals, they do not let you cancel.  I don't know exactly what you booked, so they may.  Call them and find out.

Yeah, I just did and it was a 30 minute wait time. I'm gonna have them call me back and I don't lose my place in line.

Fyi anyone that is worried about changing your current reservation....most sites will allow you to cancel or change your hotel reservations...even if you did a flight/hotel package deal....you just can't change or cancel the flight portion.

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Fyi anyone that is worried about changing your current reservation....most sites will allow you to cancel or change your hotel reservations...even if you did a flight/hotel package deal....you just can't change or cancel the flight portion.

Right, thats what I thought. I thought the hotel was completely refundable. Now I'm on hold to find out the answer.

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Excalibur $665ish dollars 

Thanks. I was confused when I looked at it. So that would only be GA for one night? I'd have to buy a separate hotel package for each night that I wanted tickets? If I went with the cheaper tickets, it'd essentially be $50 less per package?

3 minutes ago, SmackMaster511 said:

Shoot, now that there are so many forum members in GA on Friday, all these inflatable dolphins will be a lot easier to distribute!

i can't wait for these dolphins - now I'm going to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be looking out. Hope they are in GA Floor!

Just now, PITBOSS said:

only $95 more to book MGM i'm thinking of doing that so after the show i won't have to walk as far

Yup, exactly. Thats where I booked just for ease of getting back hopefully in one piece. Lol